Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A South Semi-State : Bloomington South @ New Palestine

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

You can play your perfect game. Heck, you can bring Rex Grossman back to QB. It won’t get you within 35 of the Alabama of Indiana high school football. There are absolutely no keys or scenarios that would allow BS to win this game.

As a fan, I have to have at least some positive thoughts. However, I think J.R. Holmes will get some of his basketball players back after this game of which several are on the team, and that's a team which is a threat for the 4A title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ptr said:

As a fan, I have to have at least some positive thoughts. However, I think J.R. Holmes will get some of his basketball players back after this game of which several are on the team, and that's a team which is a threat for the 4A title.

Is there a preseason ranking? South Culver should be interesting with Galloway and leal  both signed to iu .

7 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Is there a preseason ranking? South Culver should be interesting with Galloway and leal  both signed to iu .

South is going to be outstanding this year. As they normally are. Looking forward to catching a few of there games. You attend the basketball games? 

12 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

South is going to be outstanding this year. As they normally are. Looking forward to catching a few of there games. You attend the basketball games? 

Very few. Maybe 2 or 3 at the most

Then if they make it to semi state or state I like to try and go regionals at Seymour are always nice their gym is great 

59 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I don't think they have come out with the preseason polls yet, but South, as well as some other teams,  opens their season on Nov 26. The South/Culver game should be pretty good with each team having an IU recruit. That game at Southport is part of a one-day tournament involving several pretty good teams that have high profile recruits and recruiting prospects.

Edited by ptr

Sort of telling here we are on a football thread talking about our basketball team.   Going to be rough.  Few years back castle was mauled at new pal then the two years in a row over cg seems like the only teams to hang with the dragons  were c east and snider and zionsville during their down year . Just insane what they have been able to do. 

2 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Sort of telling here we are on a football thread talking about our basketball team.   Going to be rough.  Few years back castle was mauled at new pal then the two years in a row over cg seems like the only teams to hang with the dragons  were c east and snider and zionsville during their down year . Just insane what they have been able to do. 

CE has given  New Pal 2 of there 4 loses, it would have been 3 but CE blew a 14 point lead in 2014 in the 4th quarter and New PAL hung like 80 on whoever repped the north. East 2 loses to New Pal have been by a combined 12 points. New Pal’s 4 loses are 2 to East, 1 to Snider, 1 to Zionsville. It’s incredible. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ptr said:

As a fan, I have to have at least some positive thoughts. 

You know this game is similar to the miracle in paradise game in one aspect. In 83 castle was on a 20 some odd game winning streak and nationally ranked and defending champs.  However the south team In 83  came into that game undefeated.   Miracle in New Palestine sounds  good tho . . . . .     .  .. ..    😃

On 11/16/2019 at 7:39 AM, FastpacedO said:

If I am correct and New Palestine wins State this year, then next year winning a Regional would bump them up to 6A. I believe those 2 things would give them 6 points. is my math correct @dmizers3 and @Olympian06.

Yes. 6 rounds of the tournament (so a state + regional or two semistates in a two-year span) would bump them up to 6A. 

As of now, NP is guaranteed to be in 5A through at least the 2022 season. By then, given the way the New Palestine school district is exploding in population,  NP might be 5A by enrollment (neighboring Mt. Vernon will be, too, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Pendleton Heights join them). 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 5:46 AM, dmizers3 said:

No, it's a 2 year cycle and this is the 1st year.  Last nights win I believe guarantees New Pal will stay up in 5A at minimum for the next cycle.  

I know what it takes to move up to 6a. However, I’m not sure what the requirements are to stay in 5a do you know? 

1 hour ago, Martinsville Fan said:

B South stands no chance in this one, they only scored 6 points on a martinsville team that struggled mightly on defense and Franklin Community scored 60+ points on that same Martinsville team. 

Week 2 for bhss was clearly not very. meaningful to bhss. The way the arties reacted they seemed to have won their super bowl.    2018  bhss lost to the arties in reg season handily same thing in 2013 the arties blew the panthers out week 2 come sectional time in both 2013 and 2018 the panthers ended the arties season.  Great win week 2 for the ville but south seems to be prepping for the tourney working out the  kinks in the regular season.

However the panthers are up against it this week for sure 

1 hour ago, Martinsville Fan said:

B South stands no chance in this one, they only scored 6 points on a martinsville team that struggled mightly on defense and Franklin Community scored 60+ points on that same Martinsville team. 

I would say South has vastly improved since Week 2. I wouldn’t say that’s the reason they stand no chance. New Pal is just far superior in all facets of the game. No shame to South, because New Pal is superior in majority phases of the game than 99% of the teams in Indiana. Just a well oiled machine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I would say South has vastly improved since Week 2. I wouldn’t say that’s the reason they stand no chance. New Pal is just far superior in all facets of the game. No shame to South, because New Pal is superior in majority phases of the game than 99% of the teams in Indiana. Just a well oiled machine. 

I'm never going to take a Mo Moriarity-coached team lightly. And that was the first thing Coach Ralph said to us on our postgame when we brought it up - Mo is a great coach who has been successful at the HS level and coached in the Big Ten. They've gotten to know each other fairly well recently. BHSS is in the semistate for a reason. Very good running game. They're going to be well-prepared. I would expect NP will be, too. Coach Ralph is extremely detail-oriented and his players buy in. 

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I’m just of the opinion, why not raise NP’s hand? Waste of everybody’s time and effort to continue playing forward. No sense in watching something you know whats going to happen. Anyone with me here? Why even continue with this ridiculous thread? 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

11 hours ago, southend said:

Temptation ? What is the sense?

Not sure why I was singled out for having a similar opinion as others.  Respect Mo and the Bloomington South program but I just don't like their chances Friday night.  That's all.

Bhss defensive  strengths are it's rushing defense. Obviously that is good considering we have to face the all time leading state rusher.   Watching new pals games that are on youtube  they don't have many weaknesses.  Souths d line has some  MIC sized kids on it  but so did cathedral and obviously center grove.   I'm just amazed at how new pal plays the game . They  truly are a well oiled machine.  Make a mistake here and there and you will get burned, then it is like a snowball rolling downhill the points just keep piling up.

When it comes down to it  i keep saying it but im not sure south has the commitment to football that new pal does.  Every since mo left south in 2002 souths basketball program stole the show, would have been nice to have seen this match-up during a different south football era.   All you can do is believe your going to win and go up there and play the game which im sure coach mo and the staff will have the team ready.     Whew NP may be one of the best teams in the midwest!