Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A: Valparaiso (13-0) vs New Palestine (13-0)

5A: Valparaiso (13-0) vs New Palestine (13-0)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Valparaiso
    • New Palestine

49 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Let’s get it started!

Final score and why?

NP: 49

Valpo: 14

Np has shown out all year, and Kyle R. is unreal man! That spegal boy aint losin state either!

NP from top to bottom is the better team, and they will once again physically abuse their opponent, and kyle ralph will outsmart them as well!

This one will be one of the more boring games at LOS for sure!

Let’s not forget DC held New Pal scoreless in the 2nd half last year. The key for Valpo is obviously Valpo’s massive lines. Try to slow down the Spegal show and burn a ton of clock running the ball on offense. I like New Pal by about 10-15 IF Valpo can put a run game together. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Let’s not forget DC held New Pal scoreless in the 2nd half last year. The key for Valpo is obviously Valpo’s massive lines. Try to slow down the Spegal show and burn a ton of clock running the ball on offense. I like New Pal by about 10-15 IF Valpo can put a run game together. 

They better establish a running game. Because from what I saw last night, their passing game is not going to be of much help.

Complete homer pick here as my Dad is Valpo grad so going with the heavily under dogged Vikings!!  Tall Task and not a lot of folks will give Valpo a shot, and understandably so with the body of work of Coach Ralph's program, pre and post Charlie Spegal days.  

This guy was pretty good......  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

Gimme New Pal  38-10.  I know Dwenger has a great defense but I'd say New Pal's is at least as good and the Dragons offense is much better.   

I was going to debate this, but looking at the numbers...................New Pal has given up 104 points with a strength of schedule rank of 57. Dwenger gave up 113 with a rank of 55. I'm sure both teams gave up points late in games when the starters were out. I admit, when I think of New Pal, I think of offense. Apparently their defense is pretty solid. 

New Pal 35, Valpo 17

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

I was going to debate this, but looking at the numbers...................New Pal has given up 104 points with a strength of schedule rank of 57. Dwenger gave up 113 with a rank of 55. I'm sure both teams gave up points late in games when the starters were out. I admit, when I think of New Pal, I think of offense. Apparently their defense is pretty solid. 

New Pal 35, Valpo 17

As you mentioned both D’s are extremely strong, but I haven’t seen New PAL wear down a single bit all year in any game. I’m sure Valpo will put up an extremely strong battle, especially them having the size they have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Complete homer pick here as my Dad is Valpo grad so going with the heavily under dogged Vikings!!  Tall Task and not a lot of folks will give Valpo a shot, and understandably so with the body of work of Coach Ralph's program, pre and post Charlie Spegal days.  

This guy was pretty good......  

Arguably the best athlete to ever play any sport in the DAC, that 01 team was awesome, unfortunately so was James Banks. No doubt he would have been a solid NFL WR, but that baseball money and longevity is hard to beat.

• Like 1

As much as I want to be a homer, Valpo’s offense will have a tough time against that NP defense, not for anything else than they don’t play stupid football. Valpo will shorten this game and if you haven’t seen in person, their size on both fronts is ridiculous. I know King and the safety from NP are D1 players defensive players, but no doubt Cooper Jones will be the best defensive player on the field. The secondary for Valpo was exposed by Merrillville and Michigan City, but neither team could do it consistently, even Dwenger could not even though there were clear mismatches. When big Cooper is bearing down in qbs, it helps cover up the weak secondary they have. Going back to when NP plays teams with big d lines and athletes, they may not blow the top off, but they just wear them down, thinking of semi state and state last year and then Center Grove and Cathedral this year. I see the same happening against Valpo. 

• Like 1

The Culture that Coach Ralph has created December thru July is what sets them apart right now.   

The In season, game day lifts also a reason they can run all those 2 way players without concern of wear and tear. 

Its so impressive, but its just not Football program, as @crimsonace1 can attest, the work ethic of the gals of New Pal are also best in state, espeically Softball team 

• Like 2

Valpo will stop the man. I would sell out all game to stop the run by segal and the QB Although if the QB can throw early and move the offense down the field. This could be ugly by the end of the first half.  Valpo defense is legit. Valpo can make the QB beat them and has he had to do that this year.  Np 13 valpo 3.  Valpo is huge and np is very good. Np defense is  very, very experienced and valpo offense is one dimensional.  Gonna be the game of the weekend.  

12 minutes ago, Boilerup said:

Valpo will stop the man. I would sell out all game to stop the run by segal and the QB Although if the QB can throw early and move the offense down the field. This could be ugly by the end of the first half.  Valpo defense is legit. Valpo can make the QB beat them and has he had to do that this year.  Np 13 valpo 3.  Valpo is huge and np is very good. Np defense is  very, very experienced and valpo offense is one dimensional.  Gonna be the game of the weekend.  

You try to sell out on him and Roth will take over for the time being and even then good luck stopping Charlie! They’re a different animal on the field!

2 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

Hoping Valpo can win this game, but New Pal is possibly the best team in the State regardless of class. Carmel is probably as good but regardless I'll go 

New Pal 42

Valpo 21

Damn, I was hoping you’d give us more of your “scout’s eye” unbiased analysis and tell us that Valpo was going to dominate...

1 hour ago, Boilerup said:

OK LOLOL