Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ranking the 6A Final 8

At this point, I will just take Sagarin's word for it. It's kind of hard to rank these teams when you haven't seen each one play.

1.   Carmel

2.   Warren Central

3.   Center Grove

4.   Ben Davis

5.   Homestead

6.   Merrillville

7.   Zionsville

8.   Warsaw

46 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Biased, I admit.

1 BD

2 Carmel

3 WC

4 CG

5 Zionsville

6 Merrillville

7 Homestead

8 Warsaw

Winners of 6 out of their last 7, I think BD has as good of a chance as anyone. 

I think you are putting too much stock into what happened to Homestead at Noblesville. 

• Like 1

I'll complicate matters with two rankings:

Overall Body of Work

1.  Ben Davis

2.  Carmel

3.  Warren Central

4.  Center Grove

5.  Homestead

6.  Merrillville

7.  Warsaw

8.  Zionsville

How they are playing RIGHT NOW

1.  Carmel

2.  Center Grove

3.  Ben Davis

4.  Warren Central

5.  Zionsville

6.  Homestead

7.  Merrillville

8.  Warsaw

Struggle to say BD has the most notable body of work. Some great wins and some questionable losses. And their performance last week does not rank as high as others

1. Carmel

2. CG

3. WC

4. BD

5. Homestead

6. Merrilville

7. Z

8. Warsaw

Predicition: WC/CG is a toss up. There will be an upset in one of the other 3 games

49 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I'll complicate matters with two rankings:

Overall Body of Work

1.  Ben Davis

2.  Carmel

3.  Warren Central

4.  Center Grove

5.  Homestead

6.  Merrillville

7.  Warsaw

8.  Zionsville

How they are playing RIGHT NOW

1.  Carmel

2.  Center Grove

3.  Ben Davis

4.  Warren Central

5.  Zionsville

6.  Homestead

7.  Merrillville

8.  Warsaw

I understand that Ben Davis is playing really well right now, but how can you say that their overall body of work makes them #1? They have four losses and two of them were by 21+ points. What am I missing here?

38 minutes ago, BTF said:

I understand that Ben Davis is playing really well right now, but how can you say that their overall body of work makes them #1? They have four losses and two of them were by 21+ points. What am I missing here?

Beat Carmel, beat Warren, beat NC...those were the other three conference co-champions.

Kinda the same reasoning Georgia is going to get another crack at the CFP, after the rankings are revealed tonight.  They have two impressive wins and one embarrassing loss and when looking at the overall body of work, the wins outweigh the loss.

Temptation: Your argument is on point IF you are arguing that they are playing the best right now.    

But BTF and I are commenting on your assessment that their body of work is the best. 5-4 regular season. Not a full season of great work. Beat 2 teams that could reach the final, but 4 losses.

10 minutes ago, Kick4fun said:

Temptation: Your argument is on point IF you are arguing that they are playing the best right now.    

But BTF and I are commenting on your assessment that their body of work is the best. 5-4 regular season. Not a full season of great work. Beat 2 teams that could reach the final, but 4 losses.

Carmel going through HSE and Westfield like it was nothing gave me little pause in placing them at the top RIGHT NOW, though it is splitting hairs.  Its not fair to BD but their path of Perry Meridian and Southport is not exactly murderer's row and I could even see doubters remaining if they win Friday night as it was "just Zionsville."

Hopefully the Eagles put up a good fight and do not fall victim to being "satisfied" the way Brownsburg was when they beat Avon.