Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SWIAC 2019-20

55 minutes ago, shooter1 said:

I heard  a 5'6" kid guarded him last week and held him to 13 points, frustrating him into silly fouls?  Jus saying, before yall drool on the ground.  Linton vs everyone or Linton is everyone?  Sullivan is still upset he left.

People say they "hear" a lot of things.  Doesn't make them true.  I suppose you are connect to the Sullivan program and know first hand just how upset they are.  Didi you drop your spoon?

25 minutes ago, shooter1 said:

Box score in the paper showed the same as i heard.  Intersting huh?

Um, it was WRV?  He’s had plenty of good games against better teams *eye roll*
You seem .  . . upset?  I hope WRV survives, but with people like you around, I’ll not hold my breath. Especially since you’re not accepting transfers because you don’t believe in that kind of stuff. Oh, wait . . . 
Btw, Linton doesn’t have to beg people to come here, we’re just a better school than other options in the area, in academics, athletics, and maybe most importantly, financial stability. 

2 hours ago, shooter1 said:

You'll like linton!  LOL  Lots of great people there, a few with the arrogance to ruin it for many!  Not a great image to portray.  

Had to comment a few more times to make my first post cheaper. lol  

I'd still like to know how a WRV "guy" knows so much about Sullivan.  You keep avoiding that.  I think we're done here.

Experts are everywhere... 2nd and 3rd hand information qualifies these days.  I'm not an expert, but I'm confident my sources are a little more reliable than most.

I'm sick and tired of adults acting like children in this situation.  The kid isn't a pawn to get a coach fired (that is for the Coach Moore haters)... he isn't a sounding block to air your frustrations about perceived injustices.  He is a kid who chose to leave a school to attend another school.  The fact he is a good athlete may make him an easy target... doesn't mean he should be a target. 

I won't lie... Miners vs. Everyone wouldn't have been my choice for slogans.  Then again... It has been sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.  Lots of venom directed at Linton.  Seems to me that for some... a long look in the mirror would be more beneficial.    Take WRV... your feeder program was a joke for so long.  You had varsity coaches who didn't see the big picture... they were working with talent that they had no hand in developing.  Chased away talented players... Those same coaches failed to organize a viable feeder program.  Then you hired a used car salesman dressed as a teacher/coach... he chased away a few more players.  Sure... some classes had parents take the lead.  The senior class was able to flourish with little direction from the varsity staff as they came through the ranks.  Great parents pushed their boys to be better.  I think Floyd sees the big picture as far as developing younger talent.  Their feeder program is much improved.  Of course, I'm not sure he even sees himself as a X's and O's type of coach or the long term fix.  Eastern is where WRV was a couple years ago.  Linton may be vs. Everyone, but some schools should have shirts that read vs. Ourselves... they are their own worst enemy.  Their coaches, administrators, and even parents dropped the ball.

Now for that 5'6" kid from WRV... he is a bulldog.  A tough kid that has no quit.  I wish we had a Joe Records. Evan Slover and Joe were cut from the same mold.  WRV probably wishes he was a couple inches taller.  He and the Stienstra kid from Shakamak would be household names if they were a little taller.  Instead, Joe will keep playing hard and destroy people in his running career.  He got into Lincoln's head... No doubt.  Like I said, that is probably my biggest question mark for Hale at this point.  Great players figure out a way to impact the game.  1st half of the WRV game... He struggled to do that in a positive way.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shooter1 said:

I heard  a 5'6" kid guarded him last week and held him to 13 points, frustrating him into silly fouls?  Jus saying, before yall drool on the ground.  Linton vs everyone or Linton is everyone?  Sullivan is still upset he left.

First off,  Joe Records is a good athlete and a scrappy kid....always has been. Him holding Hale to 13 points, 6 rebounds and 4 steals (not sure on assist) is a good job I guess if it was a just a one on one game. Only problem is your taking a shot at a kid  when the fact is he didn't need to need score thirty when the scoring was as balanced as it was that night.  Nobody is losing any sleep in Linton worrying about Sullivan or any other school being upset. 

Wasn’t a shot, merely a response to the rest you all drooling.  Geez dude drop it. Lol

As for transfers, yes we all accept and invite, thanks to the state we all have to.  The problem exists much deeper than just transfers and that Is where and why rules exist within the ihsaa on transfers.  The problem is many believe everytime someone transfers that rules were broken. When a varsity roster of 15 and only 4 of those are homegrown you’ll like Linton kids, then people start talking.  Sullivan being upset might have more to do with the 8th grader than The other.  No clue, just know they are all torqued off and now everybody feels like it’s fun to despice Linton.  Which obviously they bring much of that on the themselves.  My 2 cents and it doesn’t buy much anymore.  Lol

29 minutes ago, shooter1 said:

Wasn’t a shot, merely a response to the rest you all drooling.  Geez dude drop it. Lol

