Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No Football at Clark and Gavit 2021 schools Close

Think a perfect model for these schools is an 8 team conference.

Had Griffith not left, adding HC would have brought the NCC to 8 teams.

If the NCC would invite Griffith back is unseen, but I think adding Griffith and HC are the 2 best options.

If the goal of the NCC is 8 teams and say HC is a definite yes, bringing the NCC to 7 teams, who should be the 8th, not including Griffith?

Knox?

Boone Grove?

Wheeler?

Others....

2 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Growth.  Yep.  They can compete well in all the sports.  Might take a bump or two against a hobart or lowell once in awhile, but they have andrean on schedule already in football.

They would be just fine and be competing at the top of the conference in no time.

From my experience, they have been one of the more consistently strong teams in out conference. Even though everyone has said that the GSSC was weak this year. I do not necessarily subscribe to that sentiment, but I do see why people would say that.

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hanover and Andrean will not be playing next year 

Doesn't change the fact that they played this year though. So they do challenge themselves playing teams from the NCC.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

If the NCC would invite Griffith back is unseen, but I think adding Griffith and HC are the 2 best options.

If the goal of the NCC is 8 teams and say HC is a definite yes, bringing the NCC to 7 teams, who should be the 8th, not including Griffith?

Knox?

Boone Grove?

Wheeler?

Others....

I would love to see us in the NCC, but we would only be able to bring football, as the rest of the sports are competitive in the PCC. What I would really like to see is an expansion of PCC teams with football.

2 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

I would love to see us in the NCC, but we would only be able to bring football, as the rest of the sports are competitive in the PCC. What I would really like to see is an expansion of PCC teams with football.

This is true, but in my lifetime, I doubt that will ever happen.

Hence my since we are just day dreaming scenario which is what a NCC with at least west side and ec in it is. I think the Bombers are in a perfect spot. I just think that they meaning the NCC folks might rather want them than the models DT brought out. 
I could be wrong....but the things I have heard that the next invite would possibly be HC and that would be down The road.  I don’t think anything would happen soon. I reckon if Hammond High and Morton were fielding competitive teams in most sports and drawing then maybe they would visit it. 
I wouldn’t mind Morton being in on a personal level. But I just think that the Lake 10 split from years ago signaled that it wasn’t gonna be the model wanted. But What do I know. All speculations and the things I have heard. I think Griffith trying to get back in would be a good start. 

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

Hence my since we are just day dreaming scenario which is what a NCC with at least west side and ec in it is. I think the Bombers are in a perfect spot. I just think that they meaning the NCC folks might rather want them than the models DT brought out. 
I could be wrong....but the things I have heard that the next invite would possibly be HC and that would be down The road.  I don’t think anything would happen soon. I reckon if Hammond High and Morton were fielding competitive teams in most sports and drawing then maybe they would visit it. 
I wouldn’t mind Morton being in on a personal level. But I just think that the Lake 10 split from years ago signaled that it wasn’t gonna be the model wanted. But What do I know. All speculations and the things I have heard. I think Griffith trying to get back in would be a good start. 

Griffith left for reasons that you see now, where they aren't as competitive as they used to be. At least that is what I have heard.

6 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

Griffith left for reasons that you see now, where they aren't as competitive as they used to be. At least that is what I have heard.

While I agree with you  I feel like it was premature as there has not been the enrollment drop that was expected. It just makes no sense to me why you would opt out of staying with neighbors Munster and Highland and rivals Hobart and Andrean. But again as we fairytale on here, I have not heard anything of them coming back either.  Just my personal opinion on that. 

7 minutes ago, GATA said:

While I agree with you  I feel like it was premature as there has not been the enrollment drop that was expected. It just makes no sense to me why you would opt out of staying with neighbors Munster and Highland and rivals Hobart and Andrean. But again as we fairytale on here, I have not heard anything of them coming back either.  Just my personal opinion on that. 

How many Admins are left at Griffith who spearheaded the move?  I know the AD is now at Valpo serving same role.  I think Principal Orkis is still there.  

Griffith has done a good job of scheduling tough non conference games this past year.  

Question is does interim tag come off with Current HC or do they open it up ?   I believe the Panthers were extremely young but had talent, just pups. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 3:15 PM, DT said:

This is great news.  Clark and Gavit are obsolete properties.  The new Hammond High School with be a technological marvel and Morton is an excellent overall facility.   

Morton and HHS will both be 6A for football.  The next reclassification should be an interesting.  Might have Valpo and Chesterton in 5A.

I was told that Morton is a magnet school for he Performing Art and HHS is the STEM school.  

On 11/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

How many Admins are left at Griffith who spearheaded the move?  I know the AD is now at Valpo serving same role.  I think Principal Orkis is still there.  

Griffith has done a good job of scheduling tough non conference games this past year.  

Question is does interim tag come off with Current HC or do they open it up ?   I believe the Panthers were extremely young but had talent, just pups. 

Pretty sure Adams was behind the original move, and as you noted, he is now at Valpo (much to the chagrin of the old Valpo soccer coach, from what I read this weekend).  I also believe they have opened up the coaching search.  Griffith never should have left the NCC, I know as an alum I want to see us playing Highland, Munster, Lowell, etc. as conference opponents.  Of course I am just an old fart dating back to the Lake Suburban conference days, so what do I know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

With this move how many schools are now playing football. If we are under the 320 number do think their is any chance they go back to 5 class

NOPE

6th class was made primarily because of the discrepancy of the top end Carmel (5200) and old bottom end 5a back in the day, Munster at (1900) or so give or take.  You won't see that ever going back regardless of how many playing schools there are

On 11/22/2019 at 10:21 AM, DannEllenwood said:

Knox?

Boone Grove?

Wheeler?

Others....

If the NCC does expand, I think Griffith will be asked back as well as Hanover and Wheeler.   Potentially Boone Grove and Knox, I’m just hoping against a superconference.