Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

BEST QB IN THE STATE?

Kyle Adams should probably get the praise this year. He is a senior and put up unbelievable numbers. 

the fact that Brady is up there already though just shows how much he has grown as a player. He is only a sophomores. I believe he currently has just over 5k passing and about 55 touchdowns on the career.  Losing to Memorial last year and Heritage Hills this year obviously puts a ceiling on might have been already.  

from last year to this year though. The improvement has been incredible.  GS was able to start using the read option later in the season and he is working hard to increase his mobility. 

the only knocks on his game right now are that he can be outrun by defenders (who are upper class men) and rolling to his left he has accuracy issues when throwing on the run. If he runs to his right though it’s a missile.  

Kid makes great reads and works through his progressions nice. Footwork is on point. All kinds of poise. Phenomenal arm. He entered high school able to throw it 50 yards downfield.  I’m sure he can throw it a bit further now. Especially after he threw the final seconds game tying 88 yard touchdown pass vs Southridge...that ball had about 45 air yards and wasn’t a wild heave at all. 

Allen has a promising future at the next level for sure.  And he still has 2 years left at GS. Count on him to be even better this year.  GIbson Southerns schedule effectively goes from 2A to 4A with 4 games vs 5A size or better so this team is going to be working hard this offseason to meet the challenge.  Allen will also be attending a number of camps I’m sure. He is already planning on attending the all American combine at the all American bowl in San Antonio.

Obviously I’m a GS fan/Alum and I’m biased but i tell ya. The one thing that makes me proud of the program is the amount of work these kids put in on their own accord to be better for their teammates and the titans in general....this is year in and year out that they do this.  And Brady Allen is no exception.  Just a great kid who has no quit and works to get better all the time 

3 hours ago, Gregory Popsicle said:

I understand this is true, and rightfully so. But I’ve seen this kid play and he makes some spectacular throws. The kid is good, I’m not saying he’s the best, but has some real talent. I’ve heard rumors through the grapevine that he is receiving some smaller D1 interest?

Logan had a great season, and should be proud of how productive he and his receivers were this year.  That said, he probably isn't getting any real attention from scholarship programs due to his size and arm strength.  If he has his heart set on playing after high school, he should take advantage of whatever academic money he has earned and play for whichever D3 program offers the degree program that interests him.  He should know going in that even at a D3 program, there's only one QB on the field and competition for snaps is tough.  The list of Indiana 1A players who've actually taken snaps at the QB position at any level of college football over the past 15 years is pretty short.

39 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Doug Flutie, Michael Vick, Drew Brees... And people still think you need to be 6-3 to make it in the NFL? 

Kyler murray is having a good rookie season too! Russell Wilson is having an mvp type season.

height is nice but making good reads and accurate passes is more important 

I went to maxpreps and took the top 50 Indiana QBs (defined as total passing yards) in the state (regardless of class) and then sorted by Rate. Not perfect, but begins to sort out a list. So, with that in mind, the top 10 using that criteria showed up as:

Name Pos Yds Yds/G Comp Att Pct TD Int Rate G
1 Logan White - Sr QB, P 3802 345.6 261 344 0.759 42 6 143.7 11
2 Rylan Metz - Sr QB, FS 2576 234.2 190 270 0.704 31 4 132.6 11
3 Kyle Adams - Sr QB 3938 328.2 294 407 0.722 55 10 131.9 12
4 Maximus Grimes - Jr QB 1886 235.8 113 177 0.638 19 2 130.8 8
5 James Arnold - Jr QB, MLB 3168 264 158 271 0.583 43 6 129.7 12
6 Kyle Cheek - Sr QB 1978 152.2 147 222 0.662 29 4 126.5 13
7 Alex Stirn - Sr SS, QB 1894 157.8 118 190 0.621 24 4 126.2 12
8 Garrett Yoon - So QB 2332 179.4 140 218 0.642 28 8 124.5 13
9 Luke Goode - Jr QB 2778 231.5 175 286 0.612 27 2 122.1 12
10 Bailey Parker - Sr FS, QB 2730 210 205 323 0.635 39 6 122 13

Obviously, there is the eyeball test, dual threat players, program tendencies (i.e. run vs. pass, etc), quality of line/team, etc. However, I think this is a decent slice to start a conversation. All very good in their own right!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gregory Popsicle said:

What I want to know is how is Logan White of Parke Heritage not in this conversation? School size aside, numbers do not lie. He threw for 3800+ yards, 42 touchdowns, 75% completion percentage, with a QB Rate of 143.7. Not to mention 452 yards on the ground with 12 more touchdowns. Undoubtedly should be in this conversation.

Agreed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captainobvious said:

I would love to see what Rylan Metz, from Alexandria, could do with a decent line and the talent surrounding him that some of these other QB’s have.  He’s a great passer and good size!  Just not the best team.

I would agree with you on the line. He definitely got nervous against the better teams due to no time but he had plenty in the way of receivers to throw to. Metz and Vernetti hooked up for some monster numbers plus he had orick and Stewart to throw too. 

Metz also did a great job early on of running the ball when things had not developed. Only thing i would have loved to see with Metz was for him to make decisions a little quicker and to run as hard as he did against frankton,elwood and mg

1 hour ago, GV5 said:

I would agree with you on the line. He definitely got nervous against the better teams due to no time but he had plenty in the way of receivers to throw to. Metz and Vernetti hooked up for some monster numbers plus he had orick and Stewart to throw too. 

Metz also did a great job early on of running the ball when things had not developed. Only thing i would have loved to see with Metz was for him to make decisions a little quicker and to run as hard as he did against frankton,elwood and mg

Well, there’s Alexandria talent and then there’s real talent.  I wouldn’t call Alexandria receivers real talent.  Sorry!

23 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Well, there’s Alexandria talent and then there’s real talent.  I wouldn’t call Alexandria receivers real talent.  Sorry!

So again with your expertise that has never been questioned you think Metz is above all others on that team athletically? 

37 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Never said that!!  Tough guy!!  I said I would like to see him play QB with some real athletes!  Sorry you got your feelings hurt dad!

You too dad! Glad you should who you are! Keep up the blindside! Everyone knows who you are!

All through the years it is amazing that you wouldn't allow people to help your kid. Let it go! Seriously let it go! Your kid is a stud and will hel0 his next two teams