Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NCAA to Reinstate Chase Young

itiswhatitis

Just saw a report that says the NCAA will only suspend Young for 2 games and not four as was first reported.  He sat out last week against Maryland and will sit out this week against Rutgers.  He will be eligible to play again against Penn State.  So the defense will be at full strength to finish the season and beyond.

5 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Just saw a report that says the NCAA will only suspend Young for 2 games and not four as was first reported.  He sat out last week against Maryland and will sit out this week against Rutgers.  He will be eligible to play again against Penn State.  So the defense will be at full strength to finish the season and beyond.

🙄

NCAA should have mandated the two games he'd have to sit out. Penn State and Michigan (not that we will win against the evil anyway). Make the one volunteered game not count so it would have been a 3 game suspension.

5 hours ago, Basementbias said:

NCAA should have mandated the two games he'd have to sit out. Penn State and Michigan (not that we will win against the evil anyway). Make the one volunteered game not count so it would have been a 3 game suspension.

The investigation found he did nothing wrong other than maybe not report it sooner.  So he shouldn't have sat out ANY games IMO since they found no violation.  It wasn't a gift, it wasn't from an alumni or a booster.  The player and the university fully cooperated.  Ohio State sat him out voluntarily last week.  So the NCAA said that game counts.  Picking and choosing which game(s) a player will sit out isn't how it works.  But as they say, "haters gonna hate" so I'm sure there are a lot of other fans who think this is a sham.  It was investigated by the NCAA.  It was their findings.  He continues playing after this weekend.  End of Story.

• Like 1

Freshman year in college, freshman year in high school.  Does it really matter?.  The NCAA investigated and found the person to just be a family friend.  He didn't meet the person because he played football.  He borrowed $800 which he repaid.  It wasn't a gift.  I see it as doing nothing wrong.  People borrow money all of the time from friends or family.  No smoking gun was found.  He's being suspended for 2 games and what was the violation to warrant any suspension at all?  If it had been a "gift" or from an alumni or booster, I get that.  But from everything I've read, he really didn't commit any violation(s).

Edited by itiswhatitis

32 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Freshman year in college, freshman year in high school.  Does it really matter?.  The NCAA investigated and found the person to just be a family friend.  He didn't meet the person because he played football.  He borrowed $800 which he repaid.  It wasn't a gift.  I see it as doing nothing wrong.  People borrow money all of the time from friends or family.  No smoking gun was found.  He's being suspended for 2 games and what was the violation to warrant any suspension at all?  If it had been a "gift" or from an alumni or booster, I get that.  But from everything I've read, he really didn't commit any violation(s).

Thank you for providing that important fact.   Before that, I was beginning to think OSU is to tackle football what Duke and UNC are to basketball.

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Woody Hayes, is that you?

Jim Tressel?

Urban Meyer?

29 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Woody Hayes, is that you?

Jim Tressel?

Urban Meyer?

Again I ask:  what was the violation?  You can make fun of this all day long but it won't change the outcome.   It was reported as a possible violation.  The NCAA found none.  He's reinstated.  So even though he's found "innocent" you STILL want him found guilty of something?  Glad you aren't an elected official in this country.  What I have not heard is, who was the "whistleblower" in the first place?

19 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Again I ask:  what was the violation?  You can make fun of this all day long but it won't change the outcome.   It was reported as a possible violation.  The NCAA found none.  He's reinstated.  So even though he's found "innocent" you STILL want him found guilty of something?  Glad you aren't an elected official in this country.  What I have not heard is, who was the "whistleblower" in the first place?

If you don't think there is more to this story, then I can't help you.  You don't find it convenient that the violation (which occurred over 10 months ago) came to light when RUTGERS and MARYLAND were the next two games on the schedule?

This whole thing was scripted from the beginning.  Ohio State has THE (pun intended) best PR department in the nation.  Perfectly timed and they controlled the narrative and Young comes out looking like the victim despite knowingly breaking NCAA rules.  Whether you agree or not, rules are rules, no?

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

NCAA is just a hodge podge it seems

Ruling Memphis basketball player ineligible because he moved to Memphis when he was 7 years old.   Hardaway clearly new this kid had a chance at 7 to be SPECIAL!!!!    

I think the Memphis basketball player moved to Memphis before his junior year in high school.  That is why Memphis East may lose the state title they won in 2017-18.

