Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills 13-0 at Danville 8-5

4 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Danville 24, HH 20

I doubt this game will see that much scoring. 

Good news though. The only teams not named Chatard to beat HH in semistate are in Danville's proximity: Tri West in 2014 and Zionsville in 1996. However both of those losses were at Heritage Hills. Heritage Hills has two semistate wins: vs. Chatard at FC in 2004 and at Roncalli in 2000. (Yes, I'm reaching) 

9 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

2010, 2005, 2004... Yeah not getting much sympathy from 3A when Chatard essentially rarely leaves the donut counties of Marion County. Perhaps being in the north will change that. 

http://pastfb.homestead.com/logs/IndianapolisChatard.htm#loaded

Not looking for sympathy but your assertion isn’t quite accurate. Usually a trip to Cincy, Cov Cath two years ago, Northwood this year. E’ville last year. Bloomington South and Th this year. Besides that, good teams to play right in Indy anyway. 

1 minute ago, BCstate said:

Not looking for sympathy but your assertion isn’t quite accurate. Usually a trip to Cincy, Cov Cath two years ago, Northwood this year. E’ville last year. Bloomington South and Th this year. Besides that, good teams to play right in Indy anyway. 

Good teams like Indianapolis Memorial, erghh?

We aren't counting regular season games... Oh the horror, an hour trip from Indy to Bloomington! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, superjay said:

Chatard is praying for a Heritage Hills win.  Two game losing streak to Danville.

Have a hard time believing the majority of the current players on the squad really care...

From the way they have played since the start of the postseason, this is a different Danville team than the one that played WeBo a month and a half ago. They appear to be hitting harder, are more crisp offensively, and are very solid defensively.

Somebody on here compared Danville to Gibson Southern, am I right? I think Danville is better on both sides of the ball than GS is....didn’t GS have HH down 20-7 late in that game only to let it slip away? If Danville gets up 20-7 late, they won’t let it get away from them.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Have a hard time believing the majority of the current players on the squad really care...

Most of the coaches were there.  Danville won with lesser athletes in 2016.  Trojans got out coached.  Poor Vince ended his career with a loss to Danville.  Too bad you didn't hire Woods to replace Vince.  Then you wouldn't be worried about how to beat him.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, superjay said:

Most of the coaches were there.  Danville won with lesser athletes in 2016.  Trojans got out coached.  Poor Vince ended his career with a loss to Danville.  Too bad you didn't hire Woods to replace Vince.  Then you wouldn't be worried about how to beat him.

Are you speaking to some one specifically/in particular?  This seems sort of personal to you...

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Jets and I agree.  Danville, much like Stinktown, would be a 4th place team in the PAC.

Boy, you guys must have some pretty strong moonshine your using to spike the kool-aid down there! Danville the 4th best team in the PAC? Come on.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

The Chatard/Danville talk can stop- it ain’t gonna happen. HH rolls in this one 28-7

HH by +35.

The South Representative was determined in Sectional 32 and at Lawrenceburg Saturday.

Danville actually lost to N. Montgomery......whom I have seen.  Told me all I needed to know about Danville this year.

The State Championship is between Heritage Hills and either Chatard or Mishawaka Marian.  

edit.  I never do score predictions but this one is easy.

Edited by Lysander

On 11/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, HereComesTheBoom said:

Any recommendations on where to eat in Danville? 

Good Mexican place that all the tigers fan hit up in 2017  right next to the school when it was too cold windy and rainy. I'll give HH some advice about playing @ Danville don't forget the headsets like we did ! I like HH 35-14

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Jets and I agree.  Danville, much like Stinktown, would be a 4th place team in the PAC.

At best (this year).  This is NOT Danville from 2017......or even 2016.

I couldn’t (and won’t) speak to where Lawrenceburg fits.

Edited by Lysander

13 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Good teams like Indianapolis Memorial, erghh?

We aren't counting regular season games... Oh the horror, an hour trip from Indy to Bloomington! 

CJ, don’t know who Indianapolis Memorial is....more so, your point.  Apologies.

Chatard has only played away for some 58 years and had a total of 3 home playoff games EVER.....EVER, but fine, Heritage Hill’s travel the last 2 years is Hell on Earth.  The Trojans just need to suck it up.....like always.

HH’s SOLE worry this Friday only need be  about making the best dinner choices in Danville.  

Myself, I’d suggest The Mayberry.  Good memories there, personally......and a shekel or two in the pocket later as it turned out.  Of course, there’s always Hardee’s, per Muda....gourmet that he is.

Otherwise, save your money for next weekend in Indy.  I have recommendations.

For the record,  don’t overlook Mishawaka Marian.....since HH is already hip deep in game planning next week...

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, superjay said:

No dog in the fight. I will say Bishop Chatard has made the perfect choice in hiring Head Coach Rob Doyle. He was already on staff under legendary Coach Lorenzano. Yes in 3 years he is 30-10. His first season he was 7-6 losing at Danville in Regionals. However he was bringing a completely new Offensive scheme to Chatard in that first season which added the spread offense and throwing more than Chatard typically does. Year 2 was an 11-3 campaign with those 3 losses being to a very athletic Winton Woods OH, an extremely talented Covington Catholic KY, and an very good Evansville Memorial in Semi-State that went on to lose to West Lafayette in State 47-42.

This year in year 3 their lone loss was to Cathedral 31-21 in a game I would say they were highly competitive in. The kids have grasped Doyle's Offense. They still throw the ball effectively but run the ball extremely well too. They still play Chatard hard nosed defense. I think the kids have really bought into Coach Doyle's system and you are seeing them flourish with it now that they are comfotable.

Back to Heritage Hills vs Danville. The Patriots will be one of the better teams Danville has played this year. Danville has played 2 very solid teams this year in Mooresville and Western Boone. They will have to play extremely well to win the game. They can't have a slow start like they have in a few games if they want to win. This could be a close game, but if they start off slow like they did against V. Lincoln Heritage Hills could turn it in to a big win.

• Like 2