Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semistates: Need a recommendation

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

I’m going to be in Bloomington for a meeting next Friday, and would like to catch a semistate game on the way home to the Region. Which one should I attend, and why?

New Pal so you can see the best player in the state, with also the best team in the state. Pure discipline and hard hitting for 4 quarters. 

56 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I’m going to be in Bloomington for a meeting next Friday, and would like to catch a semistate game on the way home to the Region. Which one should I attend, and why?

I’d say leave your meeting early enough to get back home and catch the Valpo / Dwenger game. That’s looking to be the best matchup next week.. Valpo is a very complete team, offense - defense - special teams ( if needed)

Just looking at the map your only 2 real options that make sense with your route are 

Ben Davis at Center Grove 

Bloomington South at New Pal my 2nd choice 

Slightly out of your way

Merrilliville at Carmel - my 1st choice  

Heritage Hills / Lawrenceburg at Danville 

1 hour ago, Ryan11p said:

Just looking at the map your only 2 real options that make sense with your route are 

Slightly out of your way

I don't see Merrillville doing any better than Homestead.

Hard to beat Center Grove as a place to see a ball game. But I’ve been there before. I’d like to hear what New Pal has to offer in terms of concessions and maybe even some GID tailgaters. 🍔🌭🌮

I probably won’t make a final decision until I see which officiating crews get assigned. I’d like to see a crew that I know I won’t see at LOS, since I’m going to be at both days of the Finals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I don't see Merrillville doing any better than Homestead.

Just saw Merrillville last night. They have the size and speed to compete with Carmel. But they commit too many penalties. You can’t give away 100 yds via penalties against the Greyhounds.

5 hours ago, BoomBoomMcGee said:

I’d say leave your meeting early enough to get back home and catch the Valpo / Dwenger game. That’s looking to be the best matchup next week.. Valpo is a very complete team, offense - defense - special teams ( if needed)

Giving this serious consideration. Plus, they love me at Valpo. 😉

4 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

Slightly out of your way

New Pal would be more out of the way than Carmel.

Well you could stop by and see the Jets battle LCC since you're heading up to the region from Bloomington. LCC  has to be favored, but us Jet fans are just ecstatic to be playing this week!

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Regardless of class, there were two games on everyone's radar at the beginning of the year. New Pal vs Cathedral and Valpo vs Dwenger. This is a no-brainer s far as I'm concerned. Should be a great game. 

The man said he is going to be in Bloomington Indiana returning to the Region area so how is Valpo vs Dwenger a possible option? ppl need to read. I picked Merrilliville at Carmel as the best pick cause its the most inline with his route home.

2 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

The man said he is going to be in Bloomington Indiana returning to the Region area so how is Valpo vs Dwenger a possible option? ppl need to read. I picked Merrilliville at Carmel as the best pick cause its the most inline with his route home.

And a good pick it was! I was just reinforcing Bobref's decision to hit the Valpo/Dwenger game. Maybe "no-brainer" was an insensitive choice of words.

Good luck to your Brickies on Friday, that's the game I will be at. From a geographical standpoint, I should be cheering for East Noble. But really, I don't care who wins. I'm glad to see Hobart back in the mix of things. Indiana High School football isn't the same when Hobart's not toward the top. Good luck to you guys. 

Are these Semistate dates/times officially set as Harrell's site shows? With some long Semi State road trips, I expected a few Saturday games.

FRIDAY, NOV. 22

ALL TIMES EASTERN
CLASS 6A
Merrillville at Carmel   7:30 pm  
Ben Davis at Center Grove   7:00 pm  
CLASS 5A
Fort Wayne Dwenger at Valparaiso   7:30 pm  
Bloomington South at New Palestine   7:00 pm  
CLASS 4A
Hobart at East Noble   7:30 pm  
Mount Vernon (Fortville) at Evansville Memorial   8:00 pm  
CLASS 3A
Indianapolis Chatard at Mishawaka Marian   7:00 pm  
Heritage Hills at Danville   7:30 pm  
CLASS 2A
Andrean at Eastbrook   7:30 pm  
Western Boone at Triton Central   7:00 pm  
CLASS 1A
Adams Central at Lafayette Central Catholic   7:00 pm  
West Washington at Indianapolis Lutheran   7:00 pm

35 minutes ago, slice60 said:

Are these Semistate dates/times officially set as Harrell's site shows? With some long Semi State road trips, I expected a few Saturday games.

FRIDAY, NOV. 22

ALL TIMES EASTERN
CLASS 6A
Merrillville at Carmel   7:30 pm  
Ben Davis at Center Grove   7:00 pm  
CLASS 5A
Fort Wayne Dwenger at Valparaiso   7:30 pm  
Bloomington South at New Palestine   7:00 pm  
CLASS 4A
Hobart at East Noble   7:30 pm  
Mount Vernon (Fortville) at Evansville Memorial   8:00 pm  
CLASS 3A
Indianapolis Chatard at Mishawaka Marian   7:00 pm  
Heritage Hills at Danville   7:30 pm  
CLASS 2A
Andrean at Eastbrook   7:30 pm  
Western Boone at Triton Central   7:00 pm  
CLASS 1A
Adams Central at Lafayette Central Catholic   7:00 pm  
West Washington at Indianapolis Lutheran   7:00 pm

Might take Harrell's with a grain of salt.  Right before the LCC-NJSP, it had the game listed as a 7:30 pm start, but the game was actually scheduled to start, and did start, at 8:00 pm.  MaxPreps also had the wrong time listed as well.

10 hours ago, foxbat said:

Might take Harrell's with a grain of salt.  Right before the LCC-NJSP, it had the game listed as a 7:30 pm start, but the game was actually scheduled to start, and did start, at 8:00 pm.  MaxPreps also had the wrong time listed as well.

Yes, HH @ Danville date and time hasn’t been finalized to my knowledge.