Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SWIAC 2019-20

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Miners did just enough last night to get it done.  Talked to Joey afterwards a bit and he said they are tired mentally and physically.  Had today off whether they won or lost.  They have played 11 games since Christmas and most of those were big time games. Not to many easy ones.  I think that showed up last night.  North Daviess is much improved. Freshmen are good and when/if Townsend gets healthy again they could be a real handful down the stretch. 

Not sure what went on between TH North and Clay City for that to be only a five point win.  I think WRV is better than Shakamak and played like it last night.  They are just so up and down right now.   Bloomfield winning big over Eastern was expected, but North Central getting beat by RP by 18!?!   Can't say I saw that coming. 

Overall, outside of Linton and Bloomfield, I don't think any SWIAC teams are playing very consistently right now. 

As for Tonight I will take Cloverdale over Clay City by 10

South Knox over Eastern by 15

Barr Reeve over N. Daviess by 8

North Central over North Vermillion by 8

Sullivan over WRV by 15

Last thing...Hats off to the Lady Miners for their nice win this morning over  1A #1 Loogootee Lions.

Saw that!  I concur, great win for the Lady Miners!  Are we seeing a first in Miner basketball?  Both the men and the women ranked in the top five in the same season?  Both teams are solid and could make deep runs in this year's tournaments.  Maybe both were ranked back in the day.  I've only been in the area since 1995.   Don't know how they were before then.  I had heard the ladies were going to be good this year.  Even with the big graduation losses from last year,  I still thought the men would be good again this year.  Coach Hart seems to get 110% out of every player on the team.

16 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Saw that!  I concur, great win for the Lady Miners!  Are we seeing a first in Miner basketball?  Both the men and the women ranked in the top five in the same season?  Both teams are solid and could make deep runs in this year's tournaments.  Maybe both were ranked back in the day.  I've only been in the area since 1995.   Don't know how they were before then.  I had heard the ladies were going to be good this year.  Even with the big graduation losses from last year,  I still thought the men would be good again this year.  Coach Hart seems to get 110% out of every player on the team.

They were both ranked last year but this is the first time they are both in Top 5 to my knowledge.  Another school we are familiar with...Shenandoah...is also ranked Top 5 with both teams. Back in the early 80's we had 3 good seasons on the girls side with Stamm, Witty and Dietz.  But before class basketball we always ran into BNL, a powerhouse at the time, in the regional.  To my knowledge we were never ranked in an all class Top 20 poll.   The core group for the current Lady Miners is the Junior Class so they should be good again next year and they have a pretty good 7th grade bunch coming that will help the program.  Nothing like the junior class but some solid players.   The boys side has some good classes coming, but I have not heard of anyone like a Lincoln Hale type of player in those classes.  Just a lot of solid players.  Linton has been fortunate the last 8-9 years that we have always had 1-2 scorers that could consistently get you 20 a night.  Looking for who is next after Hale graduates.  I am not sure how many 1000 pt scorers we had before the 2013 season, but it was 5 or 6 I believe.  We have had 5 since then (Karazsia, D. Fougerousse, Dieball, Hale, K. Fougerouse). That says alot. 

Looking at our remaining Schedule there is a pretty good chance that Coach Hart will guide this team to their 8th straight 20 win season.  Linton fans are getting spoiled.  That is an unheard of stretch and would extend a state record for consecutive 20 win seasons.  Miner basketball fans used to talk about the Jim Callane era back in the 1970's.  He was a great coach and won 3 straight sectionals in the mid to late 70s before leaving to go to Kokomo Haworth. That was back in the days when the Switz City Sectional was really a big deal.  Miner fans need to appreciate this stretch...that is rarefied air. 

Saturday afternoon was a really good game for the Lady Miners.  Loogootee played well.  Shafford and Rose struggles offensively, but both made big plays late to seal the win.  It was good to see a former WRV player/coach having success with the Lady Lions.  Brian Smith coached and taught at WRV... He was head boys coach at Shoals... Now he had the #1 ranked 1A girls team.  

