Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A South Semi State: Mt. Vernon(Fortville) @ #3Memorial

4 hours ago, tango said:

Are there any other IN HS fields/stadiums that have covered seating?  I'm not aware of any... 

Batesville's Home stands are covered but they are not as nice or big as the home stands at Enlow.  I believe the covered stands at Batesville have been around since the late 80's?  Maybe @Coffin K9 can give you a more accurate date?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Art VanDelay said:

Batesville's Home stands are covered but they are not as nice or big as the home stands at Enlow.  I believe the covered stands at Batesville have been around since the late 80's?  Maybe @Coffin K9 can give you a more accurate date?

Pretty sure they existed when I competed there in the mid-late 70s...memory is a little tricky, though.  My one clear Batesville memory involves their old track coach....Ron Raver.

How is the OL for Fortville? Mooresville’s was possibly the best EM has faced all year and EM pushed them around with no trouble. EM strength has been stopping the run and forcing teams to throw. Very little success for any team throwing with Combs and Johnson coming off the edges.

Edited by Screagle

2 minutes ago, Screagle said:

How is the OL for Fortville? Mooresville’s was possibly the best EM has faced all year and EM pushed them around with no trouble. EM strength has been stopping the run and forcing teams to throw. Very little success for any team throwing with Combs and Johnson coming off the edges.

I've heard they are smaller than Mooresville's O Line, but uses 2 QBs for certain situations 

3 minutes ago, Tiger391 said:

They are quick totally different from Mooresville. Why wasn't MV fort ranked in top at the end of the year? 

I know they played New Pal and Delta, but I believe they were seen with not a great SOS

Edited by TigerFan20

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I've heard they are smaller than Mooresville's O Line, but uses 2 QBs for certain situations 

Whose O-line isn’t smaller than Mooresville’s?

I’m half-joking.  I know there are some bigguns out there these days.  But that team has some beef.

10 hours ago, Screagle said:

I wouldn't say that EM pushed Mooresville's line around with no trouble. I would say that Combs utilized his speed and quickness with inside-outside or outside-inside moves. The Tigers DC also did a good job using twists and stunts to try and create gaps to attack. 

Not sure what game you watched. Very few stunts and the two DE’s lived in the backfield. 8 TFL 4 sacks. Combs and Johnson dominated all night. EM sent 4 most the night because that’s all they was needed. 

Edited by Screagle

46 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Not sure what game you watched. Very few stunts and the two DE’s lived in the backfield. 8 TFL 4 sacks. Combs and Johnson dominated all night. EM sent 4 most the night because that’s all they was needed. 

Just because a DE is in the backfield doesn't mean they pushed the Offensive Line around with no trouble. Just because there were 8 TFL's (4 sacks) doesn't mean they pushed the Offensive Line around with no trouble. It wasn't a statement to put down Evansville Memorial Defensive Line or Defense so you don't have to get defensive. It was actually a compliment that they had a great game plan utilizing the speed they had and not letting a big O-line get hands on and a push.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tiger391 said:

Other than New pal I think EM has played the tougher schedule and with this group of 21 seniors they are 37-3 since they were sophomores. MV only has 6 seniors. That could be the game changer. 

That means nothing.  Mt. Vernon has played 14 games in 2019.  They are no longer young. 

• Like 1

MV will have to avoid turnovers ( unlike Mooresville) and complete some long passes on offense.  Marauders have overall good team quickness and play pretty solid in the secondary. MV is very vulnerable to Memorial screen game because they bring LB's on a regular basis. No team is more effective than the Tigers with the screen game. The Tigers will need to run the ball in the November conditions, and will call on Combs to do so.