Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills 13-0 at Danville 8-5

Please correct me if wrong but the last PAC win vs. SAC team was South Spencer over Tri-West in 1988.  That’s a long time.  I respect the hell out of that Heritage Hills program.  It is the gold standard in that corner of the state.  I think they get it done tonight.  In a low scoring game.   

49 minutes ago, jets said:

Nice Post - finally we have some reason/clarity to this thread. Interesting take on the "run through the playoffs" ...got me thinking. I know HH hasn't had it easy by any means - but interesting that they haven't run up against a P/P school at all in the tourney?? I wish some statistician could tell me when the last time a team in 3A South has had a road to LOS that didn't involve playing or taking out a P/P?? HH gotta feel pretty fortunate in that regard.... 

At least second comment from you about not playing a P/P school.  Not sure of your point other than to somehow try to diminish the run HH is on this postseason.  Oh wait, weren’t you also the one whining about having to play in the mud and not on the pretty, clean turf?  Never mind.    Enjoy the game tonight!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, PhilLee said:

A lot of idiocy in this thread, but here a few facts to actually ponder as we have reached semi-state Friday across the state:

1.  There are 16 teams left in the state of Indiana in 3A-6A.  Of those 16, only 1 did not have to beat a single team during their playoff run with a Sagarin rating better then 100.  That one team is Danville.   Doesn't mean they cannot and/or could not have done so and doesn't mean much once the game kicks off tonight.   But the simple reality is they won a sectional with a few average (at best) teams and beat arguably the worst 3A sectional winner in the past 20 years (if you go off the Sagarin ratings) in the regional last week against Vincennes.  

2.  Have seen the usual and tiring jabs at certain P/P schools (in this case Chatard was brought up) about being "dirty" and certain assertions about undue influence.  For fun, why not go back in the last 4 years and look at every starter who has played at Danville and check where they attended middle school and then compare that with Chatard and their feeder perishes.  Might be very enlightening.  Of the last 4 Danville QB's, only 1 played middle school football at Danville.  Their QB this year miraculously showed up this summer as a sophomore from Avon, where a returning JR starter at QB was ahead of him on the depth chart.  If that would have happened at a Chatard or Mishawaka Marian (just using them as they are 2 teams still playing), we know what the calls from many on this board would be.   

3.  Heritage Hills has already beaten 3 teams during their playoff run better (according to the Sagarins) then Danville.  Again does not mean anything as tonight's outcome, but HH has seen better outfits then what Danville brings to the table.  Danville's best win on the year was at Tri-West in the sectional (after losing to them in the regular season).  HH has 5 or 6 wins this year better then anything Danville has done.   Hence why many who think this game, at least on paper, will not be all that competitive if both teams play at similar levels as we've seen throughout the season.  

Hopefully we some great games across the state tonight.  Something we've haven't seen a ton of at the sectional and regional final levels to this point.  Too many bad matchups and bad games in the 6 classes. 

PhilLee - If I didn’t know better, this insightful, succinct and thoughtful post certainly sounds as if “Dan Jones” has returned to the GID fold.  Always my “go to” when I need to get my head set straight regarding my thinking about HS Football.

If not, then thanks for the insightful, succinct, and thoughtful post.  And I have just found my new “go to” thought leader. 

As to the events of last evening, I can neither confirm or deny alcohol was involved before I passed out.....err.....calmly went to bed  but I am forever puzzled as to whether I am catnip for drunk posters or they for me......but God, I do love them....

HH by +35

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

Nice Post - finally we have some reason/clarity to this thread. Interesting take on the "run through the playoffs" ...got me thinking. I know HH hasn't had it easy by any means - but interesting that they haven't run up against a P/P school at all in the tourney?? I wish some statistician could tell me when the last time a team in 3A South has had a road to LOS that didn't involve playing or taking out a P/P?? HH gotta feel pretty fortunate in that regard.... 

Well, there aren't many to run up against - only 3 p/p football schools South of Indy - Memorial (now 4A) and Mater Dei & Providence (both 2A).  

2 hours ago, StinkTownClown said:

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2.3.

