Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills 13-0 at Danville 8-5

Heritage Hills 13-0 at Danville 8-5

This is the 1st meeting between Danville and Heritage Hills.The Patriots come in averaging 39.5 ppg and giving up 6.2 ppg and the Warriers average 30.8 ppg and 
give up 14.7 ppg.The 6.2 ppg the Patriot Defense is giving up is number 1 in the state.

Patriots are ranked number 2 in the IFCA and AP Polls in 3A and Danville is unranked.
Sagarin has Heritage Hills ranked 28th in states and Danville 82nd in state all classes.
Sagarin has the HH schedule ranked as the 126th toughest in state and Danville 116th toughest
in state All classes.

Both teams have had suscess with take aways. The Patriots have intercepted 24 passes and Thrown 1 interception  and lost 7 fumbles and 
recovered 9 opponent fumbles for a +25 turnover ratio.

Danvile has intercepted 14 passes and thrown 4 interceptions  and lost 8 fumbles and recovered 14 opponent fumbles for a +18 turnover ratio.

Note: Maxpreps lists the Danville QB with 5 interceptions, Digital scout lists 4.
(used 4 for above numbers)

Stat Leaders Heritage Hills
Rushing 
Wetzel 135 rushes for 1050 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Sigler 102 rushes for 954 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Rodgers 102 rushes for 612 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Passing
Sigler 36 out of 64 for 625 yards with 8 touchdowns and 1 interception.

Receiving
Feldpausch 13 catches for 285 yards and 5 touchdowns
Wetzel 7 catches for 143 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Mundy 7 catches for 105 yards.

Stat leaders Danville
Rushing
Schubert 302 rushes for 1952 yards and 22 touchdowns.
Payne 86 rushes for 425 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Passing
Payne 117 out of 214 for 1792 yards and 23 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.

Receiving
Wooten 26 catches for 502 yards and 8 touchdowns.
Dostin 35 catches for 340 yards and 6 touchdowns
Wynn 22 catches for 327 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Brabec 12 catches for 283 yards and 1 touchdown.

• Like 1

The best way I can describe the Warriors...a well rounded team that plays within themselves. Nothing flashy. As Dave pointed out, they own a nice +18  turnover ratio. They wait for you to make a mistake and capitalize. 

Their QB Payne is a sophomore and is duel threat. On film he displayed some inaccuracy but was on point last Friday. They’ve got good size at the receiver position as well as in the secondary.

Defensively they did struggle stopping Lincoln on the ground at times, which would play right into hands of the Pats. 

Edited by SEAL_63

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Finally. These teams were on collision courses for years but Chatard was in the way. Excited to play a tradition rich school like Danville. 

So...I just gotta ask- would you rather square off with Chatard in Semi-State, knowing a trip to State is unlikely, but knocking them off makes a State finals appearance that much more “winnable” and that much sweeter??

Or this way around with Chatard waiting up at State?? Not that the path has been easy...but let’s just say playing all public schools in route to a State Finals birth is pretty unheard of in 1/2/3A ?? (Not that it’s there yet, but assuming hypothetically??) 

I don’t mean to damper any excitement or accomplishments, just curious since you brought up this history with Chatard. I’m sure there are plenty of HH teams that would have loved this alignment. (As SR would have if MD somehow magically got moved away lol)

Looks like Clown had as much success at that as Clowns team did when they played FW Concordia the following week. Have fun watching us on the ISC Network. Have a couple Tiger BL’s while you’re at it!

1008A994-6FC3-4FFC-8CB0-02D6478103A3.png

29 minutes ago, WarriorFan46122 said:

Looks like Clown had as much success at that as Clowns team did when they played FW Concordia the following week. Have fun watching us on the ISC Network. Have a couple Tiger BL’s while you’re at it!

1008A994-6FC3-4FFC-8CB0-02D6478103A3.png

Good to know. I’ll be tuning in for sure. 

51 minutes ago, StinkTownClown said:

WFan, WFan, WFan 1.2.3.

get your facts correct....after Stink Town dismantled you, we took on Spin City!

Stink will have Tiger BL' for sure...watching you all get rolled by Heritage HIlls. 

Rings for Stink Town 5 - Tepee Nation 0!

Stink, Stink, Stink 1.2.3

Better get YOUR facts straight before you come at me! Warrior Nation does have 1 (1999). It’s been awhile and we are due. 

