Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

There was a time....

2 hours ago, Robert said:

where I'd never miss a game.  Now, thinking about staying home and watching youtube on the TV on Friday.  What's wrong with me?

Watching a football game on a 55" tv, in the comfort of your family room, with the fireplace on and a pizza sitting on the end table? Nothing is wrong with you Bob. I'm guilty as well. It's hurting attendance in a big way. Does the athletic department of the school who's game is being streamed get any kind of a cut from the website that is streaming it? 

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

Watching a football game on a 55" tv, in the comfort of your family room, with the fireplace on and a pizza sitting on the end table? Nothing is wrong with you Bob. I'm guilty as well. It's hurting attendance in a big way. Does the athletic department of the school who's game is being streamed get any kind of a cut from the website that is streaming it? 

This week will probably be Concordia, Dwenger, and Homestead.  Not sure if RIver Bend Pizza, Lexy's Grinders, or Mama Mia's. 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

Western Boone's is done by all students for grades through the radio and TV class

I stay home and watch The Berne Witness nowadays. I do miss going to games for the atmosphere of a close game. My feeling is waiting a few years until either one of my much younger cousins or my closer in age cousins' kids and my step kids and kids are involved. Sometimes my parents come over and watch with us or vice versa. Like mentioned, not going out in the adverse weather, no waiting in line for concessions, and using your own facilities is much nicer.

Three games all at once last week.  

Peru v Concordia on the radio  WARU Peru  101.9    Concordia so much better than a young Peru team.  6 wins after an 0-10 season last year....pretty nice turnaround for the young Peru Tigers, Coach Saint Louis and his staff.   Only 5 seniors.  

Mishawaka v Elkhart Central  on Google Play speaker  WSBT AM 960 South Bend  The alma mater did well holding off a tough Elkhart Central Squad.  How good is Elkhart High School going to be when they combine??....     Athletes from Memorial  +   Athletes from Central = Lots of Athletes!

Warsaw v Penn    on phone app NewsNow Radio  Warsaw 1480 AM     Was very intrigued by this game.  Wondered how the Warsaw running game was going to match up with Penn D.  Guess it did pretty well.  

Of course the Wife was not home Friday night as this type of entertainment ( 3 different games)  would have made her throw things. One is fine...three is not so fine.  

Good luck to all teams this week.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

This week will probably be Concordia, Dwenger, and Homestead.  Not sure if RIver Bend Pizza, Lexy's Grinders, or Mama Mia's. 

River Bend huh? Wow Robert, I think we might have something in common!

It's impossible for the players to hear your cheers when you're lounging in your lazy-boy.🤨

I've seen every game this year and I've been watching Cathedral football since 1953.   So you can see I'm quite old.   A bit of cold would never stop me from being there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember coaching when there were no playoffs.  Been going to playoff games since the start of our playoff system.  Greensburg last week.  Probably Harrison this week.  It's cold but worth it.  It's Indiana High School Football.  I love it!!! Don't care who the teams are just love it.  Good luck to Cass and LCC this week.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Robert said:

where I'd never miss a game.  Now, thinking about staying home and watching youtube on the TV on Friday.  What's wrong with me?

You’re normal.  I love this game and not once have considered going downtown to LOS on Thanksgiving weekend over the past decade (and that’s a climate controlled environment).

Why when I can watch all six games on TV and not have to worry about the hassle of parking, etc...

You can watch on tv, but the atmosphere in person is a wonderful feeling...

I think of it as when I travel to watch the Colts out of state and the weather is cold. 

2 pairs of socks

1 pair of shorts

2 pairs of pants (1 fleece)

1 t-shirt

1 sweatshirt

1 hoodie

jersey over the top

Two weeks ago in Pittsburgh I was actually commenting to my son how I was warm.

Just prepare yourself and you’ll be fine.  Watching TV 40 or any of those streaming services is a total snooze fest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I think of it as when I travel to watch the Colts out of state and the weather is cold. 

2 pairs of socks

1 pair of shorts

1 t-shirt

1 sweatshirt

1 hoodie

jersey over the top

Just prepare yourself and you’ll be fine.  Watching TV 40 or any of those streaming services is a total snooze fest.

Disagree in my LOS example.  Stale.  70,000 seat stadium.  

Regular season/tournament contests?  I agree.

For me...I enjoy watching several live streaming games at the same time with a slice of pizza and Woodford (or Eagle Rare) on the rocks. Not saying it's the same feel or excitement as being field-side but life's about trade-offs.  I still go to several games....but when I don't....I watch online and have Bourbon and Pizza!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Disagree in my LOS example.  Stale.  70,000 seat stadium.  

Regular season/tournament contests?  I agree.

Depends on the company.  I take my boys with me to LOS when LCC plays on Thanksgiving weekend and that makes all the difference to me.  At the point that they aren't excited about going, my excitement might drop off, but for now my boys sitting next to me watching a game in person still makes it a special event whether regular season or tournament.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Temptation said:

You’re normal.  I love this game and not once have considered going downtown to LOS on Thanksgiving weekend over the past decade (and that’s a climate controlled environment).

Why when I can watch all six games on TV and not have to worry about the hassle of parking, etc...

Never been to LOS on Thanksgiving weekend. Would have been cool to watch my youth league teammates win the title for Bellmont, but had family gatherings. Plus I don't want to go unless one of the few local teams make it (may not if South Adams makes it this year but would like to see it). Definitely will go if the alma mater (Adams Central) makes it. I guess in short I only go if one of the few teams earns a spot.  

20 hours ago, Warren05 said:

I am in the same boat. I can stay home and watch multiple game at once and not freeze my butt off. I have not been to a game since week 3 of the this year after I left the Monrovia program. 

I'll be at Warren this friday though

Ummm.  Did anybody ask...?

20 hours ago, BTF said:

River Bend huh? Wow Robert, I think we might have something in common!

Yes, I think that is my favorite pizza around.  I like to have the pepperoni, the old way.    Love me some Greek pizza. 

6 hours ago, Temptation said:

I almost always go to LOS.  That, I really do enjoy.  

5 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

2 pairs of socks

1 pair of shorts

1 t-shirt

1 sweatshirt

1 hoodie

jersey over the top

You do have to dress in layers.  I wear a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a hoodie and a coat for my upper being and I wear heavy sweat pants & heavy jeans, hot socks covered by hunting socks on my lower body, and I have what is called a hot seat.  I'm quite toasty at the games.

22 hours ago, Warren05 said:

I am in the same boat. I can stay home and watch multiple game at once and not freeze my butt off. I have not been to a game since week 3 of the this year after I left the Monrovia program. 

I'll be at Warren this friday though

Be sure you get there early so you can pick your seat!