Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Elkhart High School

I think the program should be really good.  One of the top 10 biggest schools in the state, good demographic for football, only real competition (size wise) is Penn.  No reason they shouldn't be a top team year in and year out.  

Now, from what I'm hearing, they basically have their minds set on the Central coach who is ten games below .500 for his career and (I believe) has never won a championship.  I think he's done a good job at Central but I have to believe there would be many big time coaches interested in this job.  

We just played them, and I was impressed with (as I've been in the past) with Plymouth. From what I understand, his last son is now through the program.  Would John Barron ever be interested in making a move?   I would think the guy at Central is in the "drivers seat" for the job, he has done some great things there......., but Barron would be a big name.   Guy knows the area, could probably dig up a staff better than someone from far away, lots of consistent success to his name, etc. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:02 AM, nlc123 said:

I think the program should be really good.  One of the top 10 biggest schools in the state, good demographic for football, only real competition (size wise) is Penn.  No reason they shouldn't be a top team year in and year out.  

Now, from what I'm hearing, they basically have their minds set on the Central coach who is ten games below .500 for his career and (I believe) has never won a championship.  I think he's done a good job at Central but I have to believe there would be many big time coaches interested in this job.  

Shattuck took an 0-10 Seymour team and turned them into 8-4 in 4 years (with really nothing to work with). Prior to that, coached up in Michigan with the same scenario with same result. He's a good one, but yes he is "young". I'm looking forward to see what he can do.

Elkhart and Penn to the Duneland for football only

The DAC is having a great year, with two teams in the semi state and a former member also in the final four.  Time to deal from a position of strength.  

Elkhart has long been a hotbed of talent. At Central however, the coaching has lacked at points. Shattuck took a 2-8 Central program to 4-6 in his first year, then 6-6 his second, and 9-3 his third. He's young, his coaching staff is young, but he's shown enough signs that he can be a longterm leader of the program. There is promise, there is D1 talent, and the talent pool just doubled in size. I truly believe Shattuck needs to be the guy because we could be looking at another Coach Kurth situation that could bring multiple state titles over the years. Exciting times ahead for the Elkhart High School BLAZERS... but it must be with Shattuck, in my opinion. What do I know though lol. 

• Like 1

As it should of been:   Coach Shattuck officially hired today to lead the newly consolidated Elkhart 

https://www.953mnc.com/2019/12/02/the-new-elkhart-high-school-has-a-football-coach/#:~:targetText=The soon-to-be unified,the team beginning in 2020.

The soon-to-be unified Elkhart High School has named its head football coach.

Monday, it was announced that Elkhart Central High School coach Josh Shattuck will take the helm of the team beginning in 2020.

21 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

How does CE get these 1 game deals and get them to come to Columbus?

I’m guessing that would be a question that you would need to direct to Pete Huse.... 

8 minutes ago, Lysander said:

It’s the architecture....

DUH! Somebody gets it 😂

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Just curious for statistical purposes, will this be a continuation of the athletic teams of Elkhart Central or is it the start of a completely new program?

This is suppose to be a completely new program. The merger will create a "new" Elkhart High School. Grades 10-12 will attend the old Memorial building. Central will house the freshman center. 

I guess the question would be is this a continuation of the "old" Elkhart High School? The schools split in 1972.

11 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Will we start to see multiple districts/townships with two schools, consolidating their schools to save money? I can think of Lawrence and Perry Townships that could start doing this.

through the years Michigan City, Kokomo, Anderson have combined schools.  Larger cites have combined.  With fewer students and being financially responsible yes it could be the new wave.

25 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Rust belt cities. 

Bingo - or cities that relied on the car industry

and who knows what will happen in South Bend

Ft Wayne did close Elmhurst few years back

Gary schools almost all gone

Hammond going from 4 - 2