Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North Semi-State ANDREAN @ EASTBROOK

15 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

I did not say that then sorry but I know they’ve only lost twice at home over the last 6 seasons ( that game being one)

I was at that game. Woodlan should have won that more then they did. They had some pretty electric players they didn't get the ball much. They rode their RB a tad bit too much but that cat was good.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

20 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I was at that game. Woodlan should have won that more then they did. They had some pretty electric players they didn't get the ball much. They rode their RB a tad bit too much but that cat was good.

LOL.  If you were actually at the game, you have a very faulty memory.  Woodlan winning that game was one of the more miraculous endings I can remember.

Eastbrook had the ball with a fresh set of downs in Woodlan territory with 4 minutes left and a 2 point lead.  Miraculously, I think Eastbrook fumbles on 3 running plays in a row, recovering the first 2 but losing the 3rd.  Still, Woodlan had the ball on their side of the field with under 3 minutes remaining and had not kicked a field goal all season and was able to kick one that was almost blocked by 2  Eastbrook players as time expires.  

Eastbrook was the best team in 2A that season.  Give credit to Woodlan for finding a way to hang in and pull out a W but Eastbrook screwed up  just about everything to give that game away.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, XStar said:

LOL.  If you were actually at the game, you have a very faulty memory.  Woodlan winning that game was one of the more miraculous endings I can remember.

Eastbrook had the ball with a fresh set of downs in Woodlan territory with 4 minutes left and a 2 point lead.  Miraculously, I think Eastbrook fumbles on 3 running plays in a row, recovering the first 2 but losing the 3rd.  Still, Woodlan had the ball on their side of the field with under 3 minutes remaining and had not kicked a field goal all season and was able to kick one that was almost blocked by 2  Eastbrook players as time expires.  

Eastbrook was the best team in 2A that season.  Give credit to Woodlan for finding a way to hang in and pull out a W but Eastbrook screwed up  just about everything to give that game away.   

Not to mention had the players that tackled the Woodlan QB just laid on him time would've expired and they never would've gotten the chance to kick that field goal 😁

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, 36_Belly said:

Not to mention had the players that tackled the Woodlan QB just laid on him time would've expired and they never would've gotten the chance to kick that field goal 😁

Not necessarily. There are several ways the officials can handle a situation like that which would have prevented the defense from illegally consuming time.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 4:54 PM, XStar said:

Yeah... Eastbrook did fumble and that led to a FG to win it... But then again... Woodlan doesn't throw that pick 6 in the 2nd Q... Woodlan doesn't even need that FG. 

Woodlan had more first downs, more total yards of offense and had more turnovers. 

Also....the kicker from Woodlan hit 2 field goals on the year before that kick. 

So really who has the faulty memory?

Btw. A kid that ran for 234 yards the week before on 15 carries and 3 tds..only had 4 touches (3 on ground, 1 in air). He was the one i was talking about that should have gotten some more carries. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

It appears you are right regarding the kicker having kicked 2 FG's on the season.  I read something that was wrong that said otherwise.  My apologies on that.  However, that doesn't change the facts about the game itself.

Otherwise, you're throwing out meaningless stats. 

More first downs?  Who cares?  Probably because I'm seeing they ran 52 times for 172 yards.  Congrats on the 3.3 ypc.  Really speaks to how dominant they were.  Eastbrook ran 31 times for 160 yards.  Would much rather be Eastbrook there.

And it's supposed to matter what a player did against a lesser opponent the week before.  Just because a player ran for a bunch of yards against North Newton doesn't mean anything in the next game.  He's not entitled to repeat that performance.  My guess is the coach saw him getting bottled up.  

I'm not an Eastbrook fan and, in fact, I was cheering very heavily for Woodlan in this game.  But that doesn't change the fact they were very lucky to win with how this played out.  Anytime your opponent has the lead, the ball, and a fresh set of downs on your side of the field with under 4 minutes left, you are fortunate to have an opportunity to win.  Yet that's exactly what happened.  

