Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Semi State Hobart at East Noble

8 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Idk who wins this game.. I've been to east noble games..they seem to sell out..im shocked they even have tickets available for semi state? Is there that much of a price jump? The games I attended I had to stand!

Passes can be purchased at the beginning of the school year for regular season games but can’t be used for playoffs. I thought semi-state admission was $10. It’s great that the community is helping out the kids. Well done EN!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

I'm sorry to break this to you, East Noble is gonna have to do something different Parker won't beat this defense. We have played more athletic better qbs with better Wrs. East Noble has not played a defense or offense like this. 

The 43 turnovers forced by the Hobart defense is impressive, and their offense is average. I do not think they have see a player more athletic than Parker. There is a reason nobody has been able to stop him this year, he has a running back that has rushed for over 1000 yards on top of the 4000 total yards Parker has put up this season.

Hobart thrives on big plays and EN does not give up big plays. I still do not think this game will be a blowout for either team and will stick with EN 35-28.

East Noble school system put out a post on social media where they obtained sponsors from the community to offer free tickets to students in an attempt to reach a fan advantage. I'm saying even with the sponsors hobart has more fans at the game. Nice try East Noble.

I believe there were over 300 tickets donated for the students from various business around the area. East Noble's community does an outstanding job supporting them not only during the season, but in the off-season as well. The tickets are only for students, $10.00 for a ticket may not seem like a lot, but for some of these kids it could have been the difference of going to the game or not.

• Like 2

Your definately not winning the game. So even if you start out with more fans by halftime hobart will win the fan battle. 

Hobart by at least 17

The only way Hobart wins by 17 is if the Knights turn the ball over 3+ times.  East Noble will be able to overcome one mistake in this game, but not 2 or 3. 

I'm sorry to break this to you, East Noble is gonna have to do something different Parker won't beat this defense. We have played more athletic better qbs with better Wrs. East Noble has not played a defense or offense like this. 

I agree with you that Parker won't beat the Brickies with his legs, but his arm is another story.  The Hobart run defense is the truth.  What they did to New Prairie and Lowell speaks to that. So, I see the Knights trying to throw first and run second to mix it up.  The front 7 are very impressive, and the secondary are great run support players.  However, I was not impressed with the secondary in space or in coverage against spread teams.  East Noble will be able to score tonight, but like I said, it comes down to mistakes.  

East Noble 28

Hobart 20

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Prospect said:

The 43 turnovers forced by the Hobart defense is impressive, and their offense is average. I do not think they have see a player more athletic than Parker. There is a reason nobody has been able to stop him this year, he has a running back that has rushed for over 1000 yards on top of the 4000 total yards Parker has put up this season.

Hobart thrives on big plays and EN does not give up big plays. I still do not think this game will be a blowout for either team and will stick with EN 35-28.

I believe there were over 300 tickets donated for the students from various business around the area. East Noble's community does an outstanding job supporting them not only during the season, but in the off-season as well. The tickets are only for students, $10.00 for a ticket may not seem like a lot, but for some of these kids it could have been the difference of going to the game or not.

My observations are different, I believe East Noble hasn't played a team as fast and physical as Hobart. Every team on East Nobles schedule is inferior to Hobart on both sides of the ball. Hobart has plain and simple played teams much faster, bigger, and outright better than East Noble. Merrillville, Chesterton, Morton, Andrean and New Prairie that's 5 opponents better than anyone East Noble played. Hobart's defense doesnt thrive on big plays. Hobarts defense complete stops teams from executing. They create turnovers through pressure and pure defensive dominance. East Noble passes well and creates rushing opportunities via scrambling with Parker, Hobart will stop that. Just because no else has isnt a valid reason Hobart wont stop this team. They have stopped better teams already. I also know and respect the East Noble community and football program I coached high school football there and as college football coach I recruited Ft. Wayne was pals with Chris Depew for many years.

Edited by Ryan11p

15 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

The only way Hobart wins by 17 is if the Knights turn the ball over 3+ times.  East Noble will be able to overcome one mistake in this game, but not 2 or 3. 

I agree with you that Parker won't beat the Brickies with his legs, but his arm is another story.  The Hobart run defense is the truth.  What they did to New Prairie and Lowell speaks to that. So, I see the Knights trying to throw first and run second to mix it up.  The front 7 are very impressive, and the secondary are great run support players.  However, I was not impressed with the secondary in space or in coverage against spread teams.  East Noble will be able to score tonight, but like I said, it comes down to mistakes.  

East Noble 28

Hobart 20

Mathew Benton leads the state in Interceptions with 11. Vode one of the best WRs 6'3" 190 faster than any East Noble Wr plays safety. Hobart's 4 LBs one of the fastest and best cores in the state. Hobarts defense stops everything. Jojo Johnson from Morton is a D1 WR, Glass from Merrillville D1 WR, they have seen better guys. I dont think Parker is gonna have 2 important things. He will have legitimately less time to throw the ball and his WRs wont be open. You said it ourself he wont beat us with his legs. So without open guys how will his arm win the game?

