Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A North Semi State: Bishop Chatard @ Mishawaka Marian

7 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Interesting factoid about the Semistate games in general.  

Of the remaining teams playing one another in the 2A, 3A, 4A or 5A Semistate games, none have played one another in at last 35 years - if ever.

Interesting! Not sure if all kickoff times are confirmed, but can't believe there isn't one Saturday game (per Harrell's site)

1 hour ago, bigfish said:

Looking forward to this weekend's game. Any Marian fans on here?

Also: how is the tailgating scene? Any bar/restaurant recommendations?

Downtown Mishawaka, Prized Pig is a new BBQ joint...pick up your tailgating meat there and head back to Roc's (also right downtown) after the game.

Southside of SB, where you will get off of 31 has BW's, WIngs Etc, Hacienda, and the usual Applebees/McD's/etc.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bigfish said:

Interesting! Not sure if all kickoff times are confirmed, but can't believe there isn't one Saturday game (per Harrell's site)

Me either - one game in particular.  People never learn.  I pick EM to win that one by at least 3TDs.

BTW after Friday’s game at Marian, Chatard will have had 4 of 5 tournament games away (80%), spent about 11.5 hours on the road and traveled roughly 650 miles (back and forth miles/time).  

Crazy.  Wonder how that matches up to the remaining teams. 

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, SBFootball1 said:

Downtown Mishawaka, Prized Pig is a new BBQ joint...pick up your tailgating meat there and head back to Roc's (also right downtown) after the game.

Southside of SB, where you will get off of 31 has BW's, WIngs Etc, Hacienda, and the usual Applebees/McD's/etc.

Crooked Ewe Brewery, Hensell's Oaken Bucket, and CJ's Pub are the bars I'd hit up if you're staying on the South Bend side of things.  

Crooked Ewe Brewery opened in the past few years and seems to have gathered quite the following.  It's just west of Miami on Lincolnway.  Not my cup of tea but lots of people I know love it.

CJ's (downtown South Bend) and Oaken Bucket (just north of the river on Ironwood) are great places to just grab a burger and a beer.  For my money, CJ's has the best burgers around.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

BTW after Friday’s game at Marian, Chatard will have had 4 of 5 tournament games away (80%), spent about 11.5 hours on the road and traveled roughly 650 miles (back and forth miles/time).  

Interesting. 

Heritage Hills' approximate travel figures below.  I don't have the exact 2000 State Championship figures but know that team only had one home game as well.

Sectional - (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
Round 1 - at Corydon Central - 116 minute drive (116 miles)
Round 2 - at Gibson Southern - 90 minute drive (96 miles)
Round 3 - Home vs Southridge

Regional- (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
at Lawrenceburg - 332 minute drive (370 miles)

Semi-state- (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
at Danville - 338 minute drive  (304 miles)

Totals -
Hours driven - 14.6 hrs
Miles traveled - 886 miles

JUST WIN BABY!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

2 hours ago, SBFootball1 said:

Was in Mishawaka over the weekend and Roc's has closed down. Not sure when and why but just saw this on Saturday. Scoobies, in downtown Mishawaka, has some awesome subs and burgers but closes early, like 5pm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

Interesting factoid about the Semistate games in general.  

Of the remaining teams playing one another in the 2A, 3A, 4A or 5A Semistate games, none have played one another in at last 35 years - if ever.

Very interesting!  I love factoids like that. 

34 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I know this has been brought up a gillion times, but how is Chatard possibly on the road? I thought for sure they would be home.  

Determining Home Team
Classes A, 3A & 5A
*Regional non-host, if applicable, or lower sectional # (i.e., Sect. 1 is lower than Sect. 2).
Classes 2A, 4A & 6A
*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1).

*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host.

Both Chatard and Mishawaka Marian hosted Sectional Championship, and both Chatard and Mishawaka Marian played on the road in Regionals. So it defers to the lower sectional number Mishawaka Marian is Sectional 26 and Chatard is 28

8 hours ago, tango said:

Very interesting!  I love factoids like that. 

Yeah, I was just browsing John Harrell’s upcoming game capsules and saw that Chatard and Mishawaka Marian had not played one another in football in at least 35 years (which is as far back as Harrell goes) and out of curiosity I scanned the other classes realizing that the same situation existed for all the 2A-5A games.

