Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The dirt on Cathedral fans, parents ,alum.

So....this is going to be good. By the way New Pal has one of the premier football atmospheres I 've  traveled to. Very friendly laid back group of stadium helpers. (The concessions need help) But the reason I'm posting is to let you all in on the Irish team family of fans. Standing  on the visiting team side, I don't like to sit. I was able to, first hand, see how complementary and polite the students and adults where conducting themselves all game long. Impressive also, that they have such a massive group following the team.  You don't know what tailgating is until you see this group. They feed and welcome anyone and every one to join them pre game. Food, my god, enough to feed an army. gratin potatoes, fresh fruit, couple of soups, southwest dip and chips, baked beans, dogs, burgers just to mention some of the offerings And thank goodness, inside the New Pal stadium, Chick-fil-a sandwiches, nothing to write home about, for $5, and oh yea,$1 popcorn that comes in a container about the size of a Cracker Jack box. If anyone ever gets a chance to attend a football game that Cathedral plays in do it. Great group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, southend said:

So....this is going to be good. By the way New Pal has one of the premier football atmospheres I 've  traveled to. Very friendly laid back group of stadium helpers. (The concessions need help) But the reason I'm posting is to let you all in on the Irish team family of fans. Standing  on the visiting team side, I don't like to sit. I was able to, first hand, see how complementary and polite the students and adults where conducting themselves all game long. Impressive also, that they have such a massive group following the team.  You don't know what tailgating is until you see this group. They feed and welcome anyone and every one to join them pre game. Food, my god, enough to feed an army. gratin potatoes, fresh fruit, couple of soups, southwest dip and chips, baked beans, dogs, burgers just to mention some of the offerings And thank goodness, inside the New Pal stadium, Chick-fil-a sandwiches, nothing to write home about, for $5, and oh yea,$1 popcorn that comes in a container about the size of a Cracker Jack box. If anyone ever gets a chance to attend a football game that Cathedral plays in do it. Great group.

The Evansville Memorial group may have something to say about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southend said:

Good to see a positive post. I will say keep in mind most concession stands are made in mind to make a profit without a large expense. Usually they are ran by a group within the school to make money for equipment or gear. Like say the school band or other sports that don't make the revenue other sports do to deflect cost to the parents. Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southend said:

A couple of seasons ago my Ohio alma mater, St. Edward, traveled to Indy to play Cathedral. @PHJIrish invited my wife and I to join the Cathedral tailgate. I have never seen such great hospitality, respect, and sportsmanship from a collection of high school football fans. They are truly what high school football is all about.

36 minutes ago, Bobref said:

A couple of seasons ago my Ohio alma mater, St. Edward, traveled to Indy to play Cathedral. @PHJIrish invited my wife and I to join the Cathedral tailgate. I have never seen such great hospitality, respect, and sportsmanship from a collection of high school football fans. They are truly what high school football is all about.

Perhaps @PHJIrish can invite @indycoach10 to a game and to come to a tailgate to witness this himself to show that the far few bad apples don't out weigh the many. Plus he gets some free food win win!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, indycoach10 said:

So what you are showing me is that there is a young man that makes comments like this:

https://twitter.com/LarryMcCockine3/status/1195483646389575680

https://twitter.com/LarryMcCockine3/status/1195356915078979584

And then because this young man posted a photo with neatly bagged trash it is deemed the Irish tailgate just left trash there. However this young man may not know what may or may not have been worked out with New Pal staff. Was it even truly the Irish tailgate in that spot. No idea or speculation on my part either way because I wasn't there or part of the Irish tailgate. @PHJIrish was likely there and may be able to elaborate Great job though on trying to stir things up.

I'll show respectful adult behavior and wish Mt. Vernon and New Palestine all the best next week against Evansville Memorial and Bloomington South and have no ill will towards any teams. @CaptainHook knows I have the most respect for Coach Ralph and the Dragons, I feel the same for Coach Kirschner. May you have a great day sir.

3 hours ago, southend said:

Thanks, brother. Was starting to think there was going to be a positive post on the GID. Nope. Always someone out there to bring negativity. It’s human nature I suppose. Either way, great night, great football game, wrong result. Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indycoach10 said:

Oh please save the faux outrage. Stupid high schooler makes dumb comments but correctly calls out the Irish tailgaters. However, you have people like this Cathedral PARENT saying stuff like this Twitter: 

I saw one way worse than that...but it has since been deleted.

8 minutes ago, indycoach10 said:

Oh please save the faux outrage. Stupid high schooler makes dumb comments but correctly calls out the Irish tailgaters. However, you have people like this Cathedral PARENT saying stuff like this Twitter: 

You completely missed my point. I am saying nobody is  condoning a tweet by an adult that is affiliated with Cathedral. I already stated there are bad apples represented from every school. The few don't speak for the mass. In a positive thread by a non-Cathedral supporter about an experience they had and then another to back up that statement. I tagged you saying perhaps some of the kind generous adults that are Cathedral supporters (PHJIndy being one of those) could invite you to enjoy a free meal at one of their tailgates. You had to proceed with more negativity. That being said nobody knows if the young man "correctly" called out the Irish Tailgaters, or snatched a photo to make it seem that way (judging from his other tweets it could be very likely). Yes kids make dumb comments and so do adults, and adults should definitely know better than to make the dumb comments. I wasn't pointing out that judging by the young mans tweets, the validity of the tweet with the photos and what he calls out goes way down for me.

