Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A North Semi-State LCC v Adams Central

1 hour ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

I will say, I was impressed with the season North Judson had. Having a new coach, even if that coach is promoted from within, doesn't guarantee any kind of success the first year at the helm. So kudos to the Blue Jays. Sounds like Winamac will start to close the gap on NJ, soon with what the program has coming back.

The gap isn't that far anyway. 

We outgained them the first game and was minus 4 starters ( 4 kids/7 spots). They scored on a bad snap and a garbage time TD. 2nd time around. We were minus 3 kids (6 positions) and got outgained by 79 yards. #1 receiver who missed 4 1\2 games had a wide open TD drop, didnt reach out for 2nd one and there was a bad no call on a PI that would have been a TD. 

Nj should be really good when these freshman are seniors. .. Like state good from what jay fans tell me. 

You could see NJ and Adams Central duking it out in 2022 at semi state. 

South Adams will be the major favorite next year IMO.

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Disdain 1

6 hours ago, foxbat said:

Does schedule strength give LCC any advantage at all in this match?  LCC's three losses this season came to West Lafayette, Guerin, and Tri-West ... all three from Class 3A.  Win over ranked 2A RCHS who hung tough with Andrean was also in the mix. 

That's the BIG question ... now isn't it... Lcc is nearly 100 places better in SOS...  Will it give them a deciding edge?

9 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

Pulling for the Jets in a close one.  Thinking 1 TD win, hoping for more.

8 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

Hopeful for 96-0?

Huh? You lost me there.

But yeah sure, if AC can win by 96 points instead of the 6 or 7 I'm thinking, why the heck not!  That would be a statement win lol.  Think I'll stick with my original prediction.

12 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

Huh? You lost me there.

But yeah sure, if AC can win by 96 points instead of the 6 or 7 I'm thinking, why the heck not!  That would be a statement win lol.  Think I'll stick with my original prediction.

Oct. 17, 2008.  A day that will live in infamy. Never forget

• Disdain 4

16 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Didnt renns QB not play in the game against you guys?

16 hours ago, foxbat said:

I'm not sure.  I know they had someone out.  @Coach Nowlin can probably go e us the details as well as his take on schedule impact having seen LCC up close and also playing a similar schedule.

Yes, SR QB Eli Hickman broke his non throwing hand week before tackling WL runner.   We put Bierma at QB and started to groom the Sophomore.  Wish game would of stayed at Friday night, but mother nature had other plans, came out Saturday and didn't execute as well, seems to be a bugaboo of ours going on 2 years in a row where we completely look like a different team on Saturday morning.   

The following weeks vs Benton Central, Northwestern, and Tipton we started the Sophomore Drone, then moved Bierma back to RB where our playbook was more wide open then it was vs LCC and Bierma at QB.   

Hickman came back for week 1 sectionals with cast and played QB and S with a club on.   Then was able to play with 2 hands vs Andrean.   

This game appears, at least by the numbers, to be an even matchup.  Sagarin has LCC and Adams Central right next to each other in the rankings at 114 and 115 in the state and 4 and 5 in 1A.  Most likely will come down to those "intangibles" that @BendNotBreak always talks about.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, Basementbias said:

AC is also in a "rebuilding" year this year. Believe 26 seniors were lost from last years' semi state team. South Adams was the team that was going to state this year and I'm still in disbelief that our Jets beat them. South Adams will be back next year though so watch out again. However, AC will have some good glasses to come in the future. The Jets have a good 6th grade class, some good 7th grade athletes who fight like this team does, and a very talented 8th grade team. The Freshmen have shown some talent and Cook is a speedster. The sophomore class is a big key to this years team (Heyerly & Currie) as are a few Juniors like Collier. Kudos to this senior class from learning from their predecessors and carrying on the AC football tradition.

I'd think LCC would be the favorite at home and based on the historical matchups. Much like Pioneer, this is another team we have to get the monkey of our back. In fact we have to get the semi state curse off our back. We had only broke it once in the 2000 state championship season against North White. Like I said in another thread, everyone is ecstatic we get to play another week of football for a shot to go to LOS. Especially in a rebuilding year. GO JETS!!!!

Well.... one good thing is.... if the winner of this game... repeats the feat next yr... they wont find themselves in 2A without a paddle..... neither of these 2 fan bases would taunt the FB gods like the Pioneer faithful did.....putting a curse on themselves by saying theyd roll thru 2A... then getting ping pong balled out in a 1st round drubbing......  darned ole intangibles...... LoL

15 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Well.... one good thing is.... if the winner of this game... repeats the feat next yr... they wont find themselves in 2A without a paddle..... neither of these 2 fan bases would taunt the FB gods like the Pioneer faithful did.....putting a curse on themselves by saying theyd roll thru 2A... then getting ping pong balled out in a 1st round drubbing......  darned ole intangibles...... LoL

9salt.gif

7 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Since paper has this game so close.... I'm looking hard at the intangibles........ and for all u men of science out ther.....yes.... they can be quantified.... 😉 

LCC  is playing the wrong team. S Adams would kick their butt this year. AC will get beat. Rivalries, this is the result sometimes. 

