Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3a South Regional: Danville at Vincennes Lincoln

Danville (7-5) at Vincennes Lincoln (8-4)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Inman Field.
COACHES: K.C. Woods, 36-14 in 4th year at Danville. Levi Salters, 25-9 in 3rd year at Vincennes.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Danville, 62.26, 82nd overall, 13th in 3A. Vincennes, 43.48, 159th overall, 33rd in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Danville defeated Indianapolis Ritter, 34-17. Vincennes defeated Princeton, 34-21.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Danville 71-59. Vincennes 53-65.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Danville, 31-17.

First ever meeting between these teams. Other than briefly watching some film of their game at Tri West two weeks ago, I know very little about the Warriors. Seems they’re pretty similar offensively to Lincoln, primarily sticking to a Spread. #6 RB/DB Schubert stood out to me as a force on both sides of the ball, and he had a monster game on the stat sheet against Ritter. They run what looks to be a 3-5 defense which is close to what Lincoln saw Friday at Princeton.  

And obviously, I’m aware they’re an established program with a lot of recent success. It’s a tall order for the Alices for sure. Lincoln absolutely cannot repeat last Friday’s first half if they hope to have a shot at victory. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bulldoggit said:

Inman field 11/13/19.......................Coaches and volunteers@ Snow removal.org

Inman field 11-13-19.jpg

The field was looking pretty good this afternoon. Scraping that top layer off really helped the thawing process. 

Now to wait and see if it dries out any..

No question the IHSAA hit the bong before drawing the 3A alignment down here, but VL took advantage of the opportunity.  GS had its shot and didn’t finish.  Southridge was up against a tough challenge and can thank the Success Factor.   It’s tough to move up a class and win a Sectional.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

It wasn’t only in drawing up Sectionals South of the Line of Disrespect that they were hitting the bong.....

I personally don’t think they were hitting the bong on this one. I think they knew exactly what they were doing. If you don’t have the data to back up a all in tournament, adjust it so you will. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Titan Pride said:

I personally don’t think they were hitting the bong on this one. I think they knew exactly what they were doing. If you don’t have the data to back up a all in tournament, adjust it so you will. 

I was sugar coating.  I can’t imagine Sectional 32 was the result of a bong hit either....whatever a bong hit is.....sounds like it might hurt, though.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

I was sugar coating.  I can’t imagine Sectional 32 was the result of a bong hit either....whatever a bong hit is.....sounds like it might hurt, though.

C’mon!  You expect me to believe that?  LOL.  

Just now, tango said:

C’mon!  You expect me to believe that?  LOL.  

Is it like getting high on the pot?  

I tried it once, told you guys a few years ago I didn’t much care for it.

I stood on that toilet lid for hours and all I got was dizzy and leg cramps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Is it like getting high on the pot?  

I tried it once, told you guys a few years ago I didn’t much care for it.

I stood on that toilet lid for hours and all I got was dizzy and leg cramps.

Confucius say ... He who stand on toilet, high on pot.

Edited by eschnur66
typo
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tango said:

No question the IHSAA hit the bong before drawing the 3A alignment down here, but VL took advantage of the opportunity.  GS had its shot and didn’t finish.  Southridge was up against a tough challenge and can thank the Success Factor.   It’s tough to move up a class and win a Sectional.  

With VL moving to the SIAC next year this sectional alignment could really help them build on an already good program. They could take a few on the chin in the regular season then make a playoff run a regular occurrence. 

• Like 2

I understand the grievances of those in Sectional 32. I’ll admit, it’s validated. 

But I really don’t see what this has to do with VL. Lincoln being placed in Sectional 30 makes just as much sense as if they had remained in 32. An hour and a half drive up to Nashville, or down to Lincoln City. An hour drive up to Spencer, or down to Huntingburg...Vincennes is just right in no mans land. I-69 has changed things and I’m sure it played a part in the new alignment. 

4 hours ago, tango said:

Preaching to the Choir LOL!  

To start my recap..I just gotta say that it was so good to have regional football back at Inman Field. It was a full house on both sides..tailgates like I hadn’t seen all season..former players that I haven’t seen in so long. For a program that’s been fighting to get back to respectability, it was a big night for Lincoln football. 

The Alices shot out of a cannon, scoring on their first two drives. Rae Haislip picked up where he left off a week ago and Danville had no answer for him early. 14-7 Lincoln end of 1st.

Danville scores the only pts in the 2nd quarter, botched snap on PAT. Both defenses tighten up.  14-13 Lincoln at the half.

The 3rd quarter started well for the Alices, forcing Danville’s RB Schubert to fumble close to the goal line. But that’s where their good fortune ended. They would give it back on an interception in Danville territory. The Lincoln defense would hold, but 2 more TO’s deep in their own territory resulted in short-field TD’s for the Warriors...and that’s all it took. That’s how you lose at this stage of the tournament..

So really a one score game for about three and a half quarters when Danville broke it open off a second INT.

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

Another note: Danville Sophomore QB Payne was really good tonight. Give credit where it is due. You could tell the Alices had game planned to contain Schubert and the running game and they were largely successful at that. Payne made them pay with accuracy that he hadn’t really shown on film. 

Overall, it was a good showing by the men in green. Experience at this level of post-season play matters. And Lincoln took it to a team that has had plenty of recent tournament success. Lots to be excited about for a Vincennes team that only graduates 9 seniors. 

Good luck to the Warriors next week! 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 2