Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A North Semi State: Bishop Chatard @ Mishawaka Marian

3 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

1) They both recruit the same

2) They both control enrollment the same

3) They both have quality family involvement

4) Did I say they both recruit the same??????

Ha ha ha ha ha I am only kidding I promise!!!!!  Just having some fun

hilarious...and old

• Like 3

On 11/18/2019 at 11:08 AM, HereComesTheBoom said:

Interesting. 

Heritage Hills' approximate travel figures below.  I don't have the exact 2000 State Championship figures but know that team only had one home game as well.

Sectional - (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
Round 1 - at Corydon Central - 116 minute drive (116 miles)
Round 2 - at Gibson Southern - 90 minute drive (96 miles)
Round 3 - Home vs Southridge

Regional- (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
at Lawrenceburg - 332 minute drive (370 miles)

Semi-state- (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
at Danville - 338 minute drive  (304 miles)

Totals -
Hours driven - 14.6 hrs
Miles traveled - 886 miles

JUST WIN BABY!

I did a google search for distances from Heritage Hills to the high schools we played in 2000 and 2004 because if we win Friday we would have 3 trips to state and only 1 home game each time.

Did the high school distances and added Indianapolis distance for the final and used Indy for Chatard 2004 also because believe game was at Pike but cant remember for sure. 

@ Washington 93.8
@ Mount Vernon 114.4
Memorial home
@ Whiteland 265
@ Roncalli 278.4
State 279.8
total miles round trip 1031.4

@ Sullivan 182.2
@ Princeton 102
Mater Dei home
@ Batesville 351.8
@ Chatard 279.8
State  279.8
total miles round trip 1195.6

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

I did a google search for distances from Heritage Hills to the high schools we played in 2000 and 2004 because if we win Friday we would have 3 trips to state and only 1 home game each time.

Did the high school distances and added Indianapolis distance for the final and used Indy for Chatard 2004 also because believe game was at Pike but cant remember for sure. 

@ Washington 93.8
@ Mount Vernon 114.4
Memorial home
@ Whiteland 265
@ Roncalli 278.4
State 279.8
total miles round trip 1031.4

@ Sullivan 182.2
@ Princeton 102
Mater Dei home
@ Batesville 351.8
@ Chatard 279.8
State  279.8
total miles round trip 1195.6

You’ll have to recalculate for 04.  That was played at Franklin Central.  07 was Pike. 

As for those guaranteeing a Chatard victory, I hope the team isn’t paying attention to that talk.  Opponents have been overlooked before for a disappointing Friday, including that trip to Franklin township. 

Tournament

08- Ev Memorial

05- Northwood

04- Heritage Hills

Regular Season

01-Broad Ripple

07-Arlington

12-Ritter

13-Brebuef

19 hours ago, Trojan88 said:

hilarious...and old

I looked at Chatard's roster on line.  They list the schools their players come from.  Most are from their parochial feeder schools.

And with open enrollment what is the real issue?

They are calling for heavy rain on Thursday.  Marian's field is decent but not sure how the rain would effect it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

I looked at Chatard's roster on line.  They list the schools their players come from.  Most are from their parochial feeder schools.

And with open enrollment what is the real issue?

They are calling for heavy rain on Thursday.  Marian's field is decent but not sure how the rain would effect it.

no issue as far as I am concerned...just responding to the "recruiting" comment which is a perception with no reality....as far as Chatard goes that is

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

no issue as far as I am concerned...just responding to the "recruiting" comment which is a perception with no reality....as far as Chatard goes that is

There are 74 players of the 80 on the roster listed with a feeder school affiliation.

When my son played on the 2011 state championship team, 21 of 22 starters were from a feeder school.

But, of course, don't let facts get in the way of accusations

Edited by bigfish
-
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, Lysander said:

Sorry about the injuries.  I had heard they were down last week.  Hopefully they will be available Friday.

Any word as to whether this game might be on WHME TV?  I think they do a great job.  Chatard/NorthWood earlier this year was broadcast on WHME.  Since they are out of a South Bend, I assume this Semistate game would be their Game of the Week considering Marian is the closest area team still in the playoffs.

Lysander, This game is WHME's TV46 game of the week.  Live feed on WHME's facebok page will be live and they rebroadcast the game @ 11:00  on Friday night and again @ 9:00 Saturday morning.  As you said, Chuck, Bob and Bo do a great job with their telecast of football and basketball.

14 hours ago, Mod22 said:

Lysander, This game is WHME's TV46 game of the week.  Live feed on WHME's facebok page will be live and they rebroadcast the game @ 11:00  on Friday night and again @ 9:00 Saturday morning.  As you said, Chuck, Bob and Bo do a great job with their telecast of football and basketball.

Mod22,  

I thought the 46 broadcast of the Chatard/Northwood game ranks amongst the best HS TV broadcasts I have ever seen in Indiana...including the State Championships.  Really impressive.  Chuck Freeby and Bo Hundt were....just....exceptionally excellent.  The Bill Beck sideline interviews were particularly cool. 

South Bend should consider itself lucky.  The broadcast I watched far exceeds anything I have seen on Indy area TV.......not even closely comparable.