Linton had some solid teams in the 80's under Les Newman and a couple solid years under Bill Carpenter in the early to mid 90's... but those teams were always second, third, or fourth to really good teams.  L&M, Bloomfield, and Shakamak beat out the Newman teams... WRV, Bloomfield, and Eastern dominated the Carpenter teams.  Before that... the boys teams have to go back to the early to mid 1970's.

The future is bright for the Miners for the next 4 years.  After that it either needs work or too early to tell.  The freshman class is strong.  If all 7 stick around, they will be the backbone of the team in 2 years.   Little Joey Hart will likely be a 1,000 point scorer.  Cook and Webb both can score.  If the trio don't make it to 1,000 it will have more to do with competition among their own team than the ability to get there.  The other 4 freshman are 6'3", 6'3", 6'1", and 6'2".  One of the 6'3" kids will likely keep growing.  The other 3 are likely about done growing.  Each are developing players that are coming along well.  Each are probably better at another sport(almost varsity level guys), but I think they will keep playing. The class already lost 3 boys going into HS.  One moved for family reasons... the other 2 noticed a full roster with a lack of opportunities to play varsity early.  The key is to keep those 4 in the fold.  When they become juniors, Coach Hart will likely need all of them.  The sophomore class has been a little disappointing.  There are only 4 or 5 left playing... 1 plays varsity and JV... the others look to be long shots at this point.  One 8th grader will likely have an opportunity to play varsity next year, but the rest of the class is a work in progress.  Not a lot of size among the next best guys in 8th grade.  Luckily, outside of the one player... I doubt they will be called upon until they are juniors.  Which goes back to the freshman, in 2 years it is probably one sophomore, the 7 freshman, and the 8th grader making up Coach Hart's varsity guys with a couple of the sophomores (who will be seniors) on the team.  Of course, things change.  A move in... a little growth spurt... hard work in the offseason could change things.  After the freshman, it is too early to tell.  The freshman weren't good early on... the sophomores were really good... fast forward to now... the freshman looks like the better class.  Our 7th grade is small, but there could be a player or two.  The 6th grade is pretty good, but I wonder how many of them will keep playing.  The 5th grade needs a lot of work... lots of future football players.  The 4th grade is pretty good and has good numbers.  It is hard to put much faith one way or the other in anything below 8th grade.  Even those kids may grow in the net couple years.   I'm pretty sure the class sizes are a lot smaller after the 8th graders... that probably plays a role.

• Confused 1

I just looked at the remaining schedule.  Unless the Miners stumble against T.H. South they should finish the season 21 -2.  Impressive.  Loos like they should win the sectional and will have a fight to win the regional.  A lucky bounce here and a lucky break there. and they could go deep again this year.

When you look at the current SWIAC standings the top, middle and bottom are clearly defined now.   I don't see anyone left on Linton's schedule knocking them off but you never say never.  I didn't think the ND game would be that close.  This weekends games will shape the middle of the conference a little bit more.

Friday night

Eastern at Linton-----I don't see this one being close.  This should be a 20+ win for the Miners

N. Central @ Bloomfield----a semi final rematch from the GCI.  NC played them tough for 1-1/2 quarters before Bloomfield asserted control and won big.  I think I see Bloomfield by 15+ here again.  N. Central is just not disciplined enough to play a possession basketball game with Bloomfield.

N. Daviess at Clay City----ND should win this by double figures as well.  They are really playing well right now. 

Saturday Night

North Central at Shakamak----This could be a tight game.  Shakamak won 49-46 in the 3rd place game at the GCI.  I think it will be close again but I am going with the T birds this time around.

WRV at Clay City----WRV is sitting at .500 and having some success.  With a Friday night game home game vs Loogootee they will most likely need this win to stay at .500.  Clay City is scrappy and WRV cannot afford to come out slow like they have at times.  I am going to go with the Eels here in a close one. 

1Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from the Linton @ WRV game.  Side note:  I have attended high school basketball games for close to 60 years and I have NEVER been to a quieter basketball game.  It was almost like being at a funeral.  Good grief!  The game:  A tale of 2 halves.  Linton woke up in the second half.  Loved seeing the Linton freshman (Cook) come in and nail 3 straight 3 pointers in the second quarter.  Defense played lock down in the second half.  They'll need that type of defense if they want to make a deep tournament run.  I believe they forced 20 WRV turnovers for the game.  The first half it seemed like the Miners were going through the motions.  I thought WRV did a good job getting the ball inside in that first half and stayed in the game.  The second half?  It was all Linton.

8 hours ago, shooter1 said:

Well to be clear definately wasn’t “all Linton”. I saw Sullivan, Bloomfield, Shakamak, Northview, and Union.     Seems many of the faithful are starting to see the same.  

To be "clear" the second half was 37 - 15.  If you want to be a homer and say it wasn't all Linton, be my guest.  The first half was close and as I posted WRV played really good getting the ball inside.  The second half, Linton's defense turned it up a couple of notches and WRV couldn't score much let alone get the ball inside. 

I saw a Linton Miner team... period. 

Dugger Union closed... it was no more... I'm not sure DUCS qualifies.  Linton opened their arms to those kids and hold a geographic advantage over everyone outside of Sullivan.  Ask some Dugger folks about the Sullivan mess... They will tell you about some Good people... but some felt like 2nd class citizens to others in Sullivan.   Shouldn't be shocking... Talk to some Carlisle or Graysville folks about feeling like they are on the outside looking in at Sullivan.    

The Shakamak, Northview, and Sullivan kids all live in Linton.  The families moved... Even before the State of Indiana turned schools into the current mess... that would qualify.  We have 3 boys that live in Bloomfield's school district... they are using their school choice.  I'm not sure I necessarily agree with State, but it is nature of the game these days.  You do realize WRV has bulletin boards all over the county encouraging students/parents to move their kids there.  You also have 4 players and a manager on your JV/Varsity that went and still live in Linton.

As I remember... WRV got a few Linton kids to bolster their ranks back when they were dominant in the early 90's.  If you'd like to put an asterisk next to your Semi State runs... go ahead.  Success and an opportunity to win has always appealed to some people.  Now it is easier to do that.

Now for actually basketball... I think the 1st and 2nd halves against WRV are the Jekyll and Hyde that has become Miner basketball.  Too much "ME' ball in the 1st half... 2nd half saw better ball movement.  This led to better looks and more made shots.  As awful as it sounds, foul trouble helped the Miners at the end of the 1st half.  The ball got moving... shooters made shots.  Otherwise, I think WRV is up at least 4 going into the half.  Defensively, We are nowhere close to as good as last year.  Sometimes Linton looks disinterested and lazy.  D-Rob has had moments where his hustle has made the Miners look good, but he is inconsistent.  Pyne occasionally has stretches of big defensive plays, but foul trouble or the fear of foul trouble limits his time on the court.  A couple guys look like they are playing the whole game with 4 fouls.  Drew Smith provides some good defense off the bench, but he is sort of a spot guy at this point.  

I thought WRV looked really good in spots.  They have no depth, which kills them.  Rogers played really well... MVP of the 1st half.  Ellett was better than I had seen early this year.  Denham made some plays.  Although Records got into some foul trouble... he had Lincoln Hale frustrated.  Crites played like a sophomore... they will need him to be more sure of himself.  He was a great energy guy this summer, but he looked like the game was a little too big for him.  Hostetter off the bench was more steady, but he is more limited athletically.  After that... the bottom drops out.  The rest of the guys are average JV players.  A freshman and a couple sophomores had moments in the JV game, but none of them look varsity ready.  Spot players at best... for now.  I'll be rooting for them to win that sectional.  I think they are capable, but they also have some Jekyll and Hyde moments.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greene County Coach said:

I saw a Linton Miner team... period. 

