• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A: Carmel (10-3) vs Center Grove (8-5)

6A: Carmel (10-3) vs Center Grove (8-5)  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carmel
    • Center Grove

2 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Don’t you worry, the north schools will finally be able to have a chance at a state title starting next year. But a MIC, HCC team will still take home the blue rings 😂😂

Yea I know that. Every once in a decade or two a non MIC school will win the 6A crown. The HCC has not done much to be included with the MIC in regard to the blue rings for 6A

23 minutes ago, psaboy said:

As the sprawl out of Indy continues so will the school size which usually means being more competitive as long as good coaching is in place. 

Yep, common sense.  Which gets you killed on here...

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I thought DT said Center Grove had no talent?

You're getting your threads confused. Are you talking about the thread where Center Grove should cancel their games with Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, North Central, Lawrence Central and Pike so they'll be able to play all of their games at home against better teams with a whole lot of fans who are eager to travel to Center Grove?

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

The IHSAA rule to limit the sidelines to 75 players still sucks.

Yes it does I get it for other sites because locker rooms sizes and such but if you get to state all should get to dress. Also I think it is BS that the players that are not dressing have to buy a ticket to get in the game 

47 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Yes it does I get it for other sites because locker rooms sizes and such but if you get to state all should get to dress. Also I think it is BS that the players that are not dressing have to buy a ticket to get in the game 

Is there a limit on number of coaches? 

40 minutes ago, Grover said:

No, but there is a limit on the number of coaches that will be honored during the medal ceremony.  This rule sucks too.

🙄

Purchase the extra medals from the IHSAA afterwards and get over it...

Football is blessed compared to every other sport.

12 minutes ago, Grover said:

We will.  

Explain that to the senior who has played all season but got hurt and now must watch from the bleachers.

Make him #75 and explain to the 3rd string sophomore long snapper that life isn’t fair and he’ll get his chance next year...

Its not that hard.

17 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Make him #75 and explain to the 3rd string sophomore long snapper that life isn’t fair and he’ll get his chance next year...

Its not that hard.

You may not get a chance the following year.  It’s not always that simple.

Don’t get me wrong, 75 is better than 53 as in the pros, or the 70 in the Big Ten (except bowl games), but there are still a number of positions where only one backup is in that role, and putting an injured player into the active roster could POTENTIALLY (obviously the odds are in the favor this wouldn’t happen) be an issue.  If CG had the luck of the Colts receiving corps this year, that could really be a massive issue.

56 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

You may not get a chance the following year.  It’s not always that simple.

Don’t get me wrong, 75 is better than 53 as in the pros, or the 70 in the Big Ten (except bowl games), but there are still a number of positions where only one backup is in that role, and putting an injured player into the active roster could POTENTIALLY (obviously the odds are in the favor this wouldn’t happen) be an issue.  If CG had the luck of the Colts receiving corps this year, that could really be a massive issue.

Yes, the 1A/2A schools feel terrible that CG is in this predicament...🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Yes, the 1A/2A schools feel terrible that CG is in this predicament...🙄🙄🙄

The 1A/2A schools most likely never have this issue as they could have 20 kids hurt and still be able to dress them on State Finals day.

You recommend adding a 7th class to give more opportunities for rings, yet have no sympathy that a kid who rightfully busted his tail to get there in 6A may have to watch the game from the stands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

The 1A/2A schools most likely never have this issue as they could have 20 kids hurt and still be able to dress them on State Finals day.

You recommend adding a 7th class to give more opportunities for rings, yet have no sympathy that a kid who rightfully busted his tail to get there in 6A may have to watch the game from the stands.

Correct but the 1A/2A guys would just throw a warm body in somewhere in the event of an injury.

I provided an easy solution to getting the kid on the field.  Have a young kid take one for the team and switch jerseys.  It’s not like the IHSAA is going to screen/photo ID these kids.

The woe is us mentality will not work on here when it comes to large schools or parochials.  I won’t listen for a second.

As for the coaches, blame Warren.  They bring a coach for every coach and it seems to grow every year.  Their athlete to coach ratio is probably 5 to 1.

Maybe trimming that number down would’ve prevented the “BD incident?”

Edited by Guest

I know most teams not in 5 or 6 do not care about 75 dress rule.  My big reason for changing this is the fact for most kids this will be a once in a life time experience to dress in a locker room of a nfl team and to be on the field in place like LOS.  It would Be something they would talk about for the rest of their lives.  So if it just ihsaa being tight with do want spend the money on medals get the the schools that are playing and have them pay for the the numbers you need after 75. I know the grideiron club at cg had paid for them in    years past would probably would be willing to do so again 

53 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Because you are right all the time?? 🙄

The fact that your screen name insinuates that you have reproduced is concerning...

I own SO much space in your head.

8 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Somebody’s triggered.......

Please don’t confuse snickering at someone’s comments as being preoccupied with them....

Each one of my kids...better than you and I combined. As irritated as you must be, show some dignity when it involves making comments about family. That’s unbecoming....

How about we just agree to disagree and leave it at that??

While I agree with your last point, YOU made it personal because I disagreed with your take.  A differing option (even when facts are given to support it) gets you throttled by some on here.  

YOU were the triggered one.

Back to the original point of discussion, 75 is plenty and CG has the resources to provide hardware for any deserving kid that the IHSAA does not.

Take a deeper look at the amount of medals provided in other IHSAA sports and you’ll see.