Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Other 6A Semi-State: Merrillville @ Carmel

49 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

As a former Duneland player I applaud your optimism and hyperbole towards all Region teams.  But, this one will be over by halftime. 

Special “region flavored” kool-aid?

30 minutes ago, Da Region said:

Sweet, where can we pick up some of that?

Ask Ryan.  He just dropped that the 5th best player on the field tomorrow night is one of the best players “seen in country”.

If that’s the case, I expect to see near 100 next level scouts in attendance at Carmel.  Get there early.

40 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Carmel's peaking the right time...just like the other MIC combatants.

In large part to the offense finally gaining traction, which in turn took some of the pressure off of the defense and limited their snaps. If injuries force some guys out tomorrow there's a chance that we might see the offense regress back to what it was during the first half of the season.

4 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

I wonder what Temptation is gonna say when there are 4 Region teams in the state finals. I look forward to bus full of cruel remarks and excuses coming my way.

@Coach Nowlin, maybe this guy is in the mood for some betting action???

@Ryan11p:  Make me an offer based on your statement above...PLEASE.

5 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Since I'm a responsible adult with children and betting on amateur sports is illegal in the state of Indiana I'll pass. Leave it to this Temptation to illicit illegal activity on a high school football forum.

🙄  

Whatever helps you sleep tonight Brutus.

FWIW:  Two region teams MAX.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Now that's funny, Valpo, Hobart, and Andrean will win Merrillville is the only ? I'll be sure to remind you that I told ya so tomorrow night 

Valpo - 70 percent chance 

Andrean - 60 percent chance

Hobart - 40 percent chance

Merrillville - 10 percent chance 

Might want to check the top of the tourney pick em standings Urb.

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Valpo - 70 percent chance 

Andrean - 60 percent chance

Hobart - 40 percent chance

Merrillville - 10 percent chance 

Might want to check the top of the tourney pick em standings Urb.

And your suggesting these mean anything? Who cares about the tourney pick em standings. A bunch of bias fans picking the team they hope wins. I just watched a preview show up here and they do a weekly poll and guess what? According to the poll all the region teams over 70% slated to win. I dont look at polls I watch hours of film do hours research and make up my own mind. Let's stop ruining this games forum, I'll accept your apology tomorrow night after the games.

3 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

And your suggesting these mean anything? Who cares about the tourney pick em standings. A bunch of bias fans picking the team they hope wins. I just watched a preview show up here and they do a weekly poll and guess what? According to the poll all the region teams over 70% slated to win. I dont look at polls I watch hours of film do hours research and make up my own mind. Let's stop ruining this games forum, I'll accept your apology tomorrow night after the games.

You accusing folks of bias is classic.  You stated that Merrilville’s second best player was “one of the best in the country”.

You’re picking games with your heart as a fan boy.  I’ve got no dog in the fight.

Have a good night Schlichter.

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, Temptation said:

@Coach Nowlin, maybe this guy is in the mood for some betting action???

@Ryan11p:  Make me an offer based on your statement above...PLEASE.

32 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Since I'm a responsible adult with children and betting on amateur sports is illegal in the state of Indiana I'll pass. Leave it to this Temptation to illicit illegal activity on a high school football forum.

Easy their my region friend, get some Pierogis and chill pal

I know you are new around here, however, Mr. Temptation is simply asking if anyone wants to bet booster status, not hard cash. 

You see this website is funded by our great members, completely free, each year we ask our amazing community to chip in.   

Over the years, a way to have HARMLESS discussion among our rabid fans is some folks will bet booster status, ($25) in behalf of GID. 

Its all blubber, some folks have fun with and honor said "bet" and send money to fund our website, others do not.     To my knowledge, there has not been a "bet" taken with real money exchanged among members.  

We are talking Free Will donations here, as seen here:  https://gridirondigest.net/clients/donations/1-2019-20-budget/

Take a deep breathe and Go Brickies!!!  (I don't want to lose my region card)  

12 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Love the passion:  Fired up for Da Region  

RSN would be proud of you.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

I think you should explain what your talking about prior to quoting ppl challenging them to bets. 

I usually look for someone to make an outlandish prediction Columbus East vs Cathedral in the 2017 (a guy said Cathedral was going to win by 21 or more). I took the bet, Columbus East won by 29.

I saw another guy say Cathedral was going to beat New PAL by 14 or more.. I don’t pocket the money, I just bet them 50 and the loser has to send the money to the GID. Kinda a win win for the site and whoever won the bet. 

We have had a really strong year on donations, looking forward to this site remaining free for everyone. 

• Like 1