As for transfers, yes we all accept and invite, thanks to the state we all have to.  The problem exists much deeper than just transfers and that Is where and why rules exist within the ihsaa on transfers.  The problem is many believe everytime someone transfers that rules were broken. When a varsity roster of 15 and only 4 of those are homegrown you’ll like Linton kids, then people start talking.  Sullivan being upset might have more to do with the 8th grader than The other.  No clue, just know they are all torqued off and now everybody feels like it’s fun to despice Linton.  Which obviously they bring much of that on the themselves.  My 2 cents and it doesn’t buy much anymore.  Lol

How does Linton bring it on themselves?  By being good and well-coached when schools had been used to beating up on them?  Rules were not broken and there is no recruiting-not even at the elementary level which is when most of them transferred. But people around here don’t care about that. They just want to be mad and jealous and listen to rumors. I heard the other day we’ve got transfers from Bloomington South, Bedford, and Indy coming in lol. Coach is gonna be broke taking all those kids to King’s Island and putting them up in his house (more rumors)!

4 hours ago, shooter1 said:

No drooling here....You never heard me say Hale was all world.   As for transfers, when we get a HS kid move in here like they did at Barr Reeve, then the IHSAA rules can apply.  Until then, everyone can hate on the Miners all they want, because it won't matter.  As for Sullivan, yeah the 8th grader is why Moore is upset now, but it goes a little deeper than that when you talk Linton/Sullivan.

Wow. Some vitriol in here. I have great respect for Linton and Sullivan. Both have dominated us recently. I respect both Moore and Hart. I remember watching Hart coach at Turkey Run while I was growing up. It's good to see Linton competitive in basketball. I have no dog in this fight but I now see what people mean when they say the Linton/Sullivan rivalry is very rough.

100+ years of a rivalry hasn't helped the situation, but that has always primarily been about football.  Oddly, that rivalry has a level of mutual respect that hasn't been there in awhile.  Sullivan's football coach is a former Linton QB and coach.  Also, the 8th grader in question played football against Sullivan this past fall without incident... no cheap shots... just hard hitting football.  A credit to both teams.  This is primarily a basketball issue.  The core of the issue is worth discussion, but the people interested in stoking the fire for their own advancement or enjoyment has distorted the main issue.  

There are about 4 kids dressing varsity who have always went to Linton.  Of course , it is a little more complicated than that. This is just off of the of my head... I'm thinking 11 of the 21  in grades 9-12 have always went to Linton... the rest moved between 5th and 8th grade.  4 moved after Dugger closed... 3 came from Bloomfield prior to JH/HS.  3 came from other schools, but physically moved into the school district.  To assume some of these kids moved for basketball is not accurate.  The Dugger kids had far deeper reasons to move... I'm guessing at least one moved for a different sport.  Others felt like they had more academic options at Linton.  Truthfully, I think you can say maybe 3 or 4 moved just for basketball related reasons.  Of those... some came from below average teams where they lost a lot of games.  

Marshall comes in tonight... I think they have 20+ wins.  Should be a good test for the Miners.

15 hours ago, Greene County Coach said:

100+ years of a rivalry hasn't helped the situation, but that has always primarily been about football.  Oddly, that rivalry has a level of mutual respect that hasn't been there in awhile.  Sullivan's football coach is a former Linton QB and coach.  Also, the 8th grader in question played football against Sullivan this past fall without incident... no cheap shots... just hard hitting football.  A credit to both teams.  This is primarily a basketball issue.  The core of the issue is worth discussion, but the people interested in stoking the fire for their own advancement or enjoyment has distorted the main issue.  

There are about 4 kids dressing varsity who have always went to Linton.  Of course , it is a little more complicated than that. This is just off of the of my head... I'm thinking 11 of the 21  in grades 9-12 have always went to Linton... the rest moved between 5th and 8th grade.  4 moved after Dugger closed... 3 came from Bloomfield prior to JH/HS.  3 came from other schools, but physically moved into the school district.  To assume some of these kids moved for basketball is not accurate.  The Dugger kids had far deeper reasons to move... I'm guessing at least one moved for a different sport.  Others felt like they had more academic options at Linton.  Truthfully, I think you can say maybe 3 or 4 moved just for basketball related reasons.  Of those... some came from below average teams where they lost a lot of games.  

Marshall comes in tonight... I think they have 20+ wins.  Should be a good test for the Miners.

Where did the Marshall game come from?  It wasn't on the schedule.  I see the Miners won by 15.

It was added last week in place of the Sullivan game. Marshall was 22-5 coming in, so they’re pretty good.  Miners came out and played really well the first half. Best defense I think I’ve seen them play. They had them down 21 at the half.  We let down the second half and they got to within 5. Final was 69-54. Hale 29, Hart 15. 

With last night’s win, the Miners are now 20-2 and clinched their 8th straight 20-win season. That’s never been done before in Indiana history. 

41 minutes ago, Leftyshooter4 said:

It was added last week in place of the Sullivan game. Marshall was 22-5 coming in, so they’re pretty good.  Miners came out and played really well the first half. Best defense I think I’ve seen them play. They had them down 21 at the half.  We let down the second half and they got to within 5. Final was 69-54. Hale 29, Hart 15. 

