Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A: Valparaiso (13-0) vs New Palestine (13-0)

5A: Valparaiso (13-0) vs New Palestine (13-0)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Valparaiso
    • New Palestine

There was a time in the not so distant past, where Valpo had the opportunity to prepare for this very match-up by adding a class to their curriculum dealing with the slaying of Dragons. However, they passed on the opportunity to train their men with the “Dragon Slayer” course. Sure people laughed about it back then, but tonight the Vikings face the Dragons. Will this missed opportunity come back to haunt them?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woody_Hayes said:

There was a time in the not so distant past, where Valpo had the opportunity to prepare for this very match-up by adding a class to their curriculum dealing with the slaying of Dragons. However, they passed on the opportunity to train their men with the “Dragon Slayer” course. Sure people laughed about it back then, but tonight the Vikings face the Dragons. Will this missed opportunity come back to haunt them?

I giggled

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Valpo hanging tough, keeping New Pal’s offense off the field. 10-10 and Valpo gets the ball to start the 2nd half. A 17 play drive using up almost 8 minutes. Spiegel not a factor so far.

Valpo defense been there all year, no different today.   See who drank enough gatorade all week, especially this big fellas up front for Valpo   

Love the foot to foot wedge wildcat stuff.  just wears on you 

1 minute ago, cg_holmeaid said:

First one looked like the defender juggled towards the end

looked like the wr had possession when he hit ground, then the wrestle began.

looks to be a bit chippy...like that in 1sr half?

Not surprised NP opened with Speed Option, it was the 1 Run play 1st half they created a seam with, came right back to it.  1 missed tackle at point of attack and #32 got vertical, then its lights out when Charlie gets vertical with speed.   

Official crew on this game is one of the best in the state.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Not surprised NP opened with Speed Option, it was the 1 Run play 1st half they created a seam with, came right back to it.  1 missed tackle at point of attack and #32 got vertical, then its lights out when Charlie gets vertical with speed.   

1 of 6 you might say.

left side of ol is very close to not being on line

15 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

2 clear New Pal interceptions called catches for Valpo on the opening 3rd quarter drive, fortunately it doesn't matter after a missed FG 

My 2nd grader doesn’t make that excuse. Make the play.  Not half the play.  

New Pal lucky to have Spegal or they would be good team but not great.  Should be utilizing Hook more on O.  Smart play by Coach Ralph on the option to Speegs 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

6 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

New Pal lucky to have Spegal or they would be good team but not great.  Should be utilizing Hook more on O.  Smart play by Coach Ralph on the option to Speegs 

Now THAT was an interception.

5 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

What excuse?  Stating facts and that it didn't matter.  And you can downplay New Pal all you want. 

Look New Pal is no doubt a great team and a great program.  They know how to win.  They are relentless and very very confident.   

You made an excuse about the 2 catches that by rule go to the offense.  I don’t like it when it happens to the teams I like.  But the rule is the rule.   As I’m watching now, Valpo will throw too many vertical and not go short and New Pal will win. 

They are great.  Everyone knows it.  But you made an excuse because it was tied at the time. One my second graders doesn’t make.  

Congrats to New Pal who is literally one of the all time, if not the greatest all time program over the course of 7 years in the history of the state. 

32 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

2 clear New Pal interceptions called catches for Valpo on the opening 3rd quarter drive, fortunately it doesn't matter after a missed FG 

Ummm ... no.

27 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I second that.

• Like 2