On 11/17/2019 at 3:49 PM, GATA said:

Speak softly and carry a big stick Hobart. I think flying under the radar has worked better for this team all year. Haven’t won anything in a long time no reason to beat on the chest. I know it’s been a long time but we should act like we have been there before. Everyone is very Excited.
 I was told one of Hobart coaches may have been a East Noble coach before and I’m sure there is a lot of friendships and respect there. The New Prairie game has nothing to do with East Noble. East Noble appears to be really athletic and balanced. Nice qb and looks like some good wrs from the highlights I saw.  Add in a 2.5 hour bus ride  you never know how kids will respond.  I expect it to be a very exciting game between 2 quality programs. 

How is the visiting side seating?   I’m thinking a lot of Brickies are coming East.

They are adequate.    Should be able to seat all the Hobart fans without any problem.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Mathew Benton leads the state in Interceptions with 11. Vode one of the best WRs 6'3" 190 faster than any East Noble Wr plays safety. Hobart's 4 LBs one of the fastest and best cores in the state. Hobarts defense stops everything. Jojo Johnson from Morton is a D1 WR, Glass from Merrillville D1 WR, they have seen better guys. I dont think Parker is gonna have 2 important things. He will have legitimately less time to throw the ball and his WRs wont be open. You said it ourself he wont beat us with his legs. So without open guys how will his arm win the game?

What do Merrillville and Morton have in common with EN? All of them are spread teams that can throw the ball.  Also, Merrillville and Morton both scored 21 points.  EN is definitely better than Morton, and I don't know about Merrillville. And to Hobart's credit, the Merrillville game might have a different outcome now because that was week 2 which was 3 months ago.

To answer your question, I think EN hits some quick passes and Parker will scramble and hit an open guy if he is pressured.  Hobart will have to be selective when they bring pressures because EN can and will hurt them.  Hobart's coaching staff is great, so I'm sure they will have a plan.  I just like the matchup vs the secondary because of the WRs and QB at EN.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

They are adequate.    Should be able to seat all the Hobart fans without any problem.

They look really small on Google Maps. I’m seeing about 6 rows stretching between the 20’s. I would be surprised if Hobart’s side isn’t overflow. 

31 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

They look really small on Google Maps. I’m seeing about 6 rows stretching between the 20’s. I would be surprised if Hobart’s side isn’t overflow. 

Have been to many of their games and always sit on the visitor side and cannot recall ever having an issue with seating.  I will be there tonight and reserve you a seat!!!

Edited by whiteshoes

35 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

What do Merrillville and Morton have in common with EN? All of them are spread teams that can throw the ball.  Also, Merrillville and Morton both scored 21 points.  EN is definitely better than Morton, and I don't know about Merrillville. And to Hobart's credit, the Merrillville game might have a different outcome now because that was week 2 which was 3 months ago.

To answer your question, I think EN hits some quick passes and Parker will scramble and hit an open guy if he is pressured.  Hobart will have to be selective when they bring pressures because EN can and will hurt them.  Hobart's coaching staff is great, so I'm sure they will have a plan.  I just like the matchup vs the secondary because of the WRs and QB at EN.

As far as Morton goes they scored 7 with our varsity d on the field on a short field and jojo johnson D1 talent made a big play the other 14 were against jv with Hobart up by 30+ points and Merrillville is much better than East Noble they are in the 6A semi state. I sound like a broken record here Bailey will not be able to scramble in this game. Bailey is gonna turn the ball over in this game he will fumble or throw ints most likely both. I think everyone is overestimating his abilities. Just about our entire defense is faster than him. For sure all 4 of our lbs would beat him in a 40 yard dash.

36 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I'm thinking hobart will overflow for sure and possibly East Noble too both communities are doing right by the students really putting in a great effort on both sides to make this a special event. 

2 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

My observations are different, I believe East Noble hasn't played a team as fast and physical as Hobart. Every team on East Nobles schedule is inferior to Hobart on both sides of the ball. Hobart has plain and simple played teams much faster, bigger, and outright better than East Noble. Merrillville, Chesterton, Morton, Andrean and New Prairie that's 5 opponents better than anyone East Noble played. Hobart's defense doesnt thrive on big plays. Hobarts defense complete stops teams from executing. They create turnovers through pressure and pure defensive dominance. East Noble passes well and creates rushing opportunities via scrambling with Parker, Hobart will stop that. Just because no else has isnt a valid reason Hobart wont stop this team. They have stopped better teams already. I also know and respect the East Noble community and football program I coached high school football there and as college football coach I recruited Ft. Wayne was pals with Chris Depew for many years.