1 hour ago, southend said:

LCC  is playing the wrong team. S Adams would kick their butt this year. AC will get beat. Rivalries, this is the result sometimes. 

Calpreps said SA 27 - LCC 20.  Then again, it also says SA 26 - AC 21.

52 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

One of those prediction sites had Fountain Central beating LCC 35-28 or something close to that in 2009. I swear to God they did. 

#Fakenews sounds like Puff who predicted North Daviess running back would have scored 4 times and had 300 yards in 09.

Why would someone from New Haven come in with the hot take of the week that SA would beat LCC's butt? The problem with that hot take..........................We'll never know because SA couldn't kick the butt of AC when it actually mattered. 

[2009] Lafayette Central Catholic (Lafayette, IN) 42, [2009] Fountain Central (Veedersburg, IN) 21

[2010] Lafayette Central Catholic (Lafayette, IN) 35, [2010] Fountain Central (Veedersburg, IN) 20

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, southend said:

LCC is playing the correct team because they're playing the team that was better when it mattered in November.  If you show up and outplay a team in a regional championship, then you have earned the chance to play for a semistate championship.  Sagarin, polls and hype don't determine who the right team is to play.  Friday night results determine that.  It seems like people assumed that it was SA's "fate" to move on and play in LOS.  Teams have to make their own fate at this point in the season.  AC could very well come out flat after an emotional victory and lose to LCC, but that doesn't mean they were the wrong team.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

LCC is playing the correct team because they're playing the team that was better when it mattered in November.  If you show up and outplay a team in a regional championship, then you have earned the chance to play for a semistate championship.  Sagarin, polls and hype don't determine who the right team is to play.  Friday night results determine that.  It seems like people assumed that it was SA's "fate" to move on and play in LOS.  Teams have to make their own fate at this point in the season.  AC could very well come out flat after an emotional victory and lose to LCC, but that doesn't mean they were the wrong team.

If a team is able to make things happen when the chips are down, especially against the odds, I think that says much about them.  This harkens to another thread whether the idea of "the best team always wins" and whether that's true or not was pretty much distilled down to, at least in my eyes, whether folks are talking in a holistic sense or in the moment.  My thought is that, when we are talking tournament time and head-to-head competition, the only measure that matters at that point is in the moment.  There are no "style points" for stats, ratings, schedule strength, etc. ... ultimately, it comes down to what you are able to do in that 48-minute period that determines who was the better team for that game.  To look at items beyond that seems, at least to me, to do a disservice to the team that figured out how to make it happen.  I think AC deserves to be recognized for doing what they did to take an opponent that had won a previous meeting by a four-TD margin and put up 42 points on the board and holding that team to a single TD and effectively shutting them out for three quarters.  Barring things like injuries, like you said, teams make their own fates at this time of the season.  It's been 20 years and a semi-state game since LCC and AC last met ... and the last time they did, LCC eventually ended up with a blue ring.  We'll see how this year plays out as both teams work to make their own fate.  Looking forward to Friday's game. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, southend said:

South Adames was not the Jauggernaut  peeps painted them to be... the Jets proved to b the more hardened team ...on the field...when it mattered most.... kudos to them.... would a stronger SOS have made SA less vulnerable to the Jets.... maybe.... will playing in the Hoosier Conf help Lcc.... I think it dose..... will it b enuff....  idk.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

#Fakenews sounds like Puff who predicted North Daviess running back would have scored 4 times and had 300 yards in 09.

Why would someone from New Haven come in with the hot take of the week that SA would beat LCC's butt? The problem with that hot take..........................We'll never know because SA couldn't kick the butt of AC when it actually mattered. 

[2009] Lafayette Central Catholic (Lafayette, IN) 42, [2009] Fountain Central (Veedersburg, IN) 21

[2010] Lafayette Central Catholic (Lafayette, IN) 35, [2010] Fountain Central (Veedersburg, IN) 20

You don’t think North Daviess matched up with LCC in 2009?🤣

Edited by Donnie Baker

6 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

I dont believe ...emotional letdowns .....exsist at the semi state level..... I therefore discount that thout in my whales an water calculation on wher the intangibles line up..... lol

9 minutes ago, Ben Mussolini said:

The winner of this game will have the privilege of losing to Indianapolis Lutheran in finals.  Hope Flying Jets win because they have a cool nickname, but the Saints will prevail.  Unless West Washington pulls a huge upset of course.  Things like that happen.

Bro......you might want to reconsider that moniker.

.....Harry Tojo?

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ben Mussolini said:

The winner of this game will have the privilege of losing to Indianapolis Lutheran in finals.  Hope Flying Jets win because they have a cool nickname, but the Saints will prevail.  Unless West Washington pulls a huge upset of course.  Things like that happen.

If it's LCC, then it would be their first loss at LOS aka LaRocca South.  They are 5-0 in state championships there and also beat Guerin in a regular-season game there too in 2011. 

15 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Bro......you might want to reconsider that moniker.

.....Harry Tojo?

Why did I read that in Patrick Macnee's voice? Although I think Patrick would have said "My good man" instead of "Bro"

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1