Dugger Union closed... it was no more... I'm not sure DUCS qualifies.  Linton opened their arms to those kids and hold a geographic advantage over everyone outside of Sullivan.  Ask some Dugger folks about the Sullivan mess... They will tell you about some Good people... but some felt like 2nd class citizens to others in Sullivan.   Shouldn't be shocking... Talk to some Carlisle or Graysville folks about feeling like they are on the outside looking in at Sullivan.    

The Shakamak, Northview, and Sullivan kids all live in Linton.  The families moved... Even before the State of Indiana turned schools into the current mess... that would qualify.  We have 3 boys that live in Bloomfield's school district... they are using their school choice.  I'm not sure I necessarily agree with State, but it is nature of the game these days.  You do realize WRV has bulletin boards all over the county encouraging students/parents to move their kids there.  You also have 4 players and a manager on your JV/Varsity that went and still live in Linton.

As I remember... WRV got a few Linton kids to bolster their ranks back when they were dominant in the early 90's.  If you'd like to put an asterisk next to your Semi State runs... go ahead.  Success and an opportunity to win has always appealed to some people.  Now it is easier to do that.

Now for actually basketball... I think the 1st and 2nd halves against WRV are the Jekyll and Hyde that has become Miner basketball.  Too much "ME' ball in the 1st half... 2nd half saw better ball movement.  This led to better looks and more made shots.  As awful as it sounds, foul trouble helped the Miners at the end of the 1st half.  The ball got moving... shooters made shots.  Otherwise, I think WRV is up at least 4 going into the half.  Defensively, We are nowhere close to as good as last year.  Sometimes Linton looks disinterested and lazy.  D-Rob has had moments where his hustle has made the Miners look good, but he is inconsistent.  Pyne occasionally has stretches of big defensive plays, but foul trouble or the fear of foul trouble limits his time on the court.  A couple guys look like they are playing the whole game with 4 fouls.  Drew Smith provides some good defense off the bench, but he is sort of a spot guy at this point.  

I thought WRV looked really good in spots.  They have no depth, which kills them.  Rogers played really well... MVP of the 1st half.  Ellett was better than I had seen early this year.  Denham made some plays.  Although Records got into some foul trouble... he had Lincoln Hale frustrated.  Crites played like a sophomore... they will need him to be more sure of himself.  He was a great energy guy this summer, but he looked like the game was a little too big for him.  Hostetter off the bench was more steady, but he is more limited athletically.  After that... the bottom drops out.  The rest of the guys are average JV players.  A freshman and a couple sophomores had moments in the JV game, but none of them look varsity ready.  Spot players at best... for now.  I'll be rooting for them to win that sectional.  I think they are capable, but they also have some Jekyll and Hyde moments.

I still can't get over how quiet it was at the game.  

Shooter1-----You need to get your facts right.  Not one player on the Linton roster transferred to Linton during High School.  They transferred to Linton during Middle School or before.  Everyone knows the stories about Dugger closing.  Those kids could choose any school they wanted when it closed and because some of them chose Linton instead of your school that's not fair?.  There is nothing wrong for an athlete to transfer to another school during middle school for ANY reason. There are plenty of Linton kids that are on WRV rosters in several sports, (Softball, Baseball, Volleyball, and basketball). I guess that is okay?    When Schools are competing for kids on an academic level because of the money that goes with them, you really didn't expect that to not trickle over to the athletic side did you?  The State of Indiana created this mess.  When any kid can transfer for a better opportunity academically and the money goes with them, then why shouldn't a student be able to transfer for a better athletic opportunity?  The IHSAA governs High School and that is the only reason they can't transfer at the HS level.  WRV(your school), Dugger and now Eastern are sending mailers out, putting billboards up, and sending buses into other schools district to pick up kids.  Apparently, the academic transfers don't bother you?  Of course not.  The kids that transfer because they think another school offers a better academic opportunity isn't your concern.  Only the ones that might affect your athletic W-L Column.   Are some of the Linton faithful upset because someone moved in and took their kids spot?  Yeah, but that is life and it happens when athletes begin competing with 4 classes of kids for a handful of starting spots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Pops said:

