Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A Regional - Bishop Chatard at Concordia

Bishop Chatard 11-1 (Sagarin No. 1 in 3A/Sagarin No.4 All Classes with a 98.17 Strength Rating)

Concordia Lutheran 7-5  (Sagarin No. 7 in 3A/Sagarin No. 66 All Classes with a 67.92 Strength Rating)

Date:  Nov. 15

Time:  7:00 PM CST

Thats all I got.  Have at it.

31 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Bishop Chatard 11-1 (Sagarin No. 1 in 3A/Sagarin No.4 All Classes with a 98.17 Strength Rating)

Concordia Lutheran 7-5  (Sagarin No. 7 in 3A/Sagarin No. 66 All Classes with a 67.92 Strength Rating)

Date:  Nov. 15

Time:  7:00 PM CST

Thats all I got.  Have at it.

What are the options on the fields?

4 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

What are the options on the fields?

Dunno.  I’ve only been to one field in Ft Wayne (Chatard v. Dwenger in 2012) think it was “Zollner”(sp?)?

Been to Homestead a few times for other sports.  Nice facility.  That’s about all I know of Ft. Wayne area facilities.

Any recommendation for good eats pregame?   It’s been a few years but I ate at a great place downtown called “Club Soda”.  Might be too nice for some of the rowdies I may have tagging along, though (if it’s still around).

I’m trying to get my priorities straight.

10 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Any recommendation for good eats pregame?   It’s been a few years but I ate at a great place downtown called “Club Soda”.  Might be too nice for some of the rowdies I may have tagging along, though (if it’s still around).

I’m trying to get my priorities straight.

Mitchell's Sports Bar & Grill...................... amazing food! Off 24 and about 20 minutes from the stadium.

BJ's Brewhouse.............off Coliseum.  6-7 minutes from stadium. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

Great pregame dinner option is The Acme Bar & Grill on East State St., minutes from Concordia.  Smoked wings are terrific, and they have the best breaded tenderloin in the state.

All the above suggested options sound good (Thanks guys) but, honestly, if I can get great breaded tenderloin AND a bowl of good chili then I’m probably sold.  So how’s the chili at the Acme?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lysander said:

All the above suggested options sound good (Thanks guys) but, honestly, if I can get great breaded tenderloin AND a bowl of good chili then I’m probably sold.  So how’s the chili at the Acme?

Go to Big Eyed Fish. Three locations. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kdets89 said:

Great pregame dinner option is The Acme Bar & Grill on East State St., minutes from Concordia.  Smoked wings are terrific, and they have the best breaded tenderloin in the state.

Have you had the tenderloin at Mitchell's? I'll try one at the Acme and let you know. 

19 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I may have to put this up for a car vote on the way.  Either way, I am appreciative of all the recommendations.

You're coming a long way. I hope the Cadets don't mercy rule you guys after two quarters. 

Just now, BTF said:

You're coming a long way. I hope the Cadets don't mercy rule you guys after two quarters. 

I expect a good game.

BTW, that 2016 Concordia team was a monster and doesn’t get enough credit historically.  It embarrassed a lot of quality 3A teams.

19 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Appreciate all the food suggestions - going up early as I have not been to Ft. Wayne in quite some time. Any insight on the field and the seating capacity? Grass/Turf? Plentiful seating capacity?

Field is grass, and historically would be pretty torn up by this time of year.  I doubt that Dwenger playing at their own place has made much difference, as the junior high teams still use it during the weekend.

Seating should not be an issue.  Plenty of capacity on both sides, with visitors in the east bleachers.

16 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I expect a good game.

BTW, that 2016 Concordia team was a monster and doesn’t get enough credit historically.  It embarrassed a lot of quality 3A teams.

I can remember a time when they were the punching bag of the SAC. That seemed to turn around somewhere around 2000. They've had some pretty competitive teams since then. It was nice to see them get it done in 2016. 

Being part of the SAC, they are used to being the underdog. They will come out Friday night and give Chatard their best shot. 

I'm debating whether to take a drive down the street to see if Concordia can pull off the upset or make the 25 minute drive south to see how the SAC stacks up against Indy. Dwenger has a monster of a game in Lafayette. I can't remember when the SAC didn't at least have one team playing at semi-state. I'm hoping this isn't that year. 

42 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Appreciate all the food suggestions - going up early as I have not been to Ft. Wayne in quite some time. Any insight on the field and the seating capacity? Grass/Turf? Plentiful seating capacity?

It is grass and the home side seats 2,000, visitors seats 2,500. When Dwenger played there I always wished it had turf over grass. Thought it would be the best stadium in the area..