Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 13 Scores and Updates - 2019 Regional Championships

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Homestead needs to throw and do hurry up

Homestead was toast the minute I saw the size of Carmel’s O-Line compared to Homestead’s front 7. Homestead’s D could only handle it for a bout a quarter in a half. I enjoyed watching the Homestead offense.m this year. Great group of skill talent. 

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

NCC>Hoosier

Yeah, I chuckled a little when people were crowning Cass after beating West Lafayette and then Pioneer in Sectionals. Andrean at the 2A level is kind of a joke. Similar to basketball. An NWI collection of talent against small rural communities? I’ll give Andrean the edge most of the time. Next week will be tough. Eastbrook is a consistently dominate program. They‘ll give Andrean all they can handle.

I was at the Merrillville - Warsaw game. The Tigers came out and went up 14-0 in the first quarter. But Merrillville had too much size and, especially, speed. They are very fast. But, if they don’t clean up the penalty situation, they won’t be able to compete against Carmel. The Pirates have had over 40 accepted penalties against them in their last 3 games.

8 minutes ago, psaboy said:

And Snider has beaten them 4 times, last time on 2004 I believe, so it has been awhile.

Yes, too long. But it's going to get harder before it gets easier. Snider's enrollment seems to be getting smaller. Down around 400 students over the last couple of decades.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Yes, too long. But it's going to get harder before it gets easier. Snider's enrollment seems to be getting smaller. Down around 400 students over the last couple of decades.

Yeah, I think they will spend more time in 5A than 6A, occasionally bumping up to 6A after success at 5A level., though it seems like 5A is getting tougher as well.