BTW, hoping Bob Nagle(?) is doing better.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 3

On 11/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, TeddyGuerin said:

Great question, answer is a resounding no. And this is before I heard about the injuries. We all know how the northern teams fare against the metro teams. Chatard is great up front, looking better every week. Great skill position players as well and have stayed healthy all season (maybe because nearly every game had been a running clock.) This is the best Chatard team I have ever seen and this game might remind me of the drubbing Chatard used to lay on SB St Joes in LOS and the RCA dome. I’ve said my prayers for Marian and hope the rest of the boys can stay healthy. To you Chatard fans, can’t wait for you all to get back and play in Indy! Seems like a while since I’ve been able to watch some Catholic school ball. See you at LOS

Drubbing of St. Joe?  They beat St. Joe 28-14 and 21-7 in 2010 & 2011.  AND, in the 2010 game, Chatard was up 14-7 and St. Joe was driving only to have the ball snapped over the QB's head for a scoop and score...a 14 point swing.  

8 minutes ago, FormerCoach said:

Drubbing of St. Joe?  They beat St. Joe 28-14 and 21-7 in 2010 & 2011.  AND, in the 2010 game, Chatard was up 14-7 and St. Joe was driving only to have the ball snapped over the QB's head for a scoop and score...a 14 point swing.  

Definitely agree - neither game was a blowout. Although IIRC, Chatard was up 21-0 early in 1st half in 2011.

2010 was a different story. If that snap doesn't go over QB's head, who knows how that would've turned out. Matthews (I think?) was a great QB for SBSJ

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FormerCoach said:

It was no drubbing....tough, tough game..  Helluva tight game.  St. Joe was driving and, frankly, didn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon.  

That Scoop and Score absolutely changed the game.  The linebacker who scooped was also the kickoff returner and quite often the long yardage third down tailback.  Honestly, probably the worst possible person to lay the ball and an open field in front of.

Admittedly, in our household, that particular play is remembered with great (and very personal) fondness.

To this day, I  wonder if that 62 yd play wasn’t a record for a fumble return.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FormerCoach said:

Regardless, we know your teams up in northern Indiana don’t fair well against chatard, especially this late in the season. Quite frankly, the only team up there that could beat Chatard is those Golden Domers. I’m thinking about making the trip up there for the game anyway if the wife lets me. What’s the best BBQ place in town?  

On 11/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, HereComesTheBoom said:

Interesting. 

Heritage Hills' approximate travel figures below.  I don't have the exact 2000 State Championship figures but know that team only had one home game as well.

Sectional - (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
Round 1 - at Corydon Central - 116 minute drive (116 miles)
Round 2 - at Gibson Southern - 90 minute drive (96 miles)
Round 3 - Home vs Southridge

Regional- (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
at Lawrenceburg - 332 minute drive (370 miles)

Semi-state- (All round trip numbers per Google Maps)
at Danville - 338 minute drive  (304 miles)

Totals -
Hours driven - 14.6 hrs
Miles traveled - 886 miles

JUST WIN BABY!

Classic private school making excuses before they lose....."too much traveling"

18 hours ago, TeddyGuerin said:

Regardless, we know your teams up in northern Indiana don’t fair well against chatard, especially this late in the season. Quite frankly, the only team up there that could beat Chatard is those Golden Domers. I’m thinking about making the trip up there for the game anyway if the wife lets me. What’s the best BBQ place in town?  

Chatard is a whole different type of program than many up north.  They remind of Hobart and the Howell days.  The have a tradition rich program and it just continues.  SJ has played them 4 times I believe.  The 2 games in the state finals were good games but the one game the fumble was the killer and the other Taylor got hurt in the semi state and tried to play but was no where near the player he was.  I m anxious to see Chatard now after watching them against Northwood.  You want to prepare for the tournament.  You may want to schedule them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Yeah....that guy was deep, deep into his cups last night.  

I am thinking “The Evil Czech Brewery” is early dinner tonight based on what I have seen, btw.

Can't ever go wrong with Evil Czech. Original, delicious food, tasty beer, and it's only like a 10 min drive to Marian too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Chatard is a whole different type of program than many up north.  They remind of Hobart and the Howell days.  The have a tradition rich program and it just continues.  SJ has played them 4 times I believe.  The 2 games in the state finals were good games but the one game the fumble was the killer and the other Taylor got hurt in the semi state and tried to play but was no where near the player he was.  I m anxious to see Chatard now after watching them against Northwood.  You want to prepare for the tournament.  You may want to schedule them.

My guess is Chatard will look much the same as they did at Northwood for anyone who has viewed the game.  There have been a few dings but for the most part, it’s the same ballclub playing the same way.  When they are “on” they are a lot of fun to watch and can pile up a bunch of points in no time.  I think they scored 42 points within about 13 minutes after the half last week.   Very different from the grinding (but effective) style versus St. Joe in 2010 and 2011 (although the 2011 guys would throw the ball around).

I know Chatard and Marian have played lacrosse against one another recently but that might be the only HS games they have played one another in near memory.  I am looking forward to visiting their facility.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1