Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A South Semi-State West Washington @ Indianapolis Lutheran

Didn't want our semi-state match-up to be the only one without a thread on GID. I realize WW is the decided underdog in this game, just wanted to hear some folks ideas on what we would have to do to win this game. Have been following 1A all year and am well aware of Lutheran's strengths and weaknesses (none of which seemed to display in their contest with NV).

WW has had a strong defense all season with the Paoli and Salem games being the only exceptions. The last two games have been our best two examples of complete games on both sides of the ball. We had a strong goal line stand at the end of the 1st half to hold North Decatur to a field goal instead of a touchdown which seemed to shift momentum in the 2nd half.

Probably will require a "perfect" game on our part with some turnovers from Lutheran in order for us to advance. But then again that is why we suit up and play the game. Looking forward to this game and rooting hard for the Senators. 

Anyone else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

West Washington. So strange to not see a team like Linton or Perry Central. I can't keep up with the class changes North Daviess? 

Haha. We've been knocking on the door for a few years but Linton wouldnt open it. Now they moved outta the neighborhood. 

10 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

Didn't want our semi-state match-up to be the only one without a thread on GID. I realize WW is the decided underdog in this game, just wanted to hear some folks ideas on what we would have to do to win this game. Have been following 1A all year and am well aware of Lutheran's strengths and weaknesses (none of which seemed to display in their contest with NV).

WW has had a strong defense all season with the Paoli and Salem games being the only exceptions. The last two games have been our best two examples of complete games on both sides of the ball. We had a strong goal line stand at the end of the 1st half to hold North Decatur to a field goal instead of a touchdown which seemed to shift momentum in the 2nd half.

Probably will require a "perfect" game on our part with some turnovers from Lutheran in order for us to advance. But then again that is why we suit up and play the game. Looking forward to this game and rooting hard for the Senators. 

Anyone else?

Several weeks ago, Cascade threw over Lutheran's secondary for 6 lengthy TD's, but had 3 called back by penalty. Saw your guys against ND last week--a good QB and two quality big receivers--whether you can get behind them like that I don't know. Not certain Lutheran will have to honor the run like they did that night either. At full strength, I think you guys could give them all they want--as it is, McFadden may be too much to handle.

• Like 1

A honest unbiased opinion. Its gonna be obviously tough. Even if we had maintained full health all year this wouldve been a tough game. I think we can score but I doubt we've seen an offense all year like Lutherans. 1-2 is our record against them. I look for Lutheran to win and to win state. 

Im really happy for the kids and coaching staff to finally break through. Had some really good teams over the years that couldnt get out of regionals. Looking forward to seeing them all compete and be ready to play. Good luck to both teams and shall the winner hit state without any injuries this weekend. 

• Like 1

I admit this game will be a challenge for us, just want to emphasize that this group of Senators have earned the right to be on the field with any 1A team in the state. 
I’m believing for an upset by the Senators. We are playing the best football we have played all year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SenatorFan said:

I admit this game will be a challenge for us, just want to emphasize that this group of Senators have earned the right to be on the field with any 1A team in the state. 
I’m believing for an upset by the Senators. We are playing the best football we have played all 

Interesting footnote: after traveling to Sheridan for the Sectional opener, Lutheran will host their 4th straight tournament game on Friday. Everything is falling in place for the Saints 1st trip to LOS after falling just 1 game short in 14, 16, 17, 18.

image.png.33aefbce16f7adfcc27d2b516a00c489.png

Saints 35, Senators 12. 

I've not seen West Washington, but have seen Lutheran and they are tough.   They will be too much for either Adams Central or Lafayette CC. 

It would be nice to see this game played in Campbellsburg.  IHSAA should never allow a team to play 4 consecutive home games in tournament.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:34 PM, Ben Mussolini said:

Saints 35, Senators 12. 

I've not seen West Washington, but have seen Lutheran and they are tough.   They will be too much for either Adams Central or Lafayette CC. 

It would be nice to see this game played in Campbellsburg.  IHSAA should never allow a team to play 4 consecutive home games in tournament.

Hope Lutheran's team isn't looking looking ahead like some of the fans are lol.

Agree 100% with you regarding post season home games.