Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills 13-0 at Danville 8-5

7 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

LOL.  No younger Powers... He has a son that's like 1 I think.  

Schubert is solid.  They can spread it around and not just to 1 guy.  

Sound similiar to Gibson Southern. The running QB is what concerned HH going into the L-Burg game. HH has the athletes to cover space while they pressure with 6-7 (think Tampa 2, bend but don't break but different implementation.) Regardless, I think we are in for a hard-hitting game. I hope the winner is as close to 100 percent strength heading into State.

56 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Highly recommend this place - ate there a few years back. Food was awesome, people were great, car out front very Mayberry!

I believe the car was removed due it being crashed into by another car and severely damaged back in June:  https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/mayberry-cafe-car-struck-damaged-by-motorist-who-fell-asleep-at-wheel

1 minute ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I would like to see our Sagamore Athletic Conference Brothers get to Lucas Oil... I would like to see how Danville intends to stop the HH Running game.  

You guys played Danville.  Were they healthy when the game was played?  I know that WB and HH run a similar offense and it appeared to me that WB ran it efficiently against Danville.  I know you favor SAC brethren, I get that, but when WB and Danville play each other, is that a big rivalry game??  Who normally has the upper hand in this series??  Just curious is all

13 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

You guys played Danville.  Were they healthy when the game was played?  I know that WB and HH run a similar offense and it appeared to me that WB ran it efficiently against Danville.  I know you favor SAC brethren, I get that, but when WB and Danville play each other, is that a big rivalry game??  Who normally has the upper hand in this series??  Just curious is all

They were healthy. 

It was a conference game and in my opinion it wasn't as close as the score says it was.  We had a TD get called a fumble (because the official was out of position, think Zach Ertz TD a couple of years ago in the Super Bowl)... we ran for 400+ and the game was at Danville.  We also were driving at the end of the game (inside the 10) and Danville chose not to call their last 2 TOs and they let the clock expire.  Webo put together back to back drives that were 80+ yards (I think one was 90+). 

2019--20-14 Webo

2018--46-6 Webo

2017--14-6 Danville

2016--33-17 Danville

2015--28-14 Webo

Edited by 1st_and_10

5 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

They were healthy. 

It was a conference game and in my opinion it wasn't as close as the score says it was.  We had a TD get called a fumble (because the official was out of position, think Zach Ertz TD a couple of years ago in the Super Bowl)... we ran for 400+ and the game was at Danville.  We also were driving at the end of the game (inside the 10) and Danville chose not to call their last 2 TOs and they let the clock expire.  Webo put together back to back drives that were 80+ yards (I think one was 90+). 

2019--20-14 Webo

2018--46-6 Webo

2017--14-6 Danville

2016--33-17 Danville

2015--28-14 Webo

Thanks for the insight!!  I am ready for Friday.....just not another three hour drive!!  

50 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Thanks for the insight!!  I am ready for Friday.....just not another three hour drive!!  

The Patriots are for sure getting hosed this year on traveling during the tournament. Only one playoff game at home. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yes. They used to have one but it closed about 15 years ago.  The building was torn down and replaced with an auto parts store.

Usually they become fine Mexican restaurants.  Hard to get a "speedy" at Auto Zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Usually they become fine Mexican restaurants.  Hard to get a "speedy" at Auto Zone.

Yeah, there is one of those in Lafayette, El Meson I believe is the name.   The Long John Silver's that closed in Frankfort a few years ago wasn't torn down.  It became a gyro place for a little while then that closed (rumor was it was a front for drug trafficking).  Now the building is a Japanese steakhouse.

Back to the game itself - I just don’t see a way HH doesn’t get it done in this one. The fact that Danville seemed to struggle a bit with VL (weren’t they down at half?) seems to tell me everything I need to know about this one. HH punches their ticket to the Oil Can Friday night and starts to prepare for the monumental task that is Chatard

10 hours ago, southend said:

Heritage Hills in this one. Let’s see  if they dominate. I’m not sure if Chatard will be challenged this year either way, but HH is the one to give them a test

Chatard will be cheering on the Patriots in this game because Chatard DEFINITELY does not want to have to play Danville again. Am I right @superjay !?!?

4 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Chatard will be cheering on the Patriots in this game because Chatard DEFINITELY does not want to have to play Danville again. Am I right @superjay !?!?

Those were down Chatard teams in 2016 and 2017, compared to their teams of the early-mid 2000's and early 2010's. I'm sure they'll be jumping for joy if they have to play Danville in LOS. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Those were down Chatard teams in 2016 and 2017, compared to their teams of the early-mid 2000's and early 2010's. I'm sure they'll be jumping for joy if they have to play Danville in LOS. 

I agree -- if Chatard is able to get past Marian, I think both the players and coaching staff would love a chance to play Danville again

• Like 1