But this is 2019, not 2017 anymore.  It really has nothing to do with the Eastbrook/Andrean game or whatever Woodlan's plans are this weekend.  

29 minutes ago, Da Region said:

That is tough coach, did everything but win the scoreboard.

No doubt, we have played 2 outstanding games up there vs Andrean, our kids loved the opportunity and looking forward to another dance in 2020, maybe we will get to host them instead!!  

Looking forward to watching the game Friday night.   Really is a great matchup of 2 tradition riched schools, great schemes, contrasting styles.   

Panther faithful will have that place rocking!!    

17 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

No doubt, we have played 2 outstanding games up there vs Andrean, our kids loved the opportunity and looking forward to another dance in 2020, maybe we will get to host them instead!!  

Looking forward to watching the game Friday night.   Really is a great matchup of 2 tradition riched schools, great schemes, contrasting styles.   

Panther faithful will have that place rocking!!    

I went to North Newton in the late 80's, Rensselaer was easily our favorite game of the year. Have been glad to see that NN has been somewhat competitive the last few years, looking up.

1 minute ago, Da Region said:

I went to North Newton in the late 80's, Rensselaer was easily our favorite game of the year. Have been glad to see that NN has been somewhat competitive the last few years, looking up.

They have done a nice job last few years, started with Coach Bean righting the ship after the debacle of hiring IPS guy for a hot moment, lost all the momentum that Coach Pat Brown had garnered.   Coach Bean came in and installed actual O and D philosophy and Coach Rouch came over I think the same time Coach Mannering left Cass for Twin Lakes.   Coach Roach long time successful coach kept up with Wing T and his defense coupled with nice couple of classes back to back last 3 or 4 years.   Losing their stud RB to graduation and a few other athletes, but there will be some left over to be successful in the Midwest Conference in 2020  

14 hours ago, XStar said:

It appears you are right regarding the kicker having kicked 2 FG's on the season.  I read something that was wrong that said otherwise.  My apologies on that.  However, that doesn't change the facts about the game itself.

Otherwise, you're throwing out meaningless stats. 

More first downs?  Who cares?  Probably because I'm seeing they ran 52 times for 172 yards.  Congrats on the 3.3 ypc.  Really speaks to how dominant they were.  Eastbrook ran 31 times for 160 yards.  Would much rather be Eastbrook there.

And it's supposed to matter what a player did against a lesser opponent the week before.  Just because a player ran for a bunch of yards against North Newton doesn't mean anything in the next game.  He's not entitled to repeat that performance.  My guess is the coach saw him getting bottled up.  

I'm not an Eastbrook fan and, in fact, I was cheering very heavily for Woodlan in this game.  But that doesn't change the fact they were very lucky to win with how this played out.  Anytime your opponent has the lead, the ball, and a fresh set of downs on your side of the field with under 4 minutes left, you are fortunate to have an opportunity to win.  Yet that's exactly what happened.  

But this is 2019, not 2017 anymore.  It really has nothing to do with the Eastbrook/Andrean game or whatever Woodlan's plans are this weekend.  

Eastbrook fumbled and Woodlan recovered it and drove down the field and scored. Hell Woodlan doesn't throw that pick six, they don't even need the FG! That turnover was huge for Woodlan to win it but dang it without that pick six. Eastbrook never even leads. 

Guerrent, Hicks and Howard were big play makers for them all year and combined only had 7 touches for a total of 55 yards. I think if Woodlan used them more or made a better attempt to get them the ball. Woodlan wins that game more. It was obvious the coach was deadset on rhodes getting it...and with a solid D that EB had. It was a lot easier to stop that O when you knew #24 was getting it...use your weapons. 

We can agree to disagree. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Who cares about the "woulda, shoulda, couldas" of the past, like the fumble EB returned against WEBO last year that didn't end up being a fumble in the officials eyes....  or when the kid from Ritter stepped out of bounds on the long TD run against us.... 

