6A: Carmel (10-3) vs Center Grove (8-5)  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carmel
    • Center Grove

54 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Let’s get things started!

Final score and why?

Man ill tell ya this is gonna be a good one! Two teams that may do different things but they win in the same ways really

Being sound on both sides of the ball and being a physical, november football team! 

Both these teams have a history and have a tradition at LOS! Not sure CG has enough this year though to handle that big boy from carmel! and for a team that wants to give the ball to 30 and go, that carmel DT will make a big difference im sure.

Im takin carmel in a dogfight to the very end!

Carmel: 27

CG: 22

11 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Center Grove, my reason why... 

Carson Steele and Brandon Wheat

Ok, my actual reason why...

The CG defense is really starting to dominate up front with Caden Curry and Austin Booker. The offense can really move the ball now, and they have a three-headed monster in the backfield with Steele, Wheat, and Weems. In the first game, turnovers and little mistakes killed CG, but I believe that that won’t be the case this time. Should be one heck of a game as usual!

28-24 CG

Edited by cg_holmeaid

5 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Ok, my actual reason why...

The CG defense is really starting to dominate up front with Caden Curry and Austin Booker. The offense can really move the ball now, and they have a three-headed monster in the backfield with Steele, Wheat, and Weems. In the first game, turnovers and little mistakes killed CG, but I believe that that won’t be the case this time. Should be one heck of a game as usual!

28-24 CG

It's interesting just how closely these teams mirror each other. I have to think that anyone picking Carmel in this one is doing so for the same exact reasons you listed above. Even their seasons have had very similar trajectories.

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I really don’t follow 6A much....

but wasn’t there some guy this season here on the board who was crying about “Center grove isn’t a top 15 team regardless of class!  They have ____ losses” 

yeahhhhhhh lol

Yes and I was correct! That was after 5 games. I also predicted after sectionals that CG would be at LOS. 

As far as predictions, CG has obviously improved leaps and bounds. Take away Ben Davis’ on side recovery followed by a blown coverage and this game would really never have been in doubt. But Carmel has come together and have been dominating, especially defensively. Give me my alma mater 24-20.

24 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Really unfortunate, I was hoping for a game that would end 77-0, but no cigar. Instead, we get two good teams that’ll fight each other to the end.

You might get that Friday night...

One of them will win but 6A was way, way down this year.  I guess it will be CG but who knows. 

Rally could care less.  Only 4 or 5 teams in 6A are going to win a state championship and its the same 4 or 5 every year.  Carmel, Warren, BD and Center Grove.  Rinse and repeat.

Its the most predictable and dull class in football. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PhilLee said:

One of them will win but 6A was way, way down this year.  I guess it will be CG but who knows. 

Rally could care less.  Only 4 or 5 teams in 6A are going to win a state championship and its the same 4 or 5 every year.  Carmel, Warren, BD and Center Grove.  Rinse and repeat.

It may be dull to you but it very well could be the most competitive game of the weekend

On 11/23/2019 at 9:50 PM, PhilLee said:

This is quite the take considering the other 5 matchups

I'll take....

CG: 13

Carmel: 10

I really don't know how Carmel will be able to finish drives against CG's defense. Those two sophomore DL for CG are absolute animals. #91 had 4 TFL's against BD on Friday. 

Obviously, Carmel's D is for real but CG's offense with #13, #8, #5, and #30 can hit explosive plays at any point. 

I'm tired of hearing how since these two teams have played each other before in the state championship, this will be a boring game. This will be a defensive slugfest with PLENTY of high-level talent on the field. 

• Like 2