Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semi State schedule

What do you think about 6 Semi State games each on Fri & Sat ?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should IHSAA work with schools to set Semi State schedule with 6 games on Friday night & 6 games on Saturday?

• No, leave it alone. Let the 2 participating schools set date/time.
    • Yes, easier for fans to make long road trips, better attendance/viewers, fans can watch multiple Semi State games

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2019 at 04:59 AM

The IHSAA sets the Semi State schedule in several other sports (basketball, baseball). Should they be involved in setting the dates/time for the Football Semi State games with 6 games on Friday night & 6 games on Saturday afternoon/night? Half of the Semi State winners don't play until next Saturday so they wouldn't have a short week of practice.

Must admit I am surprised by the outcome of this poll. So you guys wouldn't mind if all 4 NFL Playoff games or all New Years Day Bowl games are played at the same time?

All 12 of tonight's games kickoff between 7-8pm EST tonight. And all will be available on ihsaatv.org 

31 minutes ago, slice60 said:

Must admit I am surprised by the outcome of this poll. So you guys wouldn't mind if all 4 NFL Playoff games or all New Years Day Bowl games are played at the same time?

All 12 of tonight's games kickoff between 7-8pm EST tonight. And all will be available on ihsaatv.org 

Most people follow a team. High school isn't NFL. Even on boards everything slows down closer it gets to finals because when your team is out you move to basketball. Broadcast that 6A semi state game. I'm not gonna watch regardless is my team is in or out. Sure I may watch more of a local team but 2 teams up north who I know 0 about outside this board...pass. but that's just me

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Most people follow a team. High school isn't NFL. Even on boards everything slows down closer it gets to finals because when your team is out you move to basketball. Broadcast that 6A semi state game. I'm not gonna watch regardless is my team is in or out. Sure I may watch more of a local team but 2 teams up north who I know 0 about outside this board...pass. but that's just me

I understand what you are saying.  I was watching 6A and 5A while the Lafayette-area schools were in, but with Harrison being knocked out last week and Jeff knocked out in the first 6A sectional game, I'm kind of done watching those classes until, maybe, Thanksgiving weekend ... and even then, it's probably 50/50 whether I'll tune in to watch.  Still kind of watching 3A just to see if Chatard basically smokes the remaining competition like they've done so far or whether there's someone out there to possible slow them down a bit.  Haven't followed 4A at all this season and with fellow Hoosier Conference members RCHS and Cass now eliminated, 2A kind of catches my attention on the fringes.

• Like 1

This year would have been a relatively easy one to organize neutral site semi-state games.  Each site hosts 2 games on Saturday afternoon at 1 and 4.  Just like basketball semi-state.  Each host is somewhat centrally located among the 4 participating schools, has turf, and reasonable seating for home and away.

@Lafayette Jeff

Eastbrook/Andrean

Carmel/Merrillville

@Warsaw

Dwenger/Valpo

Hobart/East Noble

@Kokomo

Marian/Chatard

Central Catholic/Adams Central

@Southport

Center Grove/Ben Davis

Western Boone/Triton Central