Obviously we have got past all of this 😄, and are moving on to the next step... Our 4th consecutive Semi state game. 

Going to be a huge challenge with a very tough Andrean team.  A QB out to prove something after a Labrum and rotator cuff tear 2 years ago and a 2000+ yard rusher and all of their other weapons that are back from injuries.  The 3 losses that this team has are from teams that all played in the 4A and 6A regionals, with 2 of those teams playing this week.  They also beat the #1 and heavily favored Lewis Cass Kings last week fairly easily.

I was able to get my first glimpse of the Panthers last week, finally attending my first game of the season.  I was impressed.  The defense is lightning quick and seem to have their ears pinned back on every play.  Pass defense really impressed me, Eastside threw a lot of screens and we read them quite well and only seemed to give up short yardage on them.  Offense, typical Eastbrook, run it down your throat and pop up for a pass when you are least expecting it.  

It will be a packed house tonight at Freck Field.  I will be making the trek up from Indy again.  Get there early and enjoy a grilled ribeye, tenderloin or sausage sandwich, dress warm and prepare for a enough cowbells to cure any fever you may have!  Safe travels to all and good luck and good health to all teams playing tonight!   

GO PANTHERS!

Article on Andrean's Paul, coming back from rare illness 

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/football/andrean-s-paul-sets-sight-on-semistate-title-after-overcoming/article_40247b8b-2466-507d-bda7-70e416370976.html#utm_source=nwitimes.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Fdaily-headlines&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=ae744fc7190ffe29359cbef02e5c1b91c3515883 

It took a few days, but Paul and his parents finally received an answer as to what was wrong. He was diagnosed with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, which is an autoimmune disease that attacks the brain and spinal cord.

According to the National Organization of Rare Disorders, ADEM is usually, “the result of an abnormal immune system response to an infection or other trigger.” In layman’s terms, once Paul’s immune system began to fight an infection, it also started to attack his healthy cells and tissues.

“It started out very scary until we were given the diagnosis and what to expect from it,” said Toni Spraggins, Paul’s mother. “What he had, the doctors told us he was one of four people in the state of Indiana that has ever been diagnosed with this type of disease.”

39 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Who cares about the "woulda, shoulda, couldas" of the past, like the fumble EB returned against WEBO last year that didn't end up being a fumble in the officials eyes....  or when the kid from Ritter stepped out of bounds on the long TD run against us.... 

Obviously we have got past all of this 😄, and are moving on to the next step... Our 4th consecutive Semi state game. 

Going to be a huge challenge with a very tough Andrean team.  A QB out to prove something after a Labrum and rotator cuff tear 2 years ago and a 2000+ yard rusher and all of their other weapons that are back from injuries.  The 3 losses that this team has are from teams that all played in the 4A and 6A regionals, with 2 of those teams playing this week.  They also beat the #1 and heavily favored Lewis Cass Kings last week fairly easily.

I was able to get my first glimpse of the Panthers last week, finally attending my first game of the season.  I was impressed.  The defense is lightning quick and seem to have their ears pinned back on every play.  Pass defense really impressed me, Eastside threw a lot of screens and we read them quite well and only seemed to give up short yardage on them.  Offense, typical Eastbrook, run it down your throat and pop up for a pass when you are least expecting it.  

It will be a packed house tonight at Freck Field.  I will be making the trek up from Indy again.  Get there early and enjoy a grilled ribeye, tenderloin or sausage sandwich, dress warm and prepare for a enough cowbells to cure any fever you may have!  Safe travels to all and good luck and good health to all teams playing tonight!   

GO PANTHERS!

I don't know all the ins/outs and point values and what it takes...but I've always wondered how Eastbrooke hasn't been moved up with the Success Factor?? Seems like you guys are always in semi-state?? Does getting there not accumulate enough points I guess??