Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Regional: East Noble at Mississinewa

The Knights were finally tested last week against Leo and the Indians have a couple of great sectional wins over Delta and Marion.

East Noble (12-0) at Mississinewa (11-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Fisher Field.
COACHES: Luke Amstutz, 68-20 in 8th year at East Noble, 94-35 in 12th year overall. Curt Funk, 77-35 in 10th year at Mississinewa.
SAGARIN RATINGS: East Noble, 82.5, 25th overall, 2nd in 4A. Mississinewa, 72.18, 56th overall, 10th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: East Noble defeated Leo, 14-7. Mississinewa defeated Marion, 31-28.
VS. COMMON FOES: East Noble 2-0; Mississinewa 2-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: East Noble 75-57. Mississinewa 61-70.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: East Noble, 35-21.

I do not know much about Mississinewa so hopefully some of their fans can give some insight. 

The Indians will need to find a way to slow down the offense and Bailey Parker like Leo was able to do most of the game on Friday.

I'll take EN 28-14

Ole Miss is really big upfront, and have to really quick and shifty backs. Haven't had to throw the ball much this year because of how good those backs are. Was very surprised Ole Miss beat Marion last week, with that being said Im gonna take the Indians playing with a lot of confidence 34-28

54 minutes ago, panther10 said:

Ole Miss is really big upfront, and have to really quick and shifty backs. Haven't had to throw the ball much this year because of how good those backs are. Was very surprised Ole Miss beat Marion last week, with that being said Im gonna take the Indians playing with a lot of confidence 34-28

EN will lose, mark my words.

2 hours ago, panther10 said:

That is similar to what Leo changed their offense to. Three quick but powerful running backs and just ate up the clock. I believe EN only ran 14 plays the first half. Is Mississinewa's defense good enough to slow down EN's offense?

12 minutes ago, Prospect said:

That is similar to what Leo changed their offense to. Three quick but powerful running backs and just ate up the clock. I believe EN only ran 14 plays the first half. Is Mississinewa's defense good enough to slow down EN's offense?

I dont think so, it will be a high scoring game but Ole Miss offense is good enough to keep up with EN. Does EN play a lot of guys both ways?

36 minutes ago, panther10 said:

I dont think so, it will be a high scoring game but Ole Miss offense is good enough to keep up with EN. Does EN play a lot of guys both ways?

The three key players who go both ways for EN are #1 Bailey Parker, #17 Gage Ernsberger and #11 Hayden Jones - all three are great athletes who make plays on both sides of the ball.

They will want to make the Indians pass the ball because that is where the three players mentioned above can shine. The D-line for EN will need to show up this week by the sound of it.

Should be a great football game on Friday.

25 minutes ago, Prospect said:

The three key players who go both ways for EN are #1 Bailey Parker, #17 Gage Ernsberger and #11 Hayden Jones - all three are great athletes who make plays on both sides of the ball.

They will want to make the Indians pass the ball because that is where the three players mentioned above can shine. The D-line for EN will need to show up this week by the sound of it.

Should be a great football game on Friday.

The D-Line will definitely have to show up. If they can make Ole Miss throw the ball i think they have a better chance, but that's easier said than done. Should be a great game, would love to go watch but i will be supporting the Eastbrook Panthers as they take on Eastside.  

• Like 1

Do not know much about East Noble but looking at their schedule it appears that the defense has improved a lot since the first 3 games of the season.  In the first 3 games they gave up a combined 80 points and the remaining games including Sectional games gave up 78.  They scored the fewest points in a game last week in the rematch with Leo.  They are ranked #1 or #2 depending on the poll and have been there almost the entire season.

Common opponents between the 2 are Huntington North and New Haven.  Mississinewa played New Haven in week 2 of the season and Huntington North in the 2nd round of the sectional.  HN and NH are on the regular season schedule of East Noble.  