Shooter1-----You need to get your facts right.  Not one player on the Linton roster transferred to Linton during High School.  They transferred to Linton during Middle School or before.  Everyone knows the stories about Dugger closing.  Those kids could choose any school they wanted when it closed and because some of them chose Linton instead of your school that's not fair?.  There is nothing wrong for an athlete to transfer to another school during middle school for ANY reason. There are plenty of Linton kids that are on WRV rosters in several sports, (Softball, Baseball, Volleyball, and basketball). I guess that is okay?    When Schools are competing for kids on an academic level because of the money that goes with them, you really didn't expect that to not trickle over to the athletic side did you?  The State of Indiana created this mess.  When any kid can transfer for a better opportunity academically and the money goes with them, then why shouldn't a student be able to transfer for a better athletic opportunity?  The IHSAA governs High School and that is the only reason they can't transfer at the HS level.  WRV(your school), Dugger and now Eastern are sending mailers out, putting billboards up, and sending buses into other schools district to pick up kids.  Apparently, the academic transfers don't bother you?  Of course not.  The kids that transfer because they think another school offers a better academic opportunity isn't your concern.  Only the ones that might affect your athletic W-L Column.   Are some of the Linton faithful upset because someone moved in and took their kids spot?  Yeah, but that is life and it happens when athletes begin competing with 4 classes of kids for a handful of starting spots. 

Pops:  I looked past their backhanded comment and tried to make it about the game itself with my reply.  Some people get their jollies by stirring the pot just to see what kind of reaction they get from other people.  99% of the time I don't play their games.  If they are insinuating that Linton is recruiting, they need to be reminded that Indiana now has open enrollment.  Kids can play wherever they want these days.  Accusing someone of recruiting is pointless.  "Next caller!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

They deserved a comment after going to all that trouble just to set up account so they could make one comment like that...I didn't want them to be dissapointed. lol.  

You'll never change the mind of a conspiracy theorist.  They aren't conceited, they are just convinced.  LOL

• Like 1

Now back to basketball.........Linton looked good last night against a THS team that was without two of it's players that played against them at the Classic.  Not sure reason, but I would guess either injury or eligibility as it appeared that both were there on the bench.   I expected a win, but not by 24.  Having a 10 day layoff will be good for this group to get ready for the postseason.   

If anyone ever doubted what Turner Royal means to this Bloomfield squad it is more than obvious now.  Certainly an unfortunate injury.  You have to hope that he will be ready to go for the post season.  With him they should win their sectional rather easily, but without him I think WRV has a real chance to upset them.  Of course the draws will play a part in it too.  Wrv is scrappy but just cant seem to make enough plays to get over the hump against the team. 

Last thing,  what has Eastern basketball become?  It sounds like it is a huge mess over there right now.  Coach Hudson is a good coach, but the frustration is evident in his comments in the paper.  I am not sure who he is trying to motivate or benefit by publicly making those comments. He is sending a message, but not sure it is toward the players.   That program has went downhill since Coach Igel left. It used to be loaded top to bottom, but that isn't the case anymore.  I think it is a total rebuild top to bottom to get back to where it once was.  Wonder what everyone else's thoughts are? 

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Now back to basketball.........Linton looked good last night against a THS team that was without two of it's players that played against them at the Classic.  Not sure reason, but I would guess either injury or eligibility as it appeared that both were there on the bench.   I expected a win, but not by 24.  Having a 10 day layoff will be good for this group to get ready for the postseason.   

