Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Regional Championship: 4#8Mooresville @ 4#3Memorial

19 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

How ignorant to say their season is over because of traveling a couple hours and being the visitor.  I'd say give Memorial a TD for being the home team, but if Mooresville is hitting on all cylinders I don't see how they don't come away with the victory!  Mooresville - 28  Memorial - 17.  They are just too big and strong for Memorial to stop their run game.

AVD, just go away!  Quit following me around the GID and taking snip-its....then commenting a half-witted attempt at an insult. 

BTW, Milan has played in 3-Regional's since 2000....2 were on the road for more than a 2-hour bus ride....both ended in lopsided losses.  Believe me the long bus ride, then right to game prep affects the  outcome.  

I think you should look up the definition of ignorance before applying or implying someone else is. 

35 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

What are Mooresville's weaknesses? I'm sure enough that our O-line is going to have tons of trouble with their D-line this Friday night. 

Mooresville's punt game is weak for a high-level 4A. Passing game isn't always sharp, although very capable.

This week's game probably won't find the Field Judge being from Mooresville, as was the case against EC. Still cannot believe the IHSAA (well, yeah I can) did that.

8 minutes ago, Screagle said:

#6 hasn’t played offense except in short yardage and FB sets. Numbers won’t look good.  Friday was 1st time he was used as feature RB on offense. He’s a physical DE that wasn’t going to get significant touches until tournament time. Rarely stepped on field on offense in his career. 

EM will have to be firing on all cylinders. This team is fully aware of that and understands how to win in November. Still may not be enough to overcome the enormous size and strength of Mooresville. Never mind how athletic Mooresville appears to be. 

Allow me to explain I wasn't typing about #6 Combs for Ev. Memorial. I was typing about #6 K. Evans for Mooresville. He has good numbers at WR, but his brother #13 B. Evans is the better WR. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Mooresville's punt game is weak for a high-level 4A. Passing game isn't always sharp, although very capable.

This week's game probably won't find the Field Judge being from Mooresville, as was the case against EC. Still cannot believe the IHSAA (well, yeah I can) did that.

Hmm, there were 2 consecutive non-calls that replay disagreed with....... on East Central's secondary. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Hmm, there were 2 consecutive non-calls that replay disagreed with....... on East Central's secondary. 

I found that statement kind of odd. Didn't really get what point was trying to be made. Having watched the game I didn't see much that wasn't called that should have been. It really was a rather clean game by both teams.

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

In fact, this week’s game won’t have a field judge at all, since that position does not exist in a 5 man crew. I would think an “Unbiased Official” would know that ... if he really is an official, that is.

55 minutes ago, Bobref said:

In fact, this week’s game won’t have a field judge at all, since that position does not exist in a 5 man crew. I would think an “Unbiased Official” would know that ... if he really is an official, that is.

daaaaaaannnggggg!

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

My bad, I'm a basketball/baseball official/umpire-----BACK JUDGE

Point remains the same-why is it prudent for the IHSAA to assign someone who lives in Mooresville to work the Mooresville/EC sectional final?

5 hours ago, Stoner said:

My bad, I'm a basketball/baseball official/umpire-----BACK JUDGE

Point remains the same-why is it prudent for the IHSAA to assign someone who lives in Mooresville to work the Mooresville/EC sectional final?

First of all, crew locations are determined by the residence of the Referee. But second, there simply are not enough good crews at this point in the tournament to be that picky. A single crew might have members from 5 different school districts. Simple geographic location has never been considered a disqualifying factor, nor should it be. If there were an over abundance of officials, the IHSAA might be able to cut it that fine. But, unfortunately, the opposite is true.

18 hours ago, troyfan said:

Believe me the long bus ride, then right to game prep affects the  outcome.

The last 3 Regionals that I have watched the road team has won (EC over Reitz in 2016 and Central over EC in 2018).  Yes, long bus rides are bad and I think they are worth a TD for the home team but it does not mean certain defeat like you say!

18 hours ago, troyfan said:

AVD, just go away!  Quit following me around the GID and taking snip-its

Listen Stalker!  You're the weirdo that injected himself into mine and K9's back and forth so don't act like you're untouchable, if you want slam me for something you know nothing about then you're fair game, buttercup!  If you don't want me coming back at you then quit commenting on my posts!    

18 hours ago, tango said:

That will certainly be a match-up to watch.  IMO, our ability to stop (or maybe just slow down) the Mooresville run game will be the deciding factor in this game.

