Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A North Semi-State LCC v Adams Central

Going to be close. Sagrin has it even right now. I will be contrasting styles with LCC likes to throw and Adams Central likes the wing T. Both teams have faced those type of offense's this year. The only advantage I see LCC having is home field. Should be a good game.

Edited by Paccolpur

1 hour ago, Paccolpur said:

Going to be close. Sagrin has it even right now. I will be contrasting styles with LCC likes to throw and Adams Central likes the wing T. Both teams have faced those type of offense's this year. The only advantage I see LCC having is home field. Should be a good game.

Hoping this one turns out like the last two semi-states when LCC had homefield advantage ... a 17-0 win over then-ranked IFCA #6 Sheridan in 2011 and a 42-14 win over then-ranked IFCA #5 Churubusco in 2010.  The difference though is, in those two seasons, LCC was undefeated and ranked IFCA #1.  This time around, they are 10-3 and ranked IFCA #7, while Adams Central is 12-1 and IFCA #4.

History is against Adams Central, but this could be a team that challenges that narrative.

History is on Central Catholic's side, but they are no longer a Evil Empire. They are a whole different animal than previous teams.

Will there be a home field advantage this time?

Adam Central just took down a juggernaut while LCC won the easiest regional in 1A (no offense to North Judson fans, breathe and think before you attack)

I take Adam Central in this one, 21-14

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

History is against Adams Central, but this could be a team that challenges that narrative.

History is on Central Catholic's side, but they are no longer a Evil Empire. They are a whole different animal than previous teams.

Adam Central just took down a juggernaut while LCC won the easiest regional in 1A (no offense to North Judson fans, breathe and think before you attack)

Was having this discussion last night with @Paccolpur ... this is actually a rebuilding year for LCC.  Not bad, however, to be playing a semi-state game in a rebuilding year.  @LCCAlum and I had been discussing the ebb/flow of the program here on GID all the way back in 2011/2012 and talking about the up/downs that we anticipated based on pipeline.  The pipeline looks good coming up through the ranks.  Watch for some of the "same animal" coming in the next couple of seasons ... especially given the focus on moving back to mainly one-way players that was seen back around the 2009 and 2010 teams.

I think if the game is close going into the half, I think LCC has the edge.  They have been uncharacteristically slow-starting this season ... averaging just one TD per game in the 1st quarter in the tourney.  They have very nice halftime adjustments.  If your prediction is correct, then I'd would expect the halftime score to be something like AC 14-0 like the 2014 semi-state game that LCC lost to RCHS 17-14 where LCC was down 14-0 at the half.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Was having this discussion last night with @Paccolpur ... this is actually a rebuilding year for LCC.  Not bad, however, to be playing a semi-state game in a rebuilding year.  @LCCAlum and I had been discussing the ebb/flow of the program here on GID all the way back in 2011/2012 and talking about the up/downs that we anticipated based on pipeline.  The pipeline looks good coming up through the ranks.  Watch for some of the "same animal" coming in the next couple of seasons ... especially given the focus on moving back to mainly one-way players that was seen back around the 2009 and 2010 teams.

I think if the game is close going into the half, I think LCC has the edge.  They have been uncharacteristically slow-starting this season ... averaging just one TD per game in the 1st quarter in the tourney.  They have very nice halftime adjustments.  If your prediction is correct, then I'd would expect the halftime score to be something like AC 14-0 like the 2014 semi-state game that LCC lost to RCHS 17-14 where LCC was down 14-0 at the half.

AC is also in a "rebuilding" year this year. Believe 26 seniors were lost from last years' semi state team. South Adams was the team that was going to state this year and I'm still in disbelief that our Jets beat them. South Adams will be back next year though so watch out again. However, AC will have some good glasses to come in the future. The Jets have a good 6th grade class, some good 7th grade athletes who fight like this team does, and a very talented 8th grade team. The Freshmen have shown some talent and Cook is a speedster. The sophomore class is a big key to this years team (Heyerly & Currie) as are a few Juniors like Collier. Kudos to this senior class from learning from their predecessors and carrying on the AC football tradition.

I'd think LCC would be the favorite at home and based on the historical matchups. Much like Pioneer, this is another team we have to get the monkey of our back. In fact we have to get the semi state curse off our back. We had only broke it once in the 2000 state championship season against North White. Like I said in another thread, everyone is ecstatic we get to play another week of football for a shot to go to LOS. Especially in a rebuilding year. GO JETS!!!!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Basementbias said:

AC is also in a "rebuilding" year this year. Believe 26 seniors were lost from last years' semi state team. South Adams was the team that was going to state this year and I'm still in disbelief that our Jets beat them. South Adams will be back next year though so watch out again. However, AC will have some good glasses to come in the future. The Jets have a good 6th grade class, some good 7th grade athletes who fight like this team does, and a very talented 8th grade team. The Freshmen have shown some talent and Cook is a speedster. The sophomore class is a big key to this years team (Heyerly & Currie) as are a few Juniors like Collier. Kudos to this senior class from learning from their predecessors and carrying on the AC football tradition.