We can only hope you get to our level next year so we can make up for 2016. But don’t you worry your big red nose, just sit back and relax while you watch us play on Friday. 

As a fan, I don’t have to worry about it. 

I’m sure the coaches will do their best to get the boys ready. I just wonder where all this disdain for us comes from? 

Relax, Clown....the majority of us here in Danville was rooting for you guys to beat Concordia back in ‘16. But apparently you can’t wish the same kind of luck for us. Thanks anyway....the guys will do the best they can and we’ll see what happens.

WFan, WFan, WFan 1.2.3.

just some Grid FUN to start the Week!

Danville, Danville, has a good team, no hard feelings, STC just thinks they go down in defeat!

Next thing, you are right.....we'll watch on TV, you guys have a chance and all we can do is drink Tiger Bud Lights!

So good luck to Woods Warriors, they'll do the best they can, but in the end, the Patriots will celebrate in Warrior land!

• Like 1

I know nothing about Danville this year, but they were a very tough and well-coached team when we faced them in 2017.  HH looked good Saturday against the Orange Tigers.  The HH run game travels well this time of year.  

ST Clown, is the Yoon kid okay?       

16 hours ago, jets said:

So...I just gotta ask- would you rather square off with Chatard in Semi-State, knowing a trip to State is unlikely, but knocking them off makes a State finals appearance that much more “winnable” and that much sweeter??

Or this way around with Chatard waiting up at State?? Not that the path has been easy...but let’s just say playing all public schools in route to a State Finals birth is pretty unheard of in 1/2/3A ?? (Not that it’s there yet, but assuming hypothetically??) 

I don’t mean to damper any excitement or accomplishments, just curious since you brought up this history with Chatard. I’m sure there are plenty of HH teams that would have loved this alignment. (As SR would have if MD somehow magically got moved away lol)

All three of my class's losses were to Chatard in semistate 15-0, 14-1 x 3 = 57-3 (undefeated as frosh and two years of JV). So you are preaching to the choir, but I wouldn't trade a red ring for a loss in semistate because I've always been an advocate for:

Sectionals: Coaches seed all the teams, Sagarin used to break ties 

Regionals: Reseed based on Sagarin within the semistate (1-8)

Semistate: Neutral field. Reseed the remaining four teams based on Sagarin. 

Just my take. It's blue ring or bust from here on out...Like the NCAA Basketball Final Four. 

There was never any mystique that Chatard was unbeatable especially after 2004 and the winner of the Danville - HH game shouldn't believe so either. 

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

All three of my class's losses were to Chatard in semistate 15-0, 14-1 x 3 = 57-3 (undefeated as frosh and two years of JV). So you are preaching to the choir, but I wouldn't trade a red ring for a loss in semistate because I've always been an advocate for:

Sectionals: Coaches seed all the teams, Sagarin used to break ties 

Regionals: Reseed based on Sagarin within the semistate (1-8)

Semistate: Neutral field. Reseed the remaining four teams based on Sagarin. 

Just my take. It's blue ring or bust from here on out...Like the NCAA Basketball Final Four. 

There was never any mystique that Chatard was unbeatable especially after 2004 and the winner of the Danville - HH game shouldn't believe so either. 

Didn't mean to imply that Chatard couldn't be beat. I know that not to be true as well...was just curious at to thoughts now that the "big bad wolf" so-to-speak was out of the South and moved North. 

50 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Any recommendations on where to eat in Danville? 

La Hacienda (right by the high school), Franks Place (up on the square in Danville), Los Patios all offer adult beverages.  Mayberry is ok (no adult beverages)... 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Any recommendations on where to eat in Danville? 

in 2017, it was raining cats and dogs, so instead of tailgating our folks all met at a Mexican restaurant just north of the Danville campus.  I wasn't there bc I was helping with pregame stuff but everyone said the margaritas were very good.  Don't remember the name of the place though....

20 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

La Hacienda (right by the high school), Franks Place (up on the square in Danville), Los Patios all offer adult beverages.  Mayberry is ok (no adult beverages)... 

HCTB - La Hacienda is the place.  Sorry, I didn't read the other posts....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Ok, so what does Danville do well? How are special teams? Any players missing during the five losses who are back? Jake Powers have any younger brothers to be concerned about? 

LOL.  No younger Powers... He has a son that's like 1 I think.  

Schubert is solid.  They can spread it around and not just to 1 guy.  

20 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Thanks to all for the eating recommendations!  It's very important to stay properly hydrated! 

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Haha 1