Mooresville is very talented and so is Memorial so I won't be surprised whoever wins.  If EC doesn't give up that cheap TD at the end of the 1st half it's a whole new ballgame.  EC's pass defense was ultimately their downfall vs Mooresville but I think EC's d-line is better than Memorials and I think Mooresville will pound the ball and wear out Memorials D which will be the difference in the game.

12 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

The last 3 Regionals that I have watched the road team has won (EC over Reitz in 2016 and Central over EC in 2018).  Yes, long bus rides are bad and I think they are worth a TD for the home team but it does not mean certain defeat like you say!

November 12, 2016

November 10, 2018

What do those two dates have in common? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

November 12, 2016

November 10, 2018

Yes, I know they were both Saturday games...  November 10th 2017 was a Friday but Central had the day off of school that day and traveled to EC and got smoked!   All I'm saying is the home team doesn't always win.  You're also looking at 4+ hour drive between EC and Evansville compared to a 2.5 hour drive between Mooresville and Memorial.

5 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

Yes, I know they were both Saturday games...  November 10th 2017 was a Friday but Central had the day off of school that day and traveled to EC and got smoked!   All I'm saying is the home team doesn't always win.  You're also looking at 4+ hour drive between EC and Evansville compared to a 2.5 hour drive between Mooresville and Memorial.

So on Friday the home team won and Saturdays the road team won? Ok. 

I agree with you on Mooresville though. It’s a much different thing than EC. For as much as Evansville wants to consider it ‘an Indy area school’ my family in Indy and Carmel would beg to differ. Mooresville might as well be Kentucky to them. 

I think 3 hours is about the cutoff. Straight down I-69 for 2.5 hours should be doable on a Friday.

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

November 12, 2016

November 10, 2018

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Makes a difference......from bitter experience.

Mooresville to Evansville Bosse Enlow Field is about 2 hrs 25 min. Which is a little shorter than Chatard traveling there (about 3 hrs) and much shorter than East Central almost 4 hrs. 

Nov 11 2016 was a Friday and Monrovia traveled to the Reitz Bowl to play Mater Dei (a 2 hr 30 min drive) and beat Mater Dei 35-28. Game time is 7:30pm EST (6:30 pm CST). If the Pioneers leave at say Noon should be more than enough time to get there and do all your normal pre-game routine.

• Like 1

I dont post much on here only been on here since August.  I have a kid that plays for Mooresville. I have never told him about this forum cause his job is to get ready to play and not read much into what is being said . Needless to say we were sitting at dinner lastnight and all of us were talking he looks at me and said dad have you ever heard of the football digest . Me yeah the indiana gridiron digest  why? He chuckles and said him and some teammates were reading some of the post and said by the looks of it we r down 7 when we get off the bus and nobody has won on a Friday night at  this Enlow stadium. All I said was be the first. Thought it was funny how even players get on here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Art VanDelay said:

Listen Stalker!  You're the weirdo that injected himself into mine and K9's back and forth so don't act like you're untouchable, if you want slam me for something you know nothing about then you're fair game, buttercup!  If you don't want me coming back at you then quit commenting on my posts!    

Alright...so lets get this straight.   You injected yourself into an EIAC thread with ridiculous comments and post attacking another EIAC team....that makes you fair game!  Then you lay down some silly comical threat about getting on your bad side? So Chris Morgan...it is you who initiated the angry-man comments and it is you who continues this behavior. I'm happy to walk away....But, that's up to you!

Long bus rides clouds the mind, may be worth a TD...but "could be" the contributing factor of a loss.  When two teams are evenly matched...the "could be" can become "more likely". My earlier comment  in this thread was a joking analogy to someone else's post...."certain defeat" was never part of the discussion.  However, implying someone is ignorant when the facts clearly support the effects of the topic, was not warranted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mopi11 said:

I dont post much on here only been on here since August.  I have a kid that plays for Mooresville. I have never told him about this forum cause his job is to get ready to play and not read much into what is being said . Needless to say we were sitting at dinner lastnight and all of us were talking he looks at me and said dad have you ever heard of the football digest . Me yeah the indiana gridiron digest  why? He chuckles and said him and some teammates were reading some of the post and said by the looks of it we r down 7 when we get off the bus and nobody has won on a Friday night at  this Enlow stadium. All I said was be the first. Thought it was funny how even players get on here.

Great advise M11..."be the first"

Hopefully your team will depart early in the day to have time to knock off the cob-webs before game prep.

• Like 1