Will you also be disappearing next week in the event that your Brickies lose?  All I heard last week from some Cathedral slappies was that "New Pal hasn't played a team as fast and physical as Cathedral."  They are now nowhere to be found.  Can you promise the same?

23 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Will you also be disappearing next week in the event that your Brickies lose?  All I heard last week from some Cathedral slappies was that "New Pal hasn't played a team as fast and physical as Cathedral."  They are now nowhere to be found.  Can you promise the same?

😂

1 hour ago, Ryan11p said:

As far as Morton goes they scored 7 with our varsity d on the field on a short field and jojo johnson D1 talent made a big play the other 14 were against jv with Hobart up by 30+ points and Merrillville is much better than East Noble they are in the 6A semi state. I sound like a broken record here Bailey will not be able to scramble in this game. Bailey is gonna turn the ball over in this game he will fumble or throw ints most likely both. I think everyone is overestimating his abilities. Just about our entire defense is faster than him. For sure all 4 of our lbs would beat him in a 40 yard dash.

I'm thinking hobart will overflow for sure and possibly East Noble too both communities are doing right by the students really putting in a great effort on both sides to make this a special event. 

Ok, we can agree to disagree on that.  I have another question for you.

I would like to know about the Hobart Offense.  The offense clearly wants to run the ball and control the clock.  East Noble has defended the run great this season, so what's the plan if they can't run the ball or they go down by 2 scores?  They've thrown 20 passes total in the playoffs, which tells me 2 things.

1. They didn't need to throw because they had a lead/tied/only a one score game.

2. They aren't comfortable throwing.

Example: New Prairie had 8 guys in the box and played cover 0 for basically the entire game, and Hobart continued to run the ball.  If that look doesn't scream, "We dare you to throw", I don't know what does.  The one passing TD to #4 was after a timeout, which was a great call by the coaching staff.  But when forced into must throw situations, the offense was bailed out by New Prairie penalties. 

28 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

I would like to know about the Hobart Offense.  The offense clearly wants to run the ball and control the clock.  East Noble has defended the run great this season, so what's the plan if they can't run the ball or they go down by 2 scores?  They've thrown 20 passes total in the playoffs, which tells me 2 things.

1. They didn't need to throw because they had a lead/tied/only a one score game.

Example: New Prairie had 8 guys in the box and played cover 0 for basically the entire game, and Hobart continued to run the ball.  If that look doesn't scream, "We dare you to throw", I don't know what does.  The one passing TD to #4 was after a timeout, which was a great call by the coaching staff.  But when forced into must throw situations, the offense was bailed out by New Prairie penalties. 

With exception to the leo sectional game, you have to score and score fast against east Noble or they will open it up. If Hobart offense can't do that I don't see them winning on a purely defensive battle. Could be completely wrong on that but that's why the game is played. Either way looking forward to this one should be a great atmosphere up in Kendallville tonight!

Edited by BLKnights7
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

With exception to the leo sectional game, you have to score and score fast against east Noble or they will open it up. If Hobart offense can't do that I don't see them winning on a purely defensive battle. Could be completely wrong on that but that's why the game is played. Either way looking forward to this one should be a great atmosphere up in Kendallville tonight!

Totally agree. Leo did something that nobody else has been able to do this year and that's slow down EN in the 2nd half. The adjustments made at half time are also huge for EN and definitely need to give credit to the coaching staff. Last week Ole Miss kept up in the first half, but was unable to do anything in the 2nd half, similar to Leo the week before.

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

Hobart is a run first offense but by no means a run only offense. Johnson has thrown for over 1000 yards. They have one of the best Wrs in our area in Zach Vode. The Hobart passing also has Matthew Benton and Tyler Schultz heavily involved. The Brickie offense definitely would give the impression on paper of a stop the run and win type situation but they are not. You can really see the offensive passing power of them grow over the season on film. In my opinion Hobart's offense is gonna suprise you with how balanced they are. As far as Np goes they were not bailed out, hobart's wrs beat NPs dbs and were tackled clear pass interference calls are not bail outs. But Hobart can throw the ball and have a solid passing game there run game is so good they havent needed as much.

Edited by Ryan11p
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, Ryan11p said:

After the beating Hobart put on New Prairie and watching 6 East Noble games not sure much will be different next Friday. 

Hobart by 17 at least

1-3 for the region tonight “scout.”

See yourself out and come back next year...

On 11/16/2019 at 4:51 PM, Ryan11p said:

You need to watch Hobart's D then ask yourself how is Bailey Parker going to run or throw the ball for any positive yards.

23 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

Ryan - don’t forget to pick up your chocolates in South Bend on your way home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I switched back and forth between multiple games. QB play was definately in East Noble’s favor. Parker could make plays on the ground and through the air. Hobart’s QB was very limited. At some point you have to be able to pass when East Noble is stonewalling the run game. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1