I will also state @CaptainHook was very respectful (while I'm sure in his mind a little incensed) and just gave facts and let the rest take care of itself. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indycoach10 said:

By the way I just saw this on Twitter too.

https://twitter.com/CathedralFBall/status/1196053045660078080

14 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Sounds like something that loser 1906 would say (referring to Hagerty’s post) 

Amen to that!

4 hours ago, southend said:

Thanks for coming and being apart of one of the best atmosphere's for high school football I have experienced. Great fans on both sides of the field made it that way. Maybe next year we can get you down here when they sell pork burgers at the concessions. 

• Like 2

😂😂😂 “larry mccockiner” 

thats Barry’s brother!  

barry mccockiner is a very famous twitter troll if y’all didn’t know. Routinely criticizes tom Brady for being a system guy or carried by the defense. Also hates on pretty much anyone else.  Unfortunately every couple of months someone reports him and he loses his twitter and has to start all over and get 100k+ followers back overnight.

08346F99-09BA-4729-A0A7-AA92D1680D14.thumb.jpeg.05eec6b2dbc4e6f67ecca6a54f434448.jpeg

was actually banned again yesterday so we will have to see which profile he starts using now.  
I’m not sure if this larry fella is actually a member of cathedrals community or whatever. But he is 100% troll using that name or completely unlucky 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been involved with Cathedral football for many years as both my sons played against them. Their fans have always been extremely supportive of their team. They should be that's what competitive sports are all about. NP is no different. They are proud of their team and the accomplishments they have achieved over the last several years. This game was ear marked as one of the greatest games in Indiana high school football in 2019. It was a good game and the players on both sides of the ball gave all they had. 

My question is why can't certain individuals like this Hagarty guy just accept the outcome and move on without having to voice his unfounded and totally false accusations.

His comments degrade the quality of a great program at Cathedral and force people to focus on the negative just to quell this individuals stupid comments, See, now I have sunk to his disgusting level. 

Cathedral, I suggest you focus on taming the tongue of this Hagarty individual so that he isn't the voice that people equate your organization with when your school is mentioned in conversation. You have a good reputation. Don't let the rantings of this individual damage that. It does nothing for the great sport that high school football is and will continue to be.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

I saw their tailgate.  It was impressive, but I refused to go over there!  Hah. 

They could have jumped you :). And went after the All State Stud next.. it’s best to keep your distance and play it safe haha. JK. They really are great people, just a few bad eggs (all teams have them). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Perhaps @PHJIrish can invite @indycoach10 to a game and to come to a tailgate to witness this himself to show that the far few bad apples don't out weigh the many. Plus he gets some free food win win!

I invite all to attend an Irish tailgate next season!  All are welcome, oh and we have trash bags to clean up after ourselves, which we do.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I invite all to attend an Irish tailgate next season!  All are welcome, oh and we have trash bags to clean up after ourselves, which we do.

I was hoping you would respond! It was obvious the young man on Twitter was blatantly stirring the pot. I thought it was best to go to the source (member of the Irish tailgate) so @indycoach10 could see you can’t believe the bologna a young student throws in Twitter to insight. 

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

😂😂😂 “larry mccockiner” 

thats Barry’s brother!  

barry mccockiner is a very famous twitter troll if y’all didn’t know. Routinely criticizes tom Brady for being a system guy or carried by the defense. Also hates on pretty much anyone else.  Unfortunately every couple of months someone reports him and he loses his twitter and has to start all over and get 100k+ followers back overnight.

08346F99-09BA-4729-A0A7-AA92D1680D14.thumb.jpeg.05eec6b2dbc4e6f67ecca6a54f434448.jpeg

was actually banned again yesterday so we will have to see which profile he starts using now.  
I’m not sure if this larry fella is actually a member of cathedrals community or whatever. But he is 100% troll using that name or completely unlucky 

It was definitely a Student making dumb tweets. Unfortunately that’s what this day and age brings. Why I spend limited time on social media. If only some knew what they throw out there never goes away. It’s even a problem with current pro athletes ie Antonio Brown

• Like 1

"Larry" appears to be a NP student who's just posting dumb stuff on social media to rile people up (one of his posts was "everyone's trying to figure out who I am"). Every school has that person. The best thing to do is ignore them. 

The poster who was making false accusations appears to live in New Pal and sent his kids to Cathedral and appears to be a bit sore over the loss, and had a bit of a hostile response when that was pointed out to him by someone. Classy response by the official Cathedral account, which is a great program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

"Larry" appears to be a NP student who's just posting dumb stuff on social media to rile people up (one of his posts was "everyone's trying to figure out who I am"). Every school has that person. The best thing to do is ignore them. 

The poster who was making false accusations appears to live in New Pal and sent his kids to Cathedral and appears to be a bit sore over the loss, and had a bit of a hostile response when that was pointed out to him by someone. Classy response by the official Cathedral account, which is a great program. 

Agree with all you stated! Great post!

14 hours ago, Fast Eddy 14 said:

Completely off topic.  I thought that the Irish being led onto the field by bagpipes was awesome .  Pretty cool entrance 

I am partial, but it is the best entrance in the state.  It's very unique and a great tradition.  Thanks for the complement and congrats on the big win.

• Like 1