With last night’s win, the Miners are now 20-2 and clinched their 8th straight 20-win season. That’s never been done before in Indiana history. 

Never in Indiana history or Linton history?  They should end up 22 and 2.  These last 2 games against North Central and West Vigo should be fairly easy wins.

7 hours ago, Leftyshooter4 said:

Indiana

Wow, impressive.  I read an article in the Indy Star about the Triton Central girls team.  This is the 7th year in a row they have won at least 20 games.  The reporter interviewed a couple of team members.  They sounded a bit overconfident.  One comment was, "if we are favored by 30, we want to win by 40".  Yet that same girl said they don't worry about games.  The same girl said, "we have been favored by 30 and only win by 15 and have to hear about it from the entire school."  The other girl said, "winning a state title is our only goal."  Anything less and it will be like a failure."   I hope the Miners jump on them early, give them a bloody nose and let's see what they really have.  That 2 - 3 zone the Miners have been using in the tournament has served them well.  Also the trapping defense they use when the other team is bringing the ball up the floor after a made shot.  Triton central is an experienced team.  Not sure how many seniors they have.   I know the Miners have none.  The winner of this game should win the title.  The other half of the semi-state isn't as strong as TC or Linton.  So in my eyes, tomorrow's game is the actual title game.  The Miners are already historic with their regional title.  It would be EPIC if they win tomorrow and go on to win State.  That would just be off the charts!

9 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Never in Indiana history or Linton history?  They should end up 22 and 2.  These last 2 games against North Central and West Vigo should be fairly easy wins.

Wouldn't overlook WV if I were you. Almost beat Linton in the Classic and WV wasn't full strength. They are now and now they're rolling. Their record isn't indicative of how they can play.

1 hour ago, wvigo13 said:

Wouldn't overlook WV if I were you. Almost beat Linton in the Classic and WV wasn't full strength. They are now and now they're rolling. Their record isn't indicative of how they can play.

I don't think our definition of "rolling" is the same.  West Vigo is on a 2 game winning streak with wins over Clay City and Cloverdale, not exactly basketball powers.  Prior to that the Vikings had a 4 game losing streak.  One of those losses was to Marshall, Illinois (66 - 54) a team Linton beat just last night (69 - 54).  And speaking of the Wabash Valley Classic, Linton beat West Vigo 68 - 61.  They also beat THS 56 - 54.  And, speaking of THS, on February 11th, Linton beat them 80 - 56.   3 days later on the 14th, that same THS team beat West Vigo in overtime, 53 - 49.  That was just last week, so I'm not seeing how West Vigo is rolling.  By the way, Linton is favored to win by 20 over the Vikings.

14 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I don't think our definition of "rolling" is the same.  West Vigo is on a 2 game winning streak with wins over Clay City and Cloverdale, not exactly basketball powers.  Prior to that the Vikings had a 4 game losing streak.  One of those losses was to Marshall, Illinois (66 - 54) a team Linton beat just last night (69 - 54).  And speaking of the Wabash Valley Classic, Linton beat West Vigo 68 - 61.  They also beat THS 56 - 54.  And, speaking of THS, on February 11th, Linton beat them 80 - 56.   3 days later on the 14th, that same THS team beat West Vigo in overtime, 53 - 49.  That was just last week, so I'm not seeing how West Vigo is rolling.  By the way, Linton is favored to win by 20 over the Vikings.

That's your opinion. I have mine. You can look at past games if you want but it means nothing. Every game is different.

Edited by wvigo13

59 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

That's your opinion. I have mine. You can look at past games if you want but it means nothing. Every game is different.

I wasn't stating an opinion, just facts.  You say your guys are rolling.  That is your opinion which you are entitled to.  They have a 2 game winning streak.  Linton is on a 13 game winning streak, but I won't say Linton is "rolling".  And those wins are facts and NOT my opinion.  Past games mean nothing ONLY when someone is trying to get their opinion recognized.  I deal in facts and reality.  You say you are at full strength now.  How long has that been?  Just the past 2 games?  And to say you are rolling due to beating Clay City and Cloverdale?  Your opinion doesn't have much basis in that regard.  VERY small and weak sample size.  I can agree that every game is different, but I don't agree that past games mean nothing.   In your mind if past games mean nothing, then I guess I can see how you can just ignore the fact that THS beat you in overtime and 3 days prior Linton beat them by 24.  And that was just last week!  So your guys are rolling for one week???  The facts don't support your opinion.  But hey, I'll give you some credit for being a true, blue homer.  "Rah, rah, rah.  Our guys can beat your guys".  Reality is such a bitter disappoint for those who tend to wear rose colored glasses.  

Lol. Not once did I say we'd beat Linton. That's a FACT. I said don't overlook West Vigo. We've won 2 in a row. That's a FACT. Not an opinion. And you obviously missed where I said they're fully healthy now. Also a FACT. Not once did I say I expect WV to win. But you go off lol.