If anyone ever doubted what Turner Royal means to this Bloomfield squad it is more than obvious now.  Certainly an unfortunate injury.  You have to hope that he will be ready to go for the post season.  With him they should win their sectional rather easily, but without him I think WRV has a real chance to upset them.  Of course the draws will play a part in it too.  Wrv is scrappy but just cant seem to make enough plays to get over the hump against the team. 

Last thing,  what has Eastern basketball become?  It sounds like it is a huge mess over there right now.  Coach Hudson is a good coach, but the frustration is evident in his comments in the paper.  I am not sure who he is trying to motivate or benefit by publicly making those comments. He is sending a message, but not sure it is toward the players.   That program has went downhill since Coach Igel left. It used to be loaded top to bottom, but that isn't the case anymore.  I think it is a total rebuild top to bottom to get back to where it once was.  Wonder what everyone else's thoughts are? 

The same could be said for Eastern's football program.  I can't say for sure, but was told it has something to do with certain parents.  If that is true, it's a shame the kids and their fans have to suffer because of certain adult egos.  As for basketball, I agree about the THS/Linton game last night.  It was obvious that THS wasn't the same team that the Miners faced in the Wabash Valley Classic.  I wasn't too surprised at the final score.  I was thinking around a 15 point win before the game started.  I just googled the new A.P. poll and see the Miners are voted in the #1 spot this week.  Shenandoah is #2 and Fort Wayne Blackhawk is #3.  Surprised that Ft. Wayne isn't #1.  They have the toughest SOS in 2A.  Thought maybe the Miners would be #2.  At any rate, I can never remember the Miners being ranked #1 in a basketball poll.  Football, yes.  Basketball, no.

Forgot to say congrats to the Lady Miners for their sectional win!  They are now playing Saturday in the regional and look to be the favorite.  If they win the regional on Saturday, it looks like they will get a rematch with Triton Central in the semi-state.  TC is #1 in the state and the Lady Miners are #4.  TC beat Linton earlier in the season.  If they meet in the semi-state, the Miners will get a shot at stopping TC's undefeated season as well as a slot in the final.  It's been a great season for basketball in Miner Country.

Edited by itiswhatitis

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

The same could be said for Eastern's football program.  I can't say for sure, but was told it has something to do with certain parents.  If that is true, it's a shame the kids and their fans have to suffer because of certain adult egos.  As for basketball, I agree about the THS/Linton game last night.  It was obvious that THS wasn't the same team that the Miners faced in the Wabash Valley Classic.  I wasn't too surprised at the final score.  I was thinking around a 15 point win before the game started.  I just googled the new A.P. poll and see the Miners are voted in the #1 spot this week.  Shenandoah is #2 and Fort Wayne Blackhawk is #3.  Surprised that Ft. Wayne isn't #1.  They have the toughest SOS in 2A.  Thought maybe the Miners would be #2.  At any rate, I can never remember the Miners being ranked #1 in a basketball poll.  Football, yes.  Basketball, no.

Both of those teams lost last week so it wasn't surprising that they got bumped down, but Blackhawk is clearly the best team in 2A and will be a handful for anyone.  I would expect Blackhawk to represent the north in the Finals.  Shendendoah is very good as well and very well coached.   This is actually the 2nd time the Miners have been ranked #1 this year.  They were #1 until their loss to TH North at the classic.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Both of those teams lost last week so it wasn't surprising that they got bumped down, but Blackhawk is clearly the best team in 2A and will be a handful for anyone.  I would expect Blackhawk to represent the north in the Finals.  Shendendoah is very good as well and very well coached.   This is actually the 2nd time the Miners have been ranked #1 this year.  They were #1 until their loss to TH North at the classic.

