Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Vermillion @ Indianapolis Lutheran

10 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The Juggernaut Wolfs offense is better and more explosive than Linton's offense. This could've been proven if Linton had been willing to play the Wolfs. Enjoy your piping hot fart sandwich on the cold morning.

NO no no.... we didn't decline playing your wooofs.... they declined adding us to their schedule.   It would have been quite the battle between offenses this year... the difference might have been who's defense stepped up.'

Man.. this is a game with all sorts of history!!!   Everyone.. well alot of people always think Lutheran is gonna beat N.Vermillion... just as they were supposed to come to Linton and beat us... but somehow it never happened.    14-7 last year in SemiState in Indy, 55-37 in an unreal regional at Cayuga and 37-19 in 2015 in Indy semi-state.   Can't imagine that Lutheran isn't uber focused to get past the Falcons, but NV seems to get it done in crunch time.

3 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

NO no no.... we didn't decline playing your wooofs.... they declined adding us to their schedule.   It would have been quite the battle between offenses this year... the difference might have been who's defense stepped up.'

I apologize for my misunderstanding @Miner_Pride 

Unfortunately I have had to eat multiple fart sandwiches lately instead of serving them up. I wonder if the Wolfs ducking Linton helped or hurt their outcome this season? I'm sure there was a good reason for the Wolfs to avoid the game because a team as talented as PH would have nothing to be afraid of.

8 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

You think the Woofs offense is better than Liptons? 

Yes. I think PH offense was better. Lintons defense was the toughest NV will face all year. And the Miner offense was pretty dang good.

Facing both PH and Linton in the same season sets the mindset at NV that we can compete with anyone.

57 minutes ago, MadRu551an said:

Yes. I think PH offense was better. Lintons defense was the toughest NV will face all year. And the Miner offense was pretty dang good.

Facing both PH and Linton in the same season sets the mindset at NV that we can compete with anyone.

You might want to look at Lutherans schedule and their numbers. I have no doubt NV can compete but I don't think that’ll be enough this time 

2 hours ago, MadRu551an said:

That's odd. PH had not one, but two chances to beat NV yet they lost both times. The only loss NV has on their season is Linton. Offense, defense, special teams.....they all play their part. That's why it's called a Team win. 

Lutheran is a tough opponent, but it looks like their defense tends to give up some points. And NV is not the team they want to do that with. 

I'll take NV in this game. Think it will be a close game but not nearly as close as NV vs PH. 

NV is battle tested.  They have run the gauntlet of their Sectional with tough wins vs Covington, South Putnam and then beating Park Heritage for a second time.  Indy Lutheran will be another good test for the hungry Falcons.  Falcons are loaded with Seniors who are extremely hungry to get back to the top of the mountain in 1A after getting there last year only to be pummeled by an incredible Pioneer team who would have won 2A and maybe even 3A.  Falcons coaching staff will have them young men ready to play come Friday night.

Edited by Paco
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Man.. this is a game with all sorts of history!!!   Everyone.. well alot of people always think Lutheran is gonna beat N.Vermillion... just as they were supposed to come to Linton and beat us... but somehow it never happened.    14-7 last year in SemiState in Indy, 55-37 in an unreal regional at Cayuga and 37-19 in 2015 in Indy semi-state.   Can't imagine that Lutheran isn't uber focused to get past the Falcons, but NV seems to get it done in crunch time.

These 2 programs know each other well in the tournament.  In 2014 and 2018, they met each other in the semi-state.  NV was the winner both times.  They met in 2015 in the regional and again, NV was the winner.  I find it interesting that NV is looking to go back to the state final for the second year in a row.  If they get there, win or lose they will get bumped up to 2A due to the success factor.  Lutheran has gone to the semi-state for the past 3 years in a row only to fall short.  2016 - lost to Linton, 2017 - lost to Eastern Greene, and as I mentioned, lost last year to NV.  So both teams are not strangers to deep tournament runs.  This should be one of the better regional matchups in the state regardless of class.  Lutheran has been ranked #1 for most of the season and will be at home.  Is that going to be enough to get them over the hump?  Since the Falcons loss to Linton, they have been on a roll. It's tough to beat the same team twice in one season, but they did it against PH.  I doubt too many teams in 1A will have the offensive firepower that PH had.  Am expecting this to be a dog fight.  Best of luck and good healthy to the Falcons and the Saints.

13 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

These 2 programs know each other well in the tournament.  In 2014 and 2018, they met each other in the semi-state.  NV was the winner both times.  They met in 2015 in the regional and again, NV was the winner.  I find it interesting that NV is looking to go back to the state final for the second year in a row.  If they get there, win or lose they will get bumped up to 2A due to the success factor.  Lutheran has gone to the semi-state for the past 3 years in a row only to fall short.  2016 - lost to Linton, 2017 - lost to Eastern Greene, and as I mentioned, lost last year to NV.  So both teams are not strangers to deep tournament runs.  This should be one of the better regional matchups in the state regardless of class.  Lutheran has been ranked #1 for most of the season and will be at home.  Is that going to be enough to get them over the hump?  Since the Falcons loss to Linton, they have been on a roll. It's tough to beat the same team twice in one season, but they did it against PH.  I doubt too many teams in 1A will have the offensive firepower that PH had.  Am expecting this to be a dog fight.  Best of luck and good healthy to the Falcons and the Saints.

No they don't

6 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

6 points in 2 years bump you up.  They got 3 points for last year's semi-state win.  If they win semi-state again, that's 6 points.  So unless they changed the rule that I am not aware of,  they will get bumped up to 2A. 

This is year 1 of the 2 year cycle, so last year's points don't matter. If they get 3 points this year and 3 points next year then they will bump up. 

20 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

6 points in 2 years bump you up.  They got 3 points for last year's semi-state win.  If they win semi-state again, that's 6 points.  So unless they changed the rule that I am not aware of,  they will get bumped up to 2A. 

This is a new cycle. It should work that way, but I doubt it ever will.

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

The rule didn’t change, you just don’t know it. I swear to God you don’t 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paco said:

NV is battle tested.  They have run the gauntlet of their Sectional with tough wins vs Covington, South Putnam and then beating Park Heritage for a second time.  Indy Lutheran will be another good test for the hungry Falcons.  Falcons are loaded with Seniors who are extremely hungry to get back to the top of the mountain in 1A after getting there last year only to be pummeled by an incredible Pioneer team who would have won 2A and maybe even 3A.  Falcons coaching staff will have them young men ready to play come Friday night.

Do you think Lutherans is battle tested?

Falcons pull off a close one here. Country boys have more grit than the city boys. Lol.

I said many weeks ago whoever wins sectional 45 would win the state title. Parke Heritage or North Vermillion. 

NV is battle tested with a good game against powerhouse Linton and beating the best offense in 1A in Parke Heritage not once but twice. 

NV 35-28

23 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

You might want to look at Lutherans schedule and their numbers. I have no doubt NV can compete but I don't think that’ll be enough this time 

Yeah....  i agree...and WRC logic escapes me.......  now its ....Linton = Powerhouse .... wasn't it?.... ...Linton 20 EMD 44....

46 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Yeah....  i agree...and WRC logic escapes me.......  now its ....Linton = Powerhouse .... wasn't it?.... ...Linton 20 EMD 44....

On their schedule, I would consider Linton the best team on it most years. Therefore Linton = powerhouse. Just my two cents 🙂

• Like 1