Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Regional Championship: 4#8Mooresville @ 4#3Memorial

On 11/13/2019 at 11:44 PM, tango said:

Actually, I would say better from top to bottom than last year.  Last year it was just Memorial and Central for the most part.  This year Memorial, Central, Mater Dei & Castle were the top 4, then North & Reitz.  Bosse was better.  Harrison was the only guaranteed win IMO.  Mooresville is bigger than anyone in SIAC.  They are also athletic.   Central is probably more explosive than Mooresville, but they aren't as big. 

Without Reitz and Castle taking a hiatus for softer sports, the SIAC is a shadow in football of what it once was. Yes it is good to see Central restored but I'm not sure how long that will last. Perhaps the injection of new blood will help. 

• Kill me now 1

28 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Without Reitz and Castle taking a hiatus for softer sports, the SIAC is a shadow in football of what it once was. Yes it is good to see Central restored but I'm not sure how long that will last. Perhaps the injection of new blood will help. 

And had 2 teams at Lucas Oil last year?  Pretty good shadow.  With Memorial in 4A half the conference is fighting in 1 sectional.  Same as how the 3 good PAC schools are all in same 3A Sectional.  

2 minutes ago, tango said:

And had 2 teams at Lucas Oil last year?  Pretty good shadow.  With Memorial in 4A half the conference is fighting in 1 sectional.  Same as how the 3 good PAC schools are all in same 3A Sectional.  

You still need that 4A/5A presence that Reitz and Castle historically privode 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tango said:

So @tango do you see this as a game with several points on the board, or do you see it more as a lower scoring game with defense taking control?

That shadow would still dominate pac teams. What a stupid comment hh04. Be glad we aren’t in 32 or the pac teams would be watching EM vs Lburg tonight. How can a fan talk about a conference when they play in a conference where sos hovers around the 200’s and above. Castle finished where they normally do and Reitz had a down year.  North was better and MD, EC and EM are really good teams. 

Edited by Screagle

33 minutes ago, Screagle said:

That shadow would still dominate pac teams. What a stupid comment hh04. Be glad we aren’t in 32 or the pac teams would be watching EM vs Lburg tonight. How can a fan talk about a conference when they play in a conference where sos hovers around the 200’s and above. Castle finished where they normally do and Reitz had a down year.  North was better and MD, EC and EM are really good teams. 

No one is arguing the PAC is better or the Big 8 is better than the SIAC. I just don't just don't see how anyone can say the SIAC is better overall than it was 10 years ago in football. I'd love to run the Sagarin ratings as a comparison. 

Slap in face to teams at the top or that won the SIAC. Conference was better than last year and more competitive than I can recall in recent years. I’m not sure any outside of siac realize how good North was this year and how difficult even a bad Reitz team is to beat. 

24 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

No one is arguing the PAC is better or the Big 8 is better than the SIAC. I just don't just don't see how anyone can say the SIAC is better overall than it was 10 years ago in football. I'd love to run the Sagarin ratings as a comparison. 

LOL. PAC is AWFUL! Get out of here! 

Anyways back to what matters! GAME DAY #FTF !!!! Safe travels to all Mooresville fans! This should be a good one!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

I guess that means MD is probably pretty happy that SR went up due to the success factor??? Let’s not start the SIAC vs PAC thing till offseason when we’re all really bored, come on. 

What Chris is simply saying is that when Reitz/Castle are good/strong- it makes the conference that much better. With them being a bit down...kinda takes the “sting” outta the conference a bit. 

Which ive always wondered but never really asked...why in the world is Castle not better than they are?? Good lord- you’d think with that enrollment and socioeconomic set up they’d freakin roll??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I get what you're saying in regards to Reitz and Castle.  Maybe you don't have that one dominant big school team in it this year but in my opinion there were a lot more chances to actually lose a game this year.  There have been years when Bosse, Harrison, North and Central were not very good.  This year it was Harrison and maybe Bosse to a lesser extent.  Reitz found themselves a bit the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season so they were not a terrible team either.  Also, when you play that many solid teams I think there's a greater chance of injury.

5 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Castle is always 4-3 or 5-2.  It’s puzzling imo. Should roll siac most years. Kinda gives you an idea how good SIAC was this year. 

Castle cares more about their band than their football team.  Still a tough place to play for teams that want to pass with the ridiculous crown on their field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Every time you open your mouth I wonder how anyone could be so stupid and live so long.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

You still need that 4A/5A presence that Reitz and Castle historically privode 

Castle has played for 2 regionals and a semi state title over last 5 years. Went to Bloomington North and won before losing to BS in sectional championship. I’d say they are doing ok. Just can’t seem to get over the 4-3 hump most years in SIAC. 

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Every time you open your mouth I wonder how anyone could be so stupid and live so long.

Pot meet kettle 

1 minute ago, Tiger391 said:

Just be happy if EM wins tonight we are in 4A another 3 years..... 

LOL....why would I be happy...Hart is 3 and 3 vs EM in post-season.  There isn't a Titan alive that wants you guys to stay in 4A.  That said, my opinion is quite clear on this board in regards to P&Ps.  So for me it is hard to decide to cheer for you or against you LOL.  Always want area teams to win.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

LOL....why would I be happy...Hart is 3 and 3 vs EM in post-season.  There isn't a Titan alive that wants you guys to stay in 4A.  That said, my opinion is quite clear on this board in regards to P&Ps.  So for me it is hard to decide to cheer for you or against you LOL.  Always want area teams to win.

Anyways memorial plays for a regional title in 4A at 6:30 if you are interested. Tango making chicken noodle soup with a SPLASH of tiger sauce #FTF 

15 minutes ago, Tiger391 said:

Anyways memorial plays for a regional title in 4A at 6:30 if you are interested. Tango making chicken noodle soup with a SPLASH of tiger sauce #FTF 

North of the stadium in the neighborhood off college highway?  Tango and I go way back!

51 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Tonight will be the test.   

Memorial wins,  siac up.

Memorial loses, siac down.

This isn't rocket science! 

LOL

Not sure. I only know EM is playing in 4th straight regional game and still alive for 3 straight trips to LOS.  I think your Pats will be there this year.

IB if my team got their a$$ busted 4 straight years on their home field I’d find something better to do than troll GID 4A. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

I just don't just don't see how anyone can say the SIAC is better overall than it was 10 years ago in football. I'd love to run the Sagarin ratings as a comparison. 

10 years ago the SIAC sent 2 teams to LOS.  Same as last year.  Only difference is in 2009 it was Reitz instead of Central.  

4 hours ago, Tiger391 said:

LOL. PAC is AWFUL! Get out of here! 

Anyways back to what matters! GAME DAY #FTF !!!! Safe travels to all Mooresville fans! This should be a good one!!!!

CURRENTLY- SIAC top to bottom is arguably a top 5 conference in the state. 

1 and 2 respectively- MIC and HCC are the elite of the state

#3 Summit conference in Ft. Wayne 

I would have to put SIAC and Mid-State pretty comparable..although top to bottom Mid-State POSSIBLY has more talent due to the size of schools compared to SIAC. Hoosier Hills and CI are both right there as well. 

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Thanks 1