Yeah I knew they both lost but as I said, Blackhawk is really tough.  I agree they are the team to beat in 2A this year.  Heard a rumor that Hale is being looked at by some D-1 schools.  Oh I forgot about the Miners being ranked earlier in the season.  My bad.  Thanks for the "rebound",  Pops.  LOL  I just blame my forgetfulness on chemo brain.  

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Yeah I knew they both lost but as I said, Blackhawk is really tough.  I agree they are the team to beat in 2A this year.  Heard a rumor that Hale is being looked at by some D-1 schools.  Oh I forgot about the Miners being ranked earlier in the season.  My bad.  Thanks for the "rebound",  Pops.  LOL  I just blame my forgetfulness on chemo brain.  

It's all good.   Hale was being looked at by several D1 schools...mid major mostly and has committed to Indiana State.   

Eastern is basically a complete rebuild.  Coach Hudson has been around long enough to know this.  He inherited a feeder program with few bright spots.  Whether he should publicly state this is debatable.  Hard truths might be necessary to motivate people to recognize the problem. 

I'm not sure people realize the amount of quality people and coaches it takes to establish a feeder program.  When a program invest in their kids like that... paired with some improvement/success at the varsity level... you begin to see some of these kids move into your school district.

Lincoln will be fine at ISU.  He isn't at that upper D1 level... yet.  That isn't to say he might not get there in the next year or so.  You also have to figure in opportunity... I haven't looked at the Sycamore roster, but there may be an early opportunity to play.  Whether he is upper or mid D1, He is still expanding his game.  I'm sure he will be asked to get stronger.  The last year or two... he was primarily a shooter who occasionally went to the basket.  This year, he is taking the ball to the basket with authority.  His ball handling has improved and he has had moments where he is a capable passer.  Who knows where he will be this time next year.  Right now... I would say the physicality of an upper D1 program could be an obstacle.  When he has struggled it has been in two ways... athletic physical defenders and how to impact a game when he isn't hitting shots.  Defense may be another place to improve.  Regardless, he is one of the better kids to ever wear a Miner jersey.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greene County Coach said:

Eastern is basically a complete rebuild.  Coach Hudson has been around long enough to know this.  He inherited a feeder program with few bright spots.  Whether he should publicly state this is debatable.  Hard truths might be necessary to motivate people to recognize the problem. 

I'm not sure people realize the amount of quality people and coaches it takes to establish a feeder program.  When a program invest in their kids like that... paired with some improvement/success at the varsity level... you begin to see some of these kids move into your school district.

Lincoln will be fine at ISU.  He isn't at that upper D1 level... yet.  That isn't to say he might not get there in the next year or so.  You also have to figure in opportunity... I haven't looked at the Sycamore roster, but there may be an early opportunity to play.  Whether he is upper or mid D1, He is still expanding his game.  I'm sure he will be asked to get stronger.  The last year or two... he was primarily a shooter who occasionally went to the basket.  This year, he is taking the ball to the basket with authority.  His ball handling has improved and he has had moments where he is a capable passer.  Who knows where he will be this time next year.  Right now... I would say the physicality of an upper D1 program could be an obstacle.  When he has struggled it has been in two ways... athletic physical defenders and how to impact a game when he isn't hitting shots.  Defense may be another place to improve.  Regardless, he is one of the better kids to ever wear a Miner jersey.

Eastern is a rebuild for sure, but the way things have went over there with the football program and a few board members I would be very careful being public.  It does take a lot of good people and a lot of admin support to develop a K-12 program.  They used to have it and it can be rebuilt again. Coach Hudson is certainly capable of doing that.  

IMO Hale has only scratched the surface.  His game has continued to expand and he is beginning to grow into his body and become more physical.  I think more offers will come and he will go down has the all time leading scorer in Miner history with a slight chance to eclipse 2,000 pts. Can he play at a high major school? Right now, I don't think his game is there yet, but another year of getting better and stronger and a good summer of travel ball and he could turn some heads.  From all I know he is a great kid too and as a fan, that is what you want to see.