I'd think LCC would be the favorite at home and based on the historical matchups. Much like Pioneer, this is another team we have to get the monkey of our back. In fact we have to get the semi state curse off our back. We had only broke it once in the 2000 state championship season against North White. Like I said in another thread, everyone is ecstatic we get to play another week of football for a shot to go to LOS. Especially in a rebuilding year. GO JETS!!!!

Think home field gets 1.5 pts on Sag... could b the diff.......being without Roach.. may swing the favorite in this one to the Jets.... Think it was BTF who said SA was Sr laden an the best team SA ever produced.....so pretty good for a rebuilding Jets team..... dont think the favorite tag has any meaning in this one....  looks to b a wash to me... but Its better to home for the Knights than away.....esp without Roach.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I seems to me ... Lcc is somewhat similar to SA..... dose this give the edge to the Jets.... having just executed a winning strategy........

No, as that was the second time seeing SA and having multiple weeks to look over that film and fix things. Not as much prep time for this one.

6 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Dont c how it could do anything but help....... thats good for the Jets.......

Just hope the Jets come back focused and realize it's a new week. It was such an emotional victory Friday and they must put that behind them quickly.

Does schedule strength give LCC any advantage at all in this match?  LCC's three losses this season came to West Lafayette, Guerin, and Tri-West ... all three from Class 3A.  Win over ranked 2A RCHS who hung tough with Andrean was also in the mix. 

4 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Think home field gets 1.5 pts on Sag... could b the diff.......being without Roach.. may swing the favorite in this one to the Jets.... Think it was BTF who said SA was Sr laden an the best team SA ever produced.....so pretty good for a rebuilding Jets team..... dont think the favorite tag has any meaning in this one....  looks to b a wash to me... but Its better to home for the Knights than away.....esp without Roach.... 

What happened with Roach in the NJ game?  I saw that he was hit late and then I heard he "retaliated" but I'm not sure what that means.  He looked like their top weapon on offense, but they spread the ball around quite a bit and the freshman (#25) looked pretty good when we came in after the ejection.

23 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

What happened with Roach in the NJ game?  I saw that he was hit late and then I heard he "retaliated" but I'm not sure what that means.  He looked like their top weapon on offense, but they spread the ball around quite a bit and the freshman (#25) looked pretty good when we came in after the ejection.

You can see it in the wlfi.com Frenzy highlights:

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Central-Catholic-captures-first-regional-title-since-2015-565029422.html

Pretty soft if you ask me. I know the Letter of the law is that he should be suspended for this weeks game. Heard from some officials that have seen the video and they would have not ejected him for this. My opinion on this he would not have been ejected if the Assistant Commissioner weren't present for the game.

I believe we still have weapons without roach. We also didn't have Ty Schrader playing last week in which is our leading rusher. Roach not playing won't hurt us as much as some would think 

4 hours ago, foxbat said:

Does schedule strength give LCC any advantage at all in this match?  LCC's three losses this season came to West Lafayette, Guerin, and Tri-West ... all three from Class 3A.  Win over ranked 2A RCHS who hung tough with Andrean was also in the mix. 

Didnt renns QB not play in the game against you guys?

31 minutes ago, Paccolpur said:

Pretty soft if you ask me. I know the Letter of the law is that he should be suspended for this weeks game. Heard from some officials that have seen the video and they would have not ejected him for this. My opinion on this he would not have been ejected if the Assistant Commissioner weren't present for the game.

I believe we still have weapons without roach. We also didn't have Ty Schrader playing last week in which is our leading rusher. Roach not playing won't hurt us as much as some would think 

Time for "next man up" ball at LCC again.  Smith stepped in for Schrader last week.  Will see who will step up for Roach this week.  Roach is a difference maker for sure, but there are some hungry guys just waiting to step in and get one of those one-way starter slots for next season and there's no better time to audition than when the chips are down.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Didnt renns QB not play in the game against you guys?

I'm not sure.  I know they had someone out.  @Coach Nowlin can probably go e us the details as well as his take on schedule impact having seen LCC up close and also playing a similar schedule.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:48 AM, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Our sectional was pretty rough.big injuries occurred for us through out the year and Fisher (their qb) tore his acl for Culver.

Our sectional winner should be much better next season. The two favorites NJ returns 13 starters and year 2 under new coach. Winamac will have 9 kids going into their 3rd year of varsity and 7 going into their 2nd year.. Out of those 16. Only 5 are senior to bes. 

39 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Our sectional was pretty rough.big injuries occurred for us through out the year and Fisher (their qb) tore his acl for Culver.

Our sectional winner should be much better next season. The two favorites NJ returns 13 starters and year 2 under new coach. Winamac will have 9 kids going into their 3rd year of varsity and 7 going into their 2nd year.. Out of those 16. Only 5 are senior to bes. 

I will say, I was impressed with the season North Judson had. Having a new coach, even if that coach is promoted from within, doesn't guarantee any kind of success the first year at the helm. So kudos to the Blue Jays. Sounds like Winamac will start to close the gap on NJ, soon with what the program has coming back.