Mississinewa has given up 124 points on the season.  They held Delta to a season low in points.  Delta was one of the favorites to win State according the Sagarin rankings.  They also beat Marion last week.  In these 2 games Mississinewa had 1 running back rush for over 500 yards combined.  Over 300 against Marion and he didn't score a point.  Mississinewa is very deep and talented at running back.  They can go with a set of fast running backs or come at you with power backs that also have speed.  Upfront they have 3 or 4 pushing or over 300lbs that are strong and quick off the line.  Their backups are just as big, strong, and quick.  Because of playing several games under a continuous clock they were able to play their JV and Freshman players against the opponents first string Varsity units a lot this year.  Several of the points allowed were allowed by the JV and Freshman units not the Varsity unit.  This Senior class played in the regional round as Sophomore's but in the South part of the tournament where they traveled to Greenwood and just barely lost.  I think 7 or 8 of these Senior's started as Sophomore's.  They are experienced across the board. They held Marion's JK Thomas in check and he was not a factor in the game.  Mississinewa's offense if very complex and they can run multiple plays out of each set.  A few years ago it was estimated by one of the coach's that they had over 150 different plays that they could run out of their different sets.  The QB by committee has been working this year and last week introduced a Wildcat offense.  Marion's defense was in the top 5 in yards allowed and Mississinewa put up just at or over 500 yards, and only around 30 were passing.  Mississnewa not only beat Delta and Marion but also Pendleton Heights another sectional finalist.   Mississinewa has scrimmaged against Brownsburg, Avon, Warren Central, Cathedral, and other 5A and 6A schools.  This is all paying off for them.  The kicker has a season long for around 42 yards and is 5 of 6 on the season on field goal attempts.

The snowplows are ready to clear the turf field at Mississinewa so the game will take place.  The cannon is in the backyard of a neighbor but not sure if it will be fired or not as it is not on school property.  This is going to be a very good game.  

Looking at the common opponents and points allowed, I don't think East Noble will have the defense to keep all of Mississinewa's running backs contained.  I would have never thought that the 1 back would rush for over 500 yards combined against Marion and Delta.  This will not be a high scoring game but it could very well be if turnovers occur.  Turnovers will be key in this game.  The team with the fewest turnovers should win.  In the end Mississinewa pulls out the win even if it is on another field goal like they did against Marion.  

For those that can not make it you can watch on TribeTV, which is Mississinewa's student ran media outlet.  They have a youtube channel and a facebook page where you can find the link.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

For those that can not make it you can watch on TribeTV, which is Mississinewa's student ran media outlet.  They have a youtube channel and a facebook page where you can find the link.

I get that it's student ran, but they need one more student to run the camera... I watched it last week and it was rough.  Appreciate the effort, but watching an empty field during crunch time was frustrating.  So if you do watch the telecast, be prepared and don't have any objects close to you that could break your TV....

31 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

I get that it's student ran, but they need one more student to run the camera... I watched it last week and it was rough.  Appreciate the effort, but watching an empty field during crunch time was frustrating.  So if you do watch the telecast, be prepared and don't have any objects close to you that could break your TV....

Great advice! Imagine being 15-18 yrs old, watching that game trying to keep it all together... Im extremely grateful for the program, but was yelling at my TV for sure, haha. 

10 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Do not know much about East Noble but looking at their schedule it appears that the defense has improved a lot since the first 3 games of the season.  In the first 3 games they gave up a combined 80 points and the remaining games including Sectional games gave up 78.  They scored the fewest points in a game last week in the rematch with Leo.  They are ranked #1 or #2 depending on the poll and have been there almost the entire season.

Common opponents between the 2 are Huntington North and New Haven.  Mississinewa played New Haven in week 2 of the season and Huntington North in the 2nd round of the sectional.  HN and NH are on the regular season schedule of East Noble.  

