Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SWIAC 2019-20

Does anyone know if the Linton game will be on the radio?  Since they are limiting who can be there, will that "75" include the broadcast team?  I wrote a post and it seems to have been deleted.  I asked how do they know that the team members, coaching staff and the family members won't be infected?  If they are truly serious about this, they should cancel it totally.  A very sad situation indeed.

3 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Does anyone know if the Linton game will be on the radio?  Since they are limiting who can be there, will that "75" include the broadcast team?  I wrote a post and it seems to have been deleted.  I asked how do they know that the team members, coaching staff and the family members won't be infected?  If they are truly serious about this, they should cancel it totally.  A very sad situation indeed.

Not sure if you saw or not, but it is now postponed indefinitely which I guess is better than cancelled at this point.  We will see how it all plays out. 

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

Not sure if you saw or not, but it is now postponed indefinitely which I guess is better than cancelled at this point.  We will see how it all plays out. 

Thanks pops!  No I didn't see anything about it.  Am sad they had to suspend it but in light of the situation, it's the right decision.  Maybe in another month this will have blown over and things can resume.

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Thanks pops!  No I didn't see anything about it.  Am sad they had to suspend it but in light of the situation, it's the right decision.  Maybe in another month this will have blown over and things can resume.

I will be very surprised if they try to restart this.  My guess is that hoops are over for this year.   Most of the first games for springs sports usually start the first week of April. IF all goes well and we get back to normal in three weeks (which I doubt) then spring sports athletes still have to get their 10 practices in which will push them back to Mid April.  If the BB tourney is still in play then those teams will have to be given a week or two to practice and get ready which will impact all the dual sport athletes in basketball that play spring sports. Then when they are done they will have to get their ten practices in. For Seniors this is disappointing.  It will be a mess.   The whole thing is unfortunate but I believe it was necessary.  

Guess I will stream some old ESPN Classic games again.

Athletes bouncing from one sport to the other only need 5 practices...  I think Track, Baseball, and Softball already started practices... They probably only need 5 or less.  I could see the IHSAA waiving some of those conditions. 

We are still in limbo on the basketball tournament.  I doubt Bobby Cox wants to go out as the guy who didn't have the tournament played... then again... it might be out of the IHSAA's hands if we don't get back to some level of normal by April 6th.