Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Young Coaches In the State

As the season is about to hit regional and majority of programs start to gear up for next year. Who do some of you consider to be some of the best young coaches in Indiana right now? As some schools start to target new coaches, who are some of the young coaches schools should go after if they can not land the more experienced coach on their radars? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Urban_Legend said:

As the season is about to hit regional and majority of programs start to gear up for next year. Who do some of you consider to be some of the best young coaches in Indiana right now? As some schools start to target new coaches, who are some of the young coaches schools should go after if they can not land the more experienced coach on their radars? 

Brian Parker at Hanover Central has done a great job with that program. It's a very young program, without much in the way of tradition. I was observing at one of their games this year and you can tell when you're on the sideline that a coach either does or doesn't have organization, good assistants, and buy-in from the kids. He's got all of that.

Of course, in the interests of full disclosure, I should add that he's my nephew. :classic_wink:

Edited by Bobref
clarification
  • Like 3

Lafayette Jeff:  Pat Shanley, early 30's 

LCC's DC:  Max Goodin should be an excellent HC at some point 

North Judson:  Brett Lambert :  1st year HC, Sectional Champion 

Curt Funk:  Mississenwa :  Not sure if he is considered "young" but to me he is!! 

K.C. Woods:  Danville:   Could see him eventually down the road getting into the MIC or HCC 

Shane Fry :  West Lafayette:  body of work is very impressive 

Joe O'Connell:  River Forest:   Watched River on film this year, they are starting to get their identity as well as @Bobref stated as well with Hanover Central.   Both guys were together at M'ville for long time 

I am sure all these guys are very happy at their current spots.  Just giving some love to some who earned it. 

• Like 5

I don’t know how ode he is but the hottest coach in Indiana is in Cayugas. His name is Brian Crabtrees. He won’t think about leaving North Vermillions while his kids are in high school but he could coach anywhere. I swear to God he could 

Edited by Donnie Baker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I don’t know how ode he is but the hottest coach in Indiana is in Cayugas. His name is Brian Crabtrees. He won’t think about leaving North Vermillions while his kids are in high school but he could coach anywhere. I swear to God he could 

Wait is this for Head Coaches only? What about @Coach Nowlin or as @Donnie Baker would say it Coach No Lin!

• Haha 2

Put me down for Luke Amstutz at East Noble.  Yes, was at Angola for a little while....but he is still "young", and extremely successful.  

Also, don't forget Jared Sauder at Leo!  

The East Noble at Ole Miss game should be fantastic!  

Edited by Yuccaguy
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Nolins is a badass but I don’t know if he wants to be a head coach.

He's kinda old too. 😃

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Haha 1