Mississinewa has given up 124 points on the season.  They held Delta to a season low in points.  Delta was one of the favorites to win State according the Sagarin rankings.  They also beat Marion last week.  In these 2 games Mississinewa had 1 running back rush for over 500 yards combined.  Over 300 against Marion and he didn't score a point.  Mississinewa is very deep and talented at running back.  They can go with a set of fast running backs or come at you with power backs that also have speed.  Upfront they have 3 or 4 pushing or over 300lbs that are strong and quick off the line.  Their backups are just as big, strong, and quick.  Because of playing several games under a continuous clock they were able to play their JV and Freshman players against the opponents first string Varsity units a lot this year.  Several of the points allowed were allowed by the JV and Freshman units not the Varsity unit.  This Senior class played in the regional round as Sophomore's but in the South part of the tournament where they traveled to Greenwood and just barely lost.  I think 7 or 8 of these Senior's started as Sophomore's.  They are experienced across the board. They held Marion's JK Thomas in check and he was not a factor in the game.  Mississinewa's offense if very complex and they can run multiple plays out of each set.  A few years ago it was estimated by one of the coach's that they had over 150 different plays that they could run out of their different sets.  The QB by committee has been working this year and last week introduced a Wildcat offense.  Marion's defense was in the top 5 in yards allowed and Mississinewa put up just at or over 500 yards, and only around 30 were passing.  Mississnewa not only beat Delta and Marion but also Pendleton Heights another sectional finalist.   Mississinewa has scrimmaged against Brownsburg, Avon, Warren Central, Cathedral, and other 5A and 6A schools.  This is all paying off for them.  The kicker has a season long for around 42 yards and is 5 of 6 on the season on field goal attempts.

The snowplows are ready to clear the turf field at Mississinewa so the game will take place.  The cannon is in the backyard of a neighbor but not sure if it will be fired or not as it is not on school property.  This is going to be a very good game.  

Looking at the common opponents and points allowed, I don't think East Noble will have the defense to keep all of Mississinewa's running backs contained.  I would have never thought that the 1 back would rush for over 500 yards combined against Marion and Delta.  This will not be a high scoring game but it could very well be if turnovers occur.  Turnovers will be key in this game.  The team with the fewest turnovers should win.  In the end Mississinewa pulls out the win even if it is on another field goal like they did against Marion.  

Great assessment, love the detail. EN has done well with teams who run the football. They shutdown Dekalb's running game in both meeting and matched up really well with Mishawaka. I could see this game being similar to the Mishawaka game, I believe EN and Mississinewa scrimmage each other in the summer as well if I am not mistaken.

I think it would be a great thing for the conference if Mississinewa won!  I just don’t think they will this week!  As far as having something against them, I don’t like Mississinewa, never have!  I said earlier on another thread, because I was asked and I said coach Funk should’ve had better success in this little school conference than he has.  How about you just don’t worry about what I think or say!  

• Haha 1

Mississinewa has the #4 offense and Defense in 4A while East Noble have the #8 offense and defense.  Mississinewa has the overall 15th best defense in the State while East Noble is 32nd.  Overall offensively Mississinewa is 23rd while East Noble is 33rd.  Average Margin Mississinewa is 14th overall and 3rd in 4A where East Noble is 28th and 6th.  East Noble has the stronger schedule and plays 2 3A, 1 5A, and remainder are 4A in regular season.  Mississinewa on the other hand plays 2 4A, 1 3A, 1 1A, and remainder are 2A in the regular season.  Game will be played on turf. It will be cold so better bundle up and brings lots of coffee and hot chocolate.

13 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Mississinewa has the #4 offense and Defense in 4A while East Noble have the #8 offense and defense.  Mississinewa has the overall 15th best defense in the State while East Noble is 32nd.  Overall offensively Mississinewa is 23rd while East Noble is 33rd.  Average Margin Mississinewa is 14th overall and 3rd in 4A where East Noble is 28th and 6th.  East Noble has the stronger schedule and plays 2 3A, 1 5A, and remainder are 4A in regular season.  Mississinewa on the other hand plays 2 4A, 1 3A, 1 1A, and remainder are 2A in the regular season.  Game will be played on turf. It will be cold so better bundle up and brings lots of coffee and hot chocolate.

Here you go with your stats and theories again.  How did that work out for your South Adams vs. Madison Grant prediction??  Fact is all of those numbers go out the window Friday night!

• Haha 1