Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Young Coaches In the State

I don't know if anyone has said these so I apologise if they have. I think Grant Moser at South Adams and John Hochstetler at Monroe Central are 2 solid younger Coaches. They do a great job of teaching the game, life and all that goes with not to mention they are incredible men and role models.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

I don't know if anyone has said these so I apologise if they have. I think Grant Moser at South Adams and John Hochstetler at Monroe Central are 2 solid younger Coaches. They do a great job of teaching the game, life and all that goes with not to mention they are incredible men and role models.

I know Coach Hoch from when he was at Central.  Fantastic Coach and even better man.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lysander said:

Rob Doyle - in his 3 years as a Head Coach, he has won 2 Sectionals, 2 Regionals, 1 Semi-State and a State Championship....and, arguably, put together one of Chatard’s historically best teams.

......and, BTW, all the while,  being an active principal in a long-standing Indy law firm with his name over the door.

He doesn’t carry a 6 shooter, though......seems a Millennial “thing”.

Just thought I would add some perspective.....

When you say "put together". Does that mean he recruited one of Chatard's historically best teams? Typically high school coaches do not put together football teams, they are already there waiting on them.

26 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

When you say "put together". Does that mean he recruited one of Chatard's historically best teams? Typically high school coaches do not put together football teams, they are already there waiting on them.

Aren't all high school coaches given the pieces and then charged with putting them together?

But that doesn't go along with another boring, soft toss recruiting allegation....

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SBFootball1 said:

Aren't all high school coaches given the pieces and then charged with putting them together?

Not all high school coaches get the same pieces to put together though. For example, not every coach has an endzone camera to film their games and practices. Even those who do may not have a top of the line model, like the Hi-Pod X31. 

For a lot of coaches, it's like entering a cake baking contest with only half the needed ingredients.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SBFootball1 said:

But that doesn't go along with another boring, soft toss recruiting allegation....

They must not like the pieces they were already given! Please do not be naive enough to say it does not happen! How many public schools hold open houses?

BDEB94E4-2B38-4BC6-807F-6BA9EBF7F4B9.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

you are hilarious, not very smart or educated, but hilarious

1 hour ago, POTLUCK said:

They must not like the pieces they were already given! Please do not be naive enough to say it does not happen! How many public schools hold open houses?

BDEB94E4-2B38-4BC6-807F-6BA9EBF7F4B9.jpeg

Why aren't public schools holding open houses? Especially if they are participating in open enrollment? Our SB magnet programs hold open houses so, by your insinuation, the 4 SB schools should be state champs.

53 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

you are hilarious, not very smart or educated, but hilarious

Typical response from someone that likes to dodge the truth! By the way, sentences should start with a capital letter and end with some sort of punctuation. Must be that private school education you received! You appear to be like some others that have been in the news recently, because you sure do not like to answer questions when asked. Let's try this again. How many public schools hold open houses? I'll wait patiently for your response!

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Not all high school coaches get the same pieces to put together though. For example, not every coach has an endzone camera to film their games and practices. Even those who do may not have a top of the line model, like the Hi-Pod X31. 

For a lot of coaches, it's like entering a cake baking contest with only half the needed ingredients.

So put a multiplier on the ingredients and everything will be better? And if a cookie does well in the contest too often, he should compete against cakes?

I am not naive, obviously not all coaches are handed the same deck...hell, that can be from year to year at some schools. However, It is disingenuous to say the earlier commenter meant because of recruiting when saying "put the pieces together".  

15 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

Typical response from someone that likes to dodge the truth! By the way, sentences should start with a capital letter and end with some sort of punctuation. Must be that private school education you received! You appear to be like some others that have been in the news recently, because you sure do not like to answer questions when asked. Let's try this again. How many public schools hold open houses? I'll wait patiently for your response!

To my knowledge, public schools do not hold open houses. Private schools do in order to communicate what they have to offer a prospective student and their family. Very common and appropriate.

Now - on to your statement about recruiting...and understanding that I do not dodge the truth, rather I ask to understand the facts which support it (unlike many in today's environment). So, give me your facts to support your comment "Does that mean he recruited one of Chatard's historically best teams" - got anything?

5 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

Yes, he recruited Wyatt Schrader and Brady Kinnett to feeder school St. Pius when they were in kindergarten. Keen eye for young talent

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SBFootball1 said:

So put a multiplier on the ingredients and everything will be better? And if a cookie does well in the contest too often, he should compete against cakes?

I am not naive, obviously not all coaches are handed the same deck...hell, that can be from year to year at some schools. However, It is disingenuous to say the earlier commenter meant because of recruiting when saying "put the pieces together".  

Incase you're new to tanka he makes every thread about cameras or wolfs. It's not a metaphor....its his legit obsession with end zone cameras. Just laugh but dont take it as anything more then a man who loves Endzone cameras and Brian Moore more then anyone should. 

6 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

It was really tough recruiting this year with the new player salary cap the Catholic schools have been forced to follow via Papal dictates.

Given that, I think he did a great job.  

BTW, will Tri-West be at the Avon Jr. High Combine this year (Danville never misses)....or just continuing to focus on manipulating Sectional pairings?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, Trojan88 said:

Absolute savant - Mike Dum - Chatard. Great young coach who has a very bright future.

I would also add Kyle Dietrick and Rob Doyle Jr to that list.

All three young, very smart, and excellent motivators and game planners!

Mike Dum a former LB for Chatard? His number used to be a single digit number like #5 or something. His name sounds familiar from when I coached against him when I was at Batesville. I think the other inside linebacker was also a single number guy. I don't know why I remember this. 

13 hours ago, EricFeller said:

Mike Dum a former LB for Chatard? His number used to be a single digit number like #5 or something. His name sounds familiar from when I coached against him when I was at Batesville. I think the other inside linebacker was also a single number guy. I don't know why I remember this. 

Yes.  Coach Dum was a former LB at Chatard.