53 minutes ago, Temptation said:

If you don't think there is more to this story, then I can't help you.  You don't find it convenient that the violation (which occurred over 10 months ago) came to light when RUTGERS and MARYLAND were the next two games on the schedule?

This whole thing was scripted from the beginning.  Ohio State has THE (pun intended) best PR department in the nation.  Perfectly timed and they controlled the narrative and Young comes out looking like the victim despite knowingly breaking NCAA rules.  Whether you agree or not, rules are rules, no?

I didn't ask for your help and YOU are the one who thinks there is more to this.   Here's a newsflash for you:  not everything is a conspiracy.  By your comments apparently you feel this is some type of cover up.  I totally agree there are rules, but which one(s) did he break?  You keep saying he committed a violation.  I won't ask you a third time which violation he committed.  The NCAA says he committed none.   Where is your proof this was all scripted?  You are talking nonsense that you have convinced yourself of and want others to believe you.  Show me proof and then we'll talk.

'

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

NCAA is just a hodge podge it seems

Ruling Memphis basketball player ineligible because he moved to Memphis when he was 7 years old.   Hardaway clearly new this kid had a chance at 7 to be SPECIAL!!!!    

LOL (not at you), at 7.....

So.....is there any truth to the rumor that James Franklin was the leaker of info about Young?

29 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

I didn't ask for your help and YOU are the one who thinks there is more to this.   Here's a newsflash for you:  not everything is a conspiracy.  By your comments apparently you feel this is some type of cover up.  I totally agree there are rules, but which one(s) did he break?  You keep saying he committed a violation.  I won't ask you a third time which violation he committed.  The NCAA says he committed none.   Where is your proof this was all scripted?  You are talking nonsense that you have convinced yourself of and want others to believe you.  Show me proof and then we'll talk.

'

Look at the way the university has handled this kind of scandalous stuff (Tressel/Pryor, Meyer/Zach Smith, etc...) in the past and get back to me.  There is a reason they are known throughout the Big Ten as the "SEC of the Midwest."

5 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Look at the way the university has handled this kind of scandalous stuff (Tressel/Pryor, Meyer/Zach Smith, etc...) in the past and get back to me.  There is a reason they are known throughout the Big Ten as the "SEC of the Midwest."

I've followed the B1G for 50+ years and have NEVER heard them called , what was it? "The SEC of the Midwest"?   You sure you just didn't make that up in your mind like your accusations against OSU and Young?  But I'm sure you have proof of that too just like you have proof this was all scripted and you have proof that Young committed some violation.  I'm waiting for your proof.  No, I won't wait because you have no proof or otherwise you would have posted it instead of your opinions.  Anything else you want to theorize about?  You'll wait a long time before I get back to you about any scandals.  So because of a couple of past mistakes, EVERYONE is guilty now no matter what?  Guilty until proven innocent eh?  I thought in this country it was innocent until proven guilty? 

3 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I've followed the B1G for 50+ years and have NEVER heard them called , what was it? "The SEC of the Midwest"?   You sure you just didn't make that up in your mind like your accusations against OSU and Young?  But I'm sure you have proof of that too just like you have proof this was all scripted and you have proof that Young committed some violation.  I'm waiting for your proof.  No, I won't wait because you have no proof or otherwise you would have posted it instead of your opinions.  Anything else you want to theorize about?  You'll wait a long time before I get back to you about any scandals.  So because of a couple of past mistakes, EVERYONE is guilty now no matter what?  Guilty until proven innocent eh?  I thought in this country it was innocent until proven guilty? 

You must not mingle with Big Ten fans often.  Try it sometime.  Always in the news for the wrong reasons and always seem to escape with a slap on the wrist.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

You must not mingle with Big Ten fans often.  Try it sometime.  Always in the news for the wrong reasons and always seem to escape with a slap on the wrist.

You keep changing the subject.  Where's your proof?  You seem to keep avoiding the question.  I "mingle" with B1G fans daily.  My oldest son is a sportswriter and covers Ohio State.  Where do you get your information from, the land of Qz?

42 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

You keep changing the subject.  Where's your proof?  You seem to keep avoiding the question.  I "mingle" with B1G fans daily.  My oldest son is a sportswriter and covers Ohio State.  Where do you get your information from, the land of Qz?

It all makes sense now.  You’ve got skin in the game.