Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A South Semi-State : Bloomington South @ New Palestine

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

I should have been more descriptive. I was talking about pre playoff era or close to that time period when the playoff started. I remember reading a postgame article from the bloomington paper from the 60's or so saying almost the same thing i said about  how schools up north claim they play the toughest brand of football.    Also i should have mentioned i was mainly talking about big school football.   Which is true . Big school football south of columbus is for the most part non existent

That’s probably true.  But there aren’t many 5A or 6A schools in the southern part of the state.  Columbus has 2 schools in 6A — and I don’t think there are any south of there.  There are only about 6 or 7 5A schools down south.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Yikes.  Not sure where Bloomington South would have fit in the HHC, but it would definitely have been in the bottom half.  I will say this, Thierry ran hard.

Whoa.

6 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Yikes.  Not sure where Bloomington South would have fit in the HHC, but it would definitely have been in the bottom half.  I will say this, Thierry ran hard.

Sagarin has bhss ranked the third best team in the hhc ratings wise trailing delta by three ratings points.   Bhss at times played well vs new pal and their running game. Just saw the stats and edited this post. 0 Passing yards for NP. The running game was clicking so no need to throw it i guess, 0-2 passing . Spegal broke the big plays like he does vs any team,  sort of snowballed from there .   But  I highly doubt over the course of a regular season schedule that bhss is losing to  many teams in that conference. The panthers didnt look good last night   for sure, i think they spent what they had this season just winning a regional . Didn't bring much to the table vs NP. . Outbalanced Outmanned  Outeverythinged pretty much.  Bottom half of the hhc probably not. 

Edited by MuleDriver

6 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Guess all i needed to say was the 4th best team in the hhc is 11 sagarin ratings points below bhss. I realize sagarin is not always correct  and New Pal knows football obviously.  Anyways  congrats to the dragons. 

I don't know, but New Pal is on another level than any other team in the state. They would win the 6A title. You have a public school with less than 1,200 students based on the current enrollment numbers, and they would dominate Carmel with an enrollment approaching 10,000 (an obvious exaggeration.) Congrats to them for a dominate game.

6 hours ago, ptr said:

I don't know, but New Pal is on another level than any other team in the state. They would win the 6A title. You have a public school with less than 1,200 students based on the current enrollment numbers, and they would dominate Carmel with an enrollment approaching 10,000 (an obvious exaggeration.) Congrats to them for a dominate game.

TWO obvious exaggerations...wouldn’t “dominate” Carmel by any means.

11 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

I'm not sure NP would dominate Carmel, but it would be a competitive game. 

Same with Valpo-Carmel (which was a competitive game last year). And NP did beat the other 6A finalist 28-9. 

Yeah, I knew my use of "dominate" would be somewhat controversial, but I believe they would beat Carmel by at least a couple of scores, and when you are at this point in the playoffs, that would be a significant margin against other extremely good teams. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

38 minutes ago, ptr said:

Yeah, I knew my use of "dominate" would be somewhat controversial, but I believe they would beat Carmel by at least a couple of scores, and when you are at this point in the playoffs, that would be a significant margin against other extremely good teams. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

No way.