Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Regional Round

Eastside @ Eastbrook

East Noble @ Mississinewa

Contrary to the pick 'em page (Eastside pick), this is what I actually want to happen Friday night.

East Noble definitely has played a tougher schedule, one that's full of 4A teams and they beat a very good 5A Mishawaka team who is playing for a 5A regional championship on Friday too.  However, I'm not going against the home team River Rats again!  They'll control time of possession and both sides of the line of scrimmage and win 21-14.

Eastside has beaten several bad teams this year and surprisingly Eastbrook has a tougher SOS.  I don't think this game will be very close and the Panthers will win by 3 TDs at home 28-7.

Good luck CIC representatives and let's have 2 teams at semi-state!

• Like 1

Was talking to the AD at Eastbrook the other day and he said Eastside has almost pre-sold all of their tickets and have requested more. Should be a great atmosphere. They look pretty athletic on film and looks like they like to throw the ball, which is always scary for us Panther fans.

1 hour ago, panther10 said:

Was talking to the AD at Eastbrook the other day and he said Eastside has almost pre-sold all of their tickets and have requested more. Should be a great atmosphere. They look pretty athletic on film and looks like they like to throw the ball, which is always scary for us Panther fans.

Speak for yourself!  I love it when teams throw against this years team!  They get after the quarterback and create turnovers!  I think Eastbrook wins this game easily.  I think a Mississinewa win would be good for the conference, but I just don’t think they have enough to win this week.  East Noble by 2+ TD’s.

19 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Speak for yourself!  I love it when teams throw against this years team!  They get after the quarterback and create turnovers!  I think Eastbrook wins this game easily.  I think a Mississinewa win would be good for the conference, but I just don’t think they have enough to win this week.  East Noble by 2+ TD’s.

We haven't played a team that with throw the ball like Eastside will. Alexandria threw the ball a lot but they  aren't even close to being on Eastsides level. Tipton tossed the ball around some but that was with a second string QB. We will be tested this week to just see how good our pass D is. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Eastside at Eastbrook--Eastside throws the ball well.  Eastbrook has a history of having troubles defending the pass, however this year's team is better at getting to the QB than previous years.  Eastside is the lone survivor out of the Northeast Corner Conference.  Eastbrook has the stronger schedule.  This year's Eastbrook team is a little different than past years and many have experience playing this deep into the tournament.  I am going with the experience as Eastbrook wins this one.

East Noble at Mississinewa--East Noble is ranked #1 Coach's Poll and #2 in AP.  Mississinewa is ranked #5 in AP and #9 in Coach's.  This game is going to be a very close game.  East Noble has a good run defense, but at the same time so did Delta and Marion.  Cade Campbell was able to gain over 500 yards in these 2 games while is brother Carson had over 200 in the two games.  Mississinewa still hasn't had to do a lot of passing.  Delta was a favorite to win State according to Sagarin rankings and Mississinewa knocked them out.  Mississinewa has the #4 offense and defense in 4A while East Noble has the #8 offense and defense in 4A.  In the end Mississinewa wins this one and advances to Semi-State for the second time in school history.  

Eastside and East Noble are not that far apart and it is interesting that Mississinewa and Eastbrook are both at home again this week.  It is going to be a cold night so be sure to bundle up.  Mississinewa and Eastbrook might have to borrow equipment to clear snow from the field this week.  Would be nice to see both CIC teams advance to the next round.  If Mississinewa and Eastbrook both make it the State Finals they will play on Saturday with Eastbrook at Noon and Mississinewa follows.  Would be nice to see Mississinewa fans come early and cheer on Eastbrook and Eastbrook fans stay and root on Mississinewa.  Then when they both win have a nice big parade back to Grant County.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

East Noble @ Mississinewa

Last week I went with what the Sagarin ratings said and Mississinewa won in an upset. I'm going to do the same this week. How about another upset Ole Miss?

Eastside @ Eastbrook

Eastside will get tossed by the wayside. The Panther defense will be too much for them. Eastbrook wins by 24.

38 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Does anyone know if the Eastbrook vs Eastside game is being streamed anywhere??  I know I can listen on wcjc, but would like to watch it if possible.

Here's a thought.... Quit trolling Mississinewa on the forums and climb out of your hole and actually go to the game and watch it!