And only 8 teams remain....... 

CLASS 4A [BRACKET]
New Prairie [11-1] at Hobart [10-2]
East Noble [12-0] at Mississinewa [11-1]
Indianapolis Roncalli [7-5] at Mount Vernon (Fortville) [10-2]
Mooresville [10-2] at Evansville Memorial [10-1]

Most difficult class to predict IMO.

9 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Memorial have enough speed to overcome Mooresville size?  Just a comment from looking at the rosters.  Mooresville has a couple of 6'4"-6'6" 285lb guys.

Just an honest observation. If you think Mooresville only has size and no speed you will be very surprised. They play in a conference with Decatur central whom has excellent speed and didbjust fine against them.

2 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Just an honest observation. If you think Mooresville only has size and no speed you will be very surprised. They play in a conference with Decatur central whom has excellent speed and didbjust fine against them.

Yes, seen DC play and they have some jets.   I just think the size differential on paper really stands out.     But that is why the play the game.  Will be interesting to see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Yes, seen DC play and they have some jets.   I just think the size differential on paper really stands out.     But that is why the play the game.  Will be interesting to see how it goes.

I don’t want to come off as I feel they will win. I think it will be a great game! I just think they don’t get credit for their team speed just because of their size.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Memorial have enough speed to overcome Mooresville size?  Just a comment from looking at the rosters.  Mooresville has a couple of 6'4"-6'6" 285lb guys.

Defensively, I would say we have speed in multiple guys, like Combs, Johnson, Brackett to name a few. Offensively we've struggled for the most of the season on RB terms, but we have a couple of guys who could breakout for a long gain. 

4 hours ago, Screagle said:

Daunting task having Memorial with 275 male students compete in 4A football. I know this group of seniors are battled tested. Hopefully playing in 15 post season games over 3 years will help. 

Not a daunting task at all for Memorial to compete in 4A. I say that because they already play 4A and 5A schools during the regular season and in their conference regardless of their enrollment. 4A schools: Jasper, Northview, Ev Reitz, Ev Central, Ev Harrison. 5A schools Ev North and Castle. The only 2 teams on their schedule that aren't 4A or 5A are Ev Bosse 3A and Ev Mater Dei 2A. 

Mooresville also plays teams above their class and enrollment. 5A schools Plainfield, Decatur Central, Franklin, Whiteland, Perry Meridian. This will be a better game than what some may think. It is an advantage for Memorial to be playing at home, tough to beat the Tigers any place let alone at Enlow. Right now Sagarin has Mooresville as a 6 point favorite which is boosted up from what it was last week. The Mooresville win over East Central gave them a larger boost in Sagarin than Ev Memorials victory over Ev Central because East Central was #1 in 4A at the time in the Sagarin ratings. Ultimately Sagarin doesn't matter but it does show that this game will be closer than some may think.

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Semistate:

New Prairie v. East Noble

Roncalli v.Memorial

State:

New Prairie v. Memorial

Champion:

Dunno

This post in not in any way meant to suggest I am taking a win for granted this week bc I'm not.  We will have our hands very full with Mooresville and they look very good.  BUT, if we happen to win this week, my fear is that (much like in 2008 and 2009 against very physical Chatard teams) the physical toll this game will likely take and our lack of depth would make winning the next week a big challenge.  I am pulling for Mt.V so that the game would be at Enlow, at least according to Mr. Harrell. 

3 hours ago, tango said:

I am pulling for Mt.V so that the game would be at Enlow, at least according to Mr. Harrell. 

Let me know if I need to send Uber money to Screagle and some others if the ocean parts and Memorial “somehow” wins (as well as Roncalli).

I’m assuming he will have bet the farm on Mooresville since it’s a sure bet and he’ll no doubt need a lift....and the farm.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/12/2019 at 7:39 AM, FastpacedO said:

Mooresville also plays teams above their class and enrollment. 5A schools Plainfield, Decatur Central, Franklin, Whiteland, Perry Meridian

Perry Meridian is 6A, but I see your point.  In fact, PM was probably the easiest team on their schedule.

Have a soft spot for Mike Gillin at Mooresville and would love to see the Pioneers go all the way.

40 years in the game and has never qualified for a semi state to my knowledge.  Would be pretty cool.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Have a soft spot for Mike Gillin at Mooresville and would love to see the Pioneers go all the way.

40 years in the game and has never qualified for a semi state to my knowledge.  Would be pretty cool.

He actually lost in SemiState in ‘10 while at Indian Creek.  He had a quality team.  My personal opinion is that it was good enough to win at LOS if he had made it past that Semistate game.  

He had some real studs on that team.

13 minutes ago, Lysander said:

He actually lost in SemiState in ‘10 while at Indian Creek.

I remember listening to that game on AM radio in my van in the driveway.  I had attended a Regional game the week before that at Manual High School where my school got beat down, beat down good. Cheering for IC, all in vain. Then I joined the GID.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I remember listening to that game on AM radio in my van in the driveway.  I had attended a Regional game the week before that at Manual High School where my school got beat down, beat down good. Cheering for IC, all in vain. Then I joined the GID.

Definitely remember the HH game the week before.  My home was robbed in the middle of the day THAT day....while my youngest (8th grader) was at home sick (Kid keeps a baseball bat under his bed to this very day).  The following week there was a certain 63 yd TD called back in the Creek game that struck a little close to home as well.  Same kid that “became friendly” with HH’s #13/23(?) the week prior.  It caused a little stir at the time.

Coolest thing, though, about that HH game was talking to Bud Wright and the Sheridan crew in the end zone for about 30 minutes prior to the game.   Class guy.

Edited by Lysander
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

Coolest thing, though, about that HH game was talking to Bud Wright and the Sheridan crew in the end zone for about 30 minutes prior to the game.   Class guy.

Yeah, Bud is classy. Can't say that about some of our players that night though. Or earlier that year. Nothing was ever done to stop them. Problem is gone now, thankfully.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Would be an interesting matchup of coaches between Mike Gillin and New Prairie's Russ Radtke, if it came down to it. 82+ years of combined head coaching experience on the field.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NP89 said:

Would be an interesting matchup of coaches between Mike Gillin and New Prairie's Russ Radtke, if it came down to it. 82+ years of combined head coaching experience on the field.

Picked that matchup in the GID contest mainly for that reason.  Would be a cool sight to see those two legends face off.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Yeah, Bud is classy. Can't say that about some of our players that night though. Or earlier that year. Nothing was ever done to stop them. Problem is gone now, thankfully.

Heh, with regard to the one “situation” I can just about guarantee that my little angel was no angel.  I never really quite knew whether to believe the story I heard from the chain gang until I noticed your guy had a different helmet on the rest of the game.  It was confirmed to me later by a coach.

Still surprised they both didn’t get caught.  

No doubt the Statute of Limitations have run out for that game.  Just a couple of years later there was absolutely no bad blood in that State Championship game between the teams from what I could tell.

Oh well....days gone by....back to 4A.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1