Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Vermillion @ Indianapolis Lutheran

7 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

On their schedule, I would consider Linton the best team on it most years. Therefore Linton = powerhouse. Just my two cents 🙂

Liptons a good measuring stick. They’re still climbing in 2A but they’re not to Madder Days level yet but not many are 

8 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Name a better1A conference????? 

Linton has had had a great program for a long long time. If they stayed 1A they would win the whole thing. 

He’s not questioning the WRC as a good conference or not. Just the logic of calling Liptons a powerhouse 

37 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Name a better1A conference????? 

Linton has had had a great program for a long long time. If they stayed 1A they would win the whole thing. 

Someone is just glad there is life after the O'Shea era for LCC...

However, there are some great 1A teams  this year I'm glad to see some new faces get a shot. I can see any of the remaining teams winning it all. This is a good thing! 

I like Coach Crabtree's approach and feel like he will have his team ready. If they can take care of the ball, I like NV's chances. However, I feel like this might be Lutherans year. Good luck to both teams!

19 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Falcons pull off a close one here. Country boys have more grit than the city boys. Lol.

I said many weeks ago whoever wins sectional 45 would win the state title. Parke Heritage or North Vermillion. 

NV is battle tested with a good game against powerhouse Linton and beating the best offense in 1A in Parke Heritage not once but twice. 

NV 35-28

Couple of questions.

Besides you and Tankas, who named the Woofs the best offense in the state?

Second and foremost you really think NV is more battle tested with those 3 games than Lutherans and their schedule?

15 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Couple of questions.

Second and foremost you really think NV is more battle tested with those 3 games than Lutherans and their schedule?

In my opinion, I believe that Linton would be the best team on Lutheran's schedule this year. I can't speak about the Wolves. Of course, Lutheran has played better competition, IMO, week in and week out. That is the biggest difference in the schedule as there is really not much of an off week in the ICC (Monrovia this year) compared to Riverton Parke and Fountain Central this year in the WRC. This should be a great game and once again I feel like turnovers will play a big part. I'll be rooting for the Falcons, but like I said earlier, I feel like this might be Lutheran's year. Either way, I would love to be at this game with two great 1A programs, with history, going at it. Good luck to both teams!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Couple of questions.

Both aren't all that great.... in the 200s ....according to Sag... sched strength isn't the end all b all anyway.... as Southwood can attest too......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miner_35 said:

In my opinion, I believe that Linton would be the best team on Lutheran's schedule this year. I can't speak about the Wolves. Of course, Lutheran has played better competition, IMO, week in and week out. That is the biggest difference in the schedule as there is really not much of an off week in the ICC (Monrovia this year) compared to Riverton Parke and Fountain Central this year in the WRC. This should be a great game and once again I feel like turnovers will play a big part. I'll be rooting for the Falcons, but like I said earlier, I feel like this might be Lutheran's year. Either way, I would love to be at this game with two great 1A programs, with history, going at it. Good luck to both teams!

Indiana SRN will be webcasting our game LIVE! on the internet this Friday.  Attached is a placard for your game to help spread the word.  The game will be featured on the IHSAAtv website and on the IndyStar Friday Night LIVE! webcast.
Please let your students, fans, alumni, and parents know they can see the game by going to this link:  www.IndianaSRN.org.  
The players can also go to this same link to see the game On Demand during the next week.

26 minutes ago, lp3coda said:

Can anyone provide a video or audio link for this game if there is one? 

Indiana SRN will be webcasting our game LIVE! on the internet this Friday.  Attached is a placard for your game to help spread the word.  The game will be featured on the IHSAAtv website and on the IndyStar Friday Night LIVE! webcast.
Please let your students, fans, alumni, and parents know they can see the game by going to this link:  www.IndianaSRN.org.  
The players can also go to this same link to see the game On Demand during the next week.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Apparently the NV fans are under a gag order 

LoL..... actually... hav a soft spot for the WRC..... b rooting for NV..... they r definitely the dogs in this one.... but who knows.....jus makes a win sweeter.....

Edited by BendNotBreak

I knew Lutheran would score points but I thought nv would keep it close. 

I listened on radio and radio commentator said Lutherans smallest lineman was 230. Multiple kids 6’2 OR 6’3 265+. A freshman 6’3 220 lbs starting on d line and his name was called a lot! Wow

Great way to rep the WRC FALCONS! 

Will post about who wolves have returning after season if there’s a WRC thread. 

Enjoy the holidays. 

On 11/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, miner_35 said:

Looks like I was wrong on linton being the toughest team on Lutherans schedule this year if they played...

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:07 PM, lp3coda said:

That's odd. PH had not one, but two chances to beat NV yet they lost both times. The only loss NV has on their season is Linton. Offense, defense, special teams.....they all play their part. That's why it's called a Team win. 

Lutheran is a tough opponent, but it looks like their defense tends to give up some points. And NV is not the team they want to do that with. 

I'll take NV in this game. Think it will be a close game but not nearly as close as NV vs PH. 

You were right.

That's odd. PH had not one, but two chances to beat NV yet they lost both times. The only loss NV has on their season is Linton. Offense, defense, special teams.....they all play their part. That's why it's called a Team win. 

Lutheran is a tough opponent, but it looks like their defense tends to give up some points. And NV is not the team they want to do that with. 

I'll take NV in this game. Think it will be a close game but not nearly as close as NV vs PH. 

You were right.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, miner_35 said:

Looks like I was wrong on linton being the toughest team on Lutherans schedule this year if they played...

Id say Triton central, beech grove, ritter and scecina are all better than Linton. All but Beech Grove made it to sectional finals. Triton's playing semi state in 2a. So, sometimes we get caught in a bubble of what we see and think there is nothing comparable.  

• Like 1