If not for the "success factor" and some "crazy realigning"

neither of these teams would be playing this week!

Thanks IHSAA & Blue Tigers! These two squads owe you a Tiger BL!

STC - You aren’t inferring that certain Sectionals 29 and 30:were redrawn/realigned by certain HS administrative types from a certain school bearing the letters TW somewhat prominently so that said certain school might be able to flow through certain Sectional 29 and over the winner of Sectional 30 to land easily in a certain Semistate slot annually as easily as crap flows through a goose are you?

Are you certain?

I am certain about one thing - that’s the longest run-on sentence I have ever written in my life.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

At least second comment from you about not playing a P/P school.  Not sure of your point other than to somehow try to diminish the run HH is on this postseason.  Oh wait, weren’t you also the one whining about having to play in the mud and not on the pretty, clean turf?  Never mind.    Enjoy the game tonight!  

Damn - people sure are sensitive. I was asking a genuine question as it seems to be a very rare feat (not playing a P/P school) and was curious how many times that may/may not have happened. With Chatard/Memorial now out of the picture obviously that could become more of the norm now. Geez...

BTW - I was in attendance in L'burg rooting on the Patriots and our PAC brethren. Would be cool to see a PAC school up their representing. 

19 minutes ago, tango said:

Well, there aren't many to run up against - only 3 p/p football schools South of Indy - Memorial (now 4A) and Mater Dei & Providence (both 2A).  

Scenia, Heritage Christain, Brebuff, etc...plenty of them you failed to mention. Heck there has been years we've seen 3 straight P/P schools on the way up to a trip to LOS. 

9 minutes ago, Bcaster said:

Honest question. I’m assuming I-69, I-465, then west on US 36 is the best way to go. Online map sites saying to take SR 39 north from Martinsville. Thoughts from those familiar with the area? Thanks!

Stay away from US36 Going west from 465.  IT's a cluster going through Avon and in to Danville.  39 North though a bit curvy is the way to go.

28 minutes ago, jets said:

Scenia, Heritage Christain, Brebuff, etc...plenty of them you failed to mention. Heck there has been years we've seen 3 straight P/P schools on the way up to a trip to LOS. 

Apparently people can't spell the names of P/P schools either. Chalk it up to another P/P inherent advantage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bcaster said:

Honest question. I’m assuming I-69, I-465, then west on US 36 is the best way to go. Online map sites saying to take SR 39 north from Martinsville. Thoughts from those familiar with the area? Thanks!

36 can be a parking lot on Friday Night at times. My suggestion is to take 39 north.

29 minutes ago, jets said:

BTW - I was in attendance in L'burg rooting on the Patriots and our PAC brethren. Would be cool to see a PAC school up their representing.

Alright then, since you were supporting our boys!  I might be feeling a little bit fiesty and on edge ready to watch the Patriots unleash the BOOM!  :classic_angry:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

if I had a nickle every time I butchered Brebeuf ....... lots of nickels........

”Bree-buf” Is the proper phonetics in Franklin County were I grew up.  

That how we say it down there.....actually that’s how I still say it if I am hanging around with folks from Brebeuf.

They seem to really like that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bcaster said:

DO NOT take 39 directly off off 67, as there is a bridge out a couple miles up. You can continue past 39 on 67 a few miles to Centerton, and take Robb Hill road to hit 39 beyond the construction. Be careful at Centerton, as it is a funky stoplighted 4 lane intersection.

Im expecting a comfortable HH win. The Sag wasn't great this year outside of Webo and Danville has had maybe the easiest trip to semi state I've ever seen. They aren't nearly as good as they were the last couple of years. 

Edited by Teddy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

if I had a nickle every time I butchered Brebeuf ....... lots of nickels........

Yet you can say Rennnn......Renz.....Renseaalleeer.....uh, never mind, BOMBERS.

Edited by gonzoron

Just after what I saw last week of HH, I’m picking them tonight. Extremely disciplined and I felt they were in control of that game even before the LB QB went down. I’ll miss the webcast tonight if there is one due to my little girl playing basketball. She’s 6’3”, but she’s still my little girl. I would say baby, but my baby is a boy and he’s 6’5/278.