• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A: Carmel (10-3) vs Center Grove (8-5)

6A: Carmel (10-3) vs Center Grove (8-5)  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carmel
    • Center Grove

4 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Carmel and CG did not fill up Lucas Oil Stadium. You would expect the 2 largest schools in the tournament to fill the entire stadium. Is it time for these schools to make a jump the the HCC?

People grieve and deal with losses in interesting ways...

Edited by Guest

On a separate note, does anybody know about the “controversy” of the semi-state between CG and BD? I’ve seen stuff on Twitter from some BD guys saying that they should’ve been in the state game. Gipson (BD QB) tweeted at a CG student account saying that everybody besides CG knew what happened. They were saying that they were getting cheated, so I was curious to see if this is made up or not.

Edited by cg_holmeaid

13 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

On a separate note, does anybody know about the “controversy” of the semi-state between CG and BD? I’ve seen stuff on Twitter from some BD guys saying that they should’ve been in the state game. Gipson (BD QB) tweeted at a CG student account saying that everybody besides CG knew what happened. They were saying that they were getting cheated, so I was curious to see if this is made up or not.

There was a BAD spot in the 4th quarter that should’ve gave BD a first down shown on the webcast.  They missed it easily by a full yard.  That’s all I could potentially see, but even with that said, BD would’ve still had to score and tie the game.

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

LOL...dude...its a high school football forum.  This stuff doesn't trigger me.

If you can't see sarcasm when someone points out your past comments in which you tell us that you are always right, and then your new post that you won't even listen to others.....not sure there is much anyone can do.  You are who you are.

Making comments about someone's kids.....regardless what you say about never being wrong....you were completely wrong on that one.  

I would offer you perspective on why others may have a view on the 75 roster rule....but as you say you won't even listen, there is no sense wasting the time.

BTW, your opinions don't get you throttled on GID....its the manner in which you share them......

💯💯💯💯💯

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

LOL...dude...its a high school football forum.  This stuff doesn't trigger me.

If you can't see sarcasm when someone points out your past comments in which you tell us that you are always right, and then your new post that you won't even listen to others.....not sure there is much anyone can do.  You are who you are.

Making comments about someone's kids.....regardless what you say about never being wrong....you were completely wrong on that one.  

I would offer you perspective on why others may have a view on the 75 roster rule....but as you say you won't even listen, there is no sense wasting the time.

BTW, your opinions don't get you throttled on GID....its the manner in which you share them......

Well, I was right 245 times in the tourney pick ‘em contest...more so than any other entrant.  😉

12 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

There was a BAD spot in the 4th quarter that should’ve gave BD a first down shown on the webcast.  They missed it easily by a full yard.  That’s all I could potentially see, but even with that said, BD would’ve still had to score and tie the game.

💯💯💯💯💯

I saw that.  He also referenced a catch on the final drive that was ruled out of bounds.

Typical teenage kid who was emotional after a loss...

27 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

💯💯💯💯💯

I saw that spot, surprised that the refs missed it by that much. And as Temptation mentioned, the “catch” made that was clearly out of bounds, and the receiver juggled the ball. I’m starting to now think that it might be something beyond those plays that the BD guys are talking about.

Edited by cg_holmeaid

15 hours ago, Temptation said:

People grieve and deal with losses in interesting ways...

Its a joke. I know it may be hard to understand that I am not that upset about losing since I am just a supporter. Feel sorry for the kids but they have a bright future ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

I saw that spot, surprised that the refs missed it by that much. And as Temptation mentioned, the “catch” made that was clearly out of bounds, and the receiver juggled the ball. I’m starting to now think that it might be something beyond those plays that the BD guys are talking about.

It’s classic ref blaming that has spread like wildfire and has grown legs.  Happens at all levels.  

Didn't get home until late and haven't had chance to post until now but I was very impressed with Center Grove's support last night. There were a TON of people in red and they were very loud. I'm obviously happy with the result but almost as happy that my interest in Carmel football is graduating as CG has some crazy athletes and I would want no part of them the next few years. Jackson & Steele are going to be ridiculous next season and my jaw dropped when I saw that #91 was just a sophomore. That dude looks like he could be playing on Saturdays right now!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

BD still had its chances. Ultimately CG made the plays and won. Not a knock on Trent. He had a great year...as did the Giants. Proud of them. It was an emotional end to the year.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1