Just one of those weird and interesting things that appealed to my short attention span.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know that this question is going to sound a little inappropriate but I am going to ask anyway:  I know that Mishawaka Marian has had a great season, this is undeniable.  But down here in the south all we have heard is how unstoppable Chatard is!!  Question: Is there a chance in this game for an upset??  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

But down here in the south all we have heard is how unstoppable Chatard is!! 

Tiapride is normally recommended for individual auditory hallucinations.

The fact that it’s being heard en masse is troubling, though.

Edited by Lysander
  • Kill me now 1

47 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I know that this question is going to sound a little inappropriate but I am going to ask anyway:  I know that Mishawaka Marian has had a great season, this is undeniable.  But down here in the south all we have heard is how unstoppable Chatard is!!  Question: Is there a chance in this game for an upset??  

Marian has had a great season, only losing to Mishawaka in a tight game.  Having said that, our starting RB went out in the second quarter of the Sectional Championship game against Jimtown, and in the third quarter of that game our starting QB went out.  Neither played last week, and our offense is definitely challenged without them.  I am not hearing optimism about them being back for Friday. 

At full strength it would have been a huge challenge for the Knights to hang with Chatard.  Without the starting QB or RB.... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Knight82 said:

Marian has had a great season, only losing to Mishawaka in a tight game.  Having said that, our starting RB went out in the second quarter of the Sectional Championship game against Jimtown, and in the third quarter of that game our starting QB went out.  Neither played last week, and our offense is definitely challenged without them.  I am not hearing optimism about them being back for Friday. 

At full strength it would have been a huge challenge for the Knights to hang with Chatard.  Without the starting QB or RB.... 

Dang, that's horrible. What happened?

Edited by bigfish
-

5 minutes ago, Knight82 said:

Sorry about the injuries.  I had heard they were down last week.  Hopefully they will be available Friday.

Any word as to whether this game might be on WHME TV?  I think they do a great job.  Chatard/NorthWood earlier this year was broadcast on WHME.  Since they are out of a South Bend, I assume this Semistate game would be their Game of the Week considering Marian is the closest area team still in the playoffs.

Just now, Lysander said:

Sorry about the injuries.  I had heard they were down last week.  Hopefully they will be available Friday.

Any word as to whether this game might be on WHME TV?  I think they do a great job.  Chatard/NorthWood earlier this year was broadcast on WHME.  Since they are out of a South Bend, I assume this Semistate game would be their Game of the Week considering Marian is the closest area team still in the playoffs.

Yes, Channel 46 will be carrying this game.  Agreed - they do a very good job of calling a game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

Great question, answer is a resounding no. And this is before I heard about the injuries. We all know how the northern teams fare against the metro teams. Chatard is great up front, looking better every week. Great skill position players as well and have stayed healthy all season (maybe because nearly every game had been a running clock.) This is the best Chatard team I have ever seen and this game might remind me of the drubbing Chatard used to lay on SB St Joes in LOS and the RCA dome. I’ve said my prayers for Marian and hope the rest of the boys can stay healthy. To you Chatard fans, can’t wait for you all to get back and play in Indy! Seems like a while since I’ve been able to watch some Catholic school ball. See you at LOS

• Like 1

Curious.  I know all the archdiocese and their schools seem very different from one another in each of the cities in which they exist but I have often wondered if Marian and Chatard are possibly counterparts of one another.  One in Northern Indiana, one in Central.

Can anyone familiar with both schools speak to similarities and differences?  I am talking more as to the schools and their makeups as opposed to any specifics regarding football.

Again, curious.

31 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Curious.  I know all the archdiocese and their schools seem very different from one another in each of the cities in which they exist but I have often wondered if Marian and Chatard are possibly counterparts of one another.  One in Northern Indiana, one in Central.

Can anyone familiar with both schools speak to similarities and differences?  I am talking more as to the schools and their makeups as opposed to any specifics regarding football.

Again, curious.

1) They both recruit the same

2) They both control enrollment the same

3) They both have quality family involvement

4) Did I say they both recruit the same??????

Ha ha ha ha ha I am only kidding I promise!!!!!  Just having some fun

• Haha 2
  • Disdain 1