Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

BEST QB IN THE STATE?

Who do you guys all think is the best QB in the state of Indiana? Watching my brother play in the Mid-State Conference i saw some decent QB play from Drew Byerly and even DC's QB was solid. But i think the best QB in the state is Xavier Tunitis from Martinsville. Let me tell you that kid can really sling it. Hell of an arm and is just as accurate as they come. 

Why am I not surprised you named a Martinsville QB? In no particular order, it's likely the QB from Homestead, LN, or Gibson Southern. Homestead's QB is going to be a Top 100-150 basketball recruit, so we won't know where he could have played football. I've seen highlights of LN's QB and that kid has a very, very, elite skillset. I would be surprised if he couldn't pick his destination. I haven't seen Gibson Southern's QB, but he is very highly rated for a Sophomore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Martinsville Fan said:

Who do you guys all think is the best QB in the state of Indiana? Watching my brother play in the Mid-State Conference i saw some decent QB play from Drew Byerly and even DC's QB was solid. But i think the best QB in the state is Xavier Tunitis from Martinsville. Let me tell you that kid can really sling it. Hell of an arm and is just as accurate as they come. 

Kyle Adams at West Laf., Luke Goode at Homestead.,Brady Allen at Gibson Southern will probably be the next big time QB recruit for the state. Ben Easters at Brownsburg (Kansas Commit)...Henry Hesson at Avon will be a D1 kid

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Martinsville Fan said:

Tunitis made one of the best throws I've seen from a high school QB against us to the back of the end zone. If I remember right the receiver didn't complete the catch, but the throw was ridiculous. I have no clue who the best QB in the state is, but Tunitis is definitely talented. Probably didn't get enough attention this year.  

2 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Why am I not surprised you named a Martinsville QB? In no particular order, it's likely the QB from Homestead, LN, or Gibson Southern. Homestead's QB is going to be a Top 100-150 basketball recruit, so we won't know where he could have played football. I've seen highlights of LN's QB and that kid has a very, very, elite skillset. I would be surprised if he couldn't pick his destination. I haven't seen Gibson Southern's QB, but he is very highly rated for a Sophomore.

Yea youre probably right I am a little biased but i saw that kid outplay every QB he faced other than the FC QB who had 8 total tds. And in that game Tunitis had 480 yards passing and had 5 total tds. Luke Goode is verbally committed to Iowa to play basketball the last time I checked.

6 minutes ago, TrenchWarfare58 said:

Tunitis made one of the best throws I've seen from a high school QB against us to the back of the end zone. If I remember right the receiver didn't complete the catch, but the throw was ridiculous. I have no clue who the best QB in the state is, but Tunitis is definitely talented. Probably didn't get enough attention this year.  

Right and I believe it's because he is a little undersized at 5 ft 9 which isnt ideal for a next level QB, but man can that kid play.

3 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

James Arnold, South Adams. Threw for over 3,000 yards and 43 TD's. Could drop a penny in a coke can from 40 yards away. 

Those stats are very impressive, numbers dont lie. Tunitis final stat line he threw for 2300 yds, 23 tds, a qb rate of 116, 68% completions, and missed a game and a half due to a shoulder injury on his throwing arm. Not saying one is better than the other, but both guys had a hell of a year.

46 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

James Arnold, South Adams. Threw for over 3,000 yards and 43 TD's. Could drop a penny in a coke can from 40 yards away. 

James passing numbers this year are better than any of the career passing leaders in South Adams history. I think Harvard is giving him a look, and seems to have the size and ability of a potential D-1 guy. 

From the Fort Wayne area I would rank the best QBs as Luke Goode (Ft. Wayne), Bailey Parker (East Noble) and Jeffery Becker (Carroll).  Goode is a pure pocket passer even though the Spartans run a read option offense. He has over 2,700 yards passing with 27 TDs and only 2 ints. Goode didn't run much, but showed that he could move outside the pocket and look for his secondary receivers or throw the ball away, which is why he only threw 2 picks.

Parker is the areas best dual-threat QB also with over 2,700 yards passing. He has thrown 39 TDs with only 6 picks. He is also a threat on the ground and has over over 1,200 yards with 16 TDs. Toss in his 75 tackles, 3 picks and 4 fumble recovers on defense and he and Jake Archbold (also from Homestead) are two of the best athletes/all-around players from Northeast Indiana.

Becker is a sophomore with tremendous promise. On the field he was Carroll's leader on offense and at times looked like he had the experience of an upperclassman. His 2,000 yards passing and 20 TDs are impressive, but he'll have to keep the interceptions (12) down in the future. He also was productive running with over 500 yards and picked up 6 rushing TDs.

Parker will be playing college ball next year, probably at DB, but the two others QBs coming back next year, watching football on Friday nights in Fort Wayne will continue to be exciting.

5 hours ago, Martinsville Fan said:

Yea youre probably right I am a little biased but i saw that kid outplay every QB he faced other than the FC QB who had 8 total tds. And in that game Tunitis had 480 yards passing and had 5 total tds. Luke Goode is verbally committed to Iowa to play basketball the last time I checked.

Goode is uncomitted as of now. Would expect some big time programs to start offering this season. 

On 11/19/2019 at 10:24 AM, Urban_Legend said:

I tend to lean more towards Dual Threat QB's so i would personally go with the kid from LN.. but man Brady from Gibson Southern is talented as well

We’ve had a couple games of GS the past two years.  He’ll be a junior next year so he is still growing at the position

What I want to know is how is Logan White of Parke Heritage not in this conversation? School size aside, numbers do not lie. He threw for 3800+ yards, 42 touchdowns, 75% completion percentage, with a QB Rate of 143.7. Not to mention 452 yards on the ground with 12 more touchdowns. Undoubtedly should be in this conversation.

1 minute ago, Gregory Popsicle said:

What I want to know is how is Logan White of Parke Heritage not in this conversation? School size aside, numbers do not lie. He threw for 3800+ yards, 42 touchdowns, 75% completion percentage, with a QB Rate of 143.7. Not to mention 452 yards on the ground with 12 more touchdowns. Undoubtedly should be in this conversation.

1a players get their stats looked at differently because of the number in front of the A   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

1a players get their stats looked at differently because of the number in front of the A   

I understand this is true, and rightfully so. But I’ve seen this kid play and he makes some spectacular throws. The kid is good, I’m not saying he’s the best, but has some real talent. I’ve heard rumors through the grapevine that he is receiving some smaller D1 interest?