Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A South Semi-State : Bloomington South @ New Palestine

Predict any matchup only has new pal as a 22 point favorite. That i believe is before the sagarin ratings updated the final of np cathedral. I would think it will only go up  more.  And i would also think that keeping within 22 points of new pal would be  difficult in itself.  We will play the game anyways.  Big win for new pal over cathedral. Too bad new pal  isnt in 6a i think they possibly would win the 6 a title this year. 

6 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Predict any matchup only has new pal as a 22 point favorite. That i believe is before the sagarin ratings updated the final of np cathedral. I would think it will only go up  more.  And i would also think that keeping within 22 points of new pal would be  difficult in itself.  We will play the game anyways.  Big win for new pal over cathedral. Too bad new pal  isnt in 6a i think they possibly would win the 6 a title this year. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe during the next cycle of reclassifications, New Pal will jump to 6A. 

35 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe during the next cycle of reclassifications, New Pal will jump to 6A. 

No, it's a 2 year cycle and this is the 1st year.  Last nights win I believe guarantees New Pal will stay up in 5A at minimum for the next cycle.  

1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

No, it's a 2 year cycle and this is the 1st year.  Last nights win I believe guarantees New Pal will stay up in 5A at minimum for the next cycle.  

If I am correct and New Palestine wins State this year, then next year winning a Regional would bump them up to 6A. I believe those 2 things would give them 6 points. is my math correct @dmizers3 and @Olympian06.

IMO, in order for South to win this game, they will need to play a mistake-free game, while getting some key turnovers and timely penalties against New Pal. New Pal is clearly on a different level from other 5A teams this season, and it will take a game like that. Having said that, with the exception of South's game against TH South, South has had a propensity to commit big penalties this season, especially of the 15-yard variety, and they will need to clean that up. They did do that in the 2nd half of the FC game. If they can get Maveric Thiery going and control the clock on the ground, they might have a punchers' chance in this game. Going on the road doesn't help much either, although I think that home field advantage in the sport of football may be a bit overrated.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Harrell's site has New Pal winning the game by 39 points. If I was a betting person, I would say that New Pal won't cover that spread.

1 hour ago, ptr said:

Harrell's site has New Pal winning the game by 39 points. If I was a betting person, I would say that New Pal won't cover that spread.

I think New Pal wins by 28-32 points. But wouldn’t surprise me if they won by more. They are just better than any other team in the state regardless of class. 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

Any sprawl in Morgan County?  

Asking for a friend...

The population of Morgan County is tricky given 40,000 or so are students. Then the county line is so close to Greene and Brown counties, most of the growth I saw was on the west side close to the Greene County line along I-69/SR-37. My observation visiting last year. 

I think eventually Southside Indy sprawl will reach Martinsville and then Bloomington. (Yes I know the sprawl comments were in jest) 

22 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I think New Pal wins by 28-32 points. But wouldn’t surprise me if they won by more. They are just better than any other team in the state regardless of class. 

Appreciate your positive comments. You show up for the game and I'll buy your ticket. You'll find us at the top roll of the 50 year line. We have sat there for the last seven years.

I'll meet you outside at a specified time and location.

2 hours ago, ptr said:

IMO, in order for South to win this game, they will need to play a mistake-free game, while getting some key turnovers and timely penalties against New Pal. New Pal is clearly on a different level from other 5A teams this season, and it will take a game like that. Having said that, with the exception of South's game against TH South, South has had a propensity to commit big penalties this season, especially of the 15-yard variety, and they will need to clean that up. They did do that in the 2nd half of the FC game. If they can get Maveric Thiery going and control the clock on the ground, they might have a punchers' chance in this game. Going on the road doesn't help much either, although I think that home field advantage in the sport of football may be a bit overrated.

You can play your perfect game. Heck, you can bring Rex Grossman back to QB. It won’t get you within 35 of the Alabama of Indiana high school football. There are absolutely no keys or scenarios that would allow BS to win this game.

1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

You can play your perfect game. Heck, you can bring Rex Grossman back to QB. It won’t get you within 35 of the Alabama of Indiana high school football. There are absolutely no keys or scenarios that would allow BS to win this game.

And that’s not saying that South is a bad team. That’s just saying New Pal is a different animal. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

After rex won mr football picked apart every current mic team he played and went to two straight  largest at the time 5a class state title games  going on to finish 2nd in the heisman and play NFL football he still couldn't pull south within 35 of newpalbama? 

4 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

After rex won mr football picked apart every current mic team he played and went to two straight  largest at the time 5a class state title games  going on to finish 2nd in the heisman and play NFL football he still couldn't pull south within 35 of newpalbama? 

Yeah because he’s a little old now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ptr said:

I think Myron has rode this horse as far as he could possibly take it this year. 

4 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

This game feels like the Castle semistate game at New Pal in 2015.  I'll say 49-14 Dragons. 

9 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

If I am correct and New Palestine wins State this year, then next year winning a Regional would bump them up to 6A. I believe those 2 things would give them 6 points. is my math correct @dmizers3 and @Olympian06.

Precisely