Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North Semi-State ANDREAN @ EASTBROOK

8 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Eastbrook fumbled and Woodlan recovered it and drove down the field and scored. Hell Woodlan doesn't throw that pick six, they don't even need the FG! That turnover was huge for Woodlan to win it but dang it without that pick six. Eastbrook never even leads. 

Guerrent, Hicks and Howard were big play makers for them all year and combined only had 7 touches for a total of 55 yards. I think if Woodlan used them more or made a better attempt to get them the ball. Woodlan wins that game more. It was obvious the coach was deadset on rhodes getting it...and with a solid D that EB had. It was a lot easier to stop that O when you knew #24 was getting it...use your weapons. 

We can agree to disagree. 

Maybe you can agree to disagree because you are wrong.  I'm not going to.

I'm sorry you think the coach tried to throw the game by limiting the touches of his playmakers.  I'd guess he probably knew his team better than you and was absolutely focused on winning.  And even if he made the wrong choice, coaches make the wrong choices all the time.  It's part of the game and part of the team they are a part of.  It's not part of "luck" if the coach makes bad decisions.  

If you want to talk about Woodlan being unlucky, I think they were unlucky in 1988.  I think Eastbrook was very lucky to beat Bremen last year.  And I'm sorry, but Woodlan was lucky in 2017.  

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Those who will be tuning in to the live video stream get to hear myself in the booth tonight as I am filling in for WJOB for tonight's broadcast.   Be kind I will be working on channeling somewhere between Ron Burgundy and Tony Romo  :classic_biggrin:

Leisure suit and Sketchers.  Nice!  Hydrating w/ a Romo endorsed Corona once you get home too.  Or will it be Ron's scotch, scotch, scotch?

14 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Those who will be tuning in to the live video stream get to hear myself in the booth tonight as I am filling in for WJOB for tonight's broadcast.   Be kind I will be working on channeling somewhere between Ron Burgundy and Tony Romo  :classic_biggrin:

Would love to meet ya coach!  I always sit 4 rows down on the East side of the press box....  Can't miss me, I'll be ringing a cowbell!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Would love to meet ya coach!  I always sit 4 rows down on the East side of the press box....  Can't miss me, I'll be ringing a cowbell!!

Is that even legal in the playoffs?

But it is not legal for the state finals for some reason?

Don't get me wrong.  The cowbells are annoying and I'm for anything that gets rid of them, but why allow them up to semistate and then disallow them for state?  Seems like the rules should stay consistent.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XStar said:

But it is not legal for the state finals for some reason?

Don't get me wrong.  The cowbells are annoying and I'm for anything that gets rid of them, but why allow them up to semistate and then disallow them for state?  Seems like the rules should stay consistent.  

It’s not IHSAA “rules” that ban cowbells at the State Tournament game, it’s a Lucas Oil Stadium facility ban on cowbells. 

Edited by EB_Panthers_12thMan
Clarification.
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, EB_Panthers_12thMan said:

It’s not IHSAA “rules” that ban cowbells at the State Tournament game, it’s a Lucas Oil Stadium facility ban on cowbells. 

Well God bless the fine people that run Lucas Oil Stadium then.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

I can hear the sound just looking at that picture... 😣

Maybe the people blowing them should've been the ones banned.  😉

4 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

I don’t know what is louder, the Eastbrook cowbells or the whiners crying about them!!  COWBELLS ARE LEGAL!!!  We go through this every season!

Relax.  It is a legitimate question.  Haven't seen one person so far complain.

7 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

I don’t know what is louder, the Eastbrook cowbells or the whiners crying about them!!  COWBELLS ARE LEGAL!!!  We go through this every season!

Honestly, it makes not difference to the visiting team.  But it does make for a cool environment.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, XStar said:

Well God bless the fine people that run Lucas Oil Stadium then.  

Yes, because of those “fine people,” tonight will be bittersweet. Win or lose (and I’m hoping for a Win!), tonight will be the last time I ring my cowbell for the 2019 EB Panthers! 😔😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Honestly, it makes not difference to the visiting team.  But it does make for a cool environment.

agree the Eastbrook atmosphere is so so good regardless of the classification 

I would put it up against anyone in the states.   Lots of awesome energy when I was there for an Ole Miss game a few years ago when we had a Saturday game scheduled in 2016 I believe 

special shoutout to our newest Booster!!  @EB_Panthers_12thMan  

:classic_love:

• Thanks 1

Honestly, as much as I enjoyed the leg room, I was a little disappointed in the turn out last week for Regional.  Not sure why, but I have a good feeling that tonight will be electric!  Eastside brought a great crowd last week, hope Andrean brings the same.  Makes for a great environment!

33 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Honestly, as much as I enjoyed the leg room, I was a little disappointed in the turn out last week for Regional.  Not sure why, but I have a good feeling that tonight will be electric!  Eastside brought a great crowd last week, hope Andrean brings the same.  Makes for a great environment!

Don't expect a large following for Andrean.    Especially with Region having 4 total teams in Semi State, casual fans may stick around to Valpo game, Hobart will probably have the largest road following to East Noble.   

bout to leave to Eastbrook 

Doing some research for the game:   I think something that helps Eastbrook is that they only have 4 2 way starters.   That is a luxury in 2a football.  

Eastbrook +29 on turnover for the year.   

they have snagged 16 interceptions and 16 fumble recoveries, while only losing 3 fumbles on the year.   

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

bout to leave to Eastbrook 

Doing some research for the game:   I think something that helps Eastbrook is that they only have 4 2 way starters.   That is a luxury in 2a football.  

Eastbrook +29 on turnover for the year.   

they have snagged 16 interceptions and 16 fumble recoveries, while only losing 3 fumbles on the year.   

All 3 fumbles were against the same team, Blackford.

Safe trip coach, I'll be there later!