Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A: Valparaiso (13-0) vs New Palestine (13-0)

5A: Valparaiso (13-0) vs New Palestine (13-0)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Valparaiso
    • New Palestine

2 hours ago, DT said:

Perhaps we are in a down cycle.  New Pal is a solid team.  But they didnt look like the top tier 6A state champs we are used to seeing at LOS

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=IN

Talent overall is down.  Highest rated player on the field was *** Kyle King.   Valpo has no players in Indiana Top 50 Prospects.

With regards to CG, this is probably the youngest team they have ever brought to LOS.  There might be 3 or 4 future **** prospects on the Trojan roster.  I believe they would take out NP in a rematch with room to spare.  These kids have grown up after playing Warren an Ben Davis twice this year as well as games against Carmel and Cathedral.  

Cooper Jones is Top 10 in Indiana. We’re you only looking at the Senior class? He already has offers from Michigan and Ohio State. Between Jones, King, and Hook, that’s 3 D1 recruits at minimum on the field for a 5A title game. Could be another 2 to 3 when things shake out for the underclassmen. Especially, on Valpo’s lines. That seems impressive talent to me. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DT said:

As I said, the sophomore class might be the best ever to come thru CG.  that would indicate there are several D1 players in this group.  Watch tonight for yourself.  

I'm not debating they have good players.  I'm debating you predicting they would win a rematch based on that.  That game already happened.

3 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Cole Brevard from Carmel is a 4 star going to Penn State. Most D1 athletes that start might not be 4 star, but many 4 star athletes go to a D1 school

All.  All 4 star athletes go D1 . . . 

Sorry, you look pretty foolish here.

Edited by CaptainHook

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

I'm not debating they have good players.  I'm debating you predicting they would win a rematch based on that.  That game already happened.

I do believe CG wins the rematch.  NP is gassed.  CG is fresh and growing.  Eric Moore never loses in season rematch games when he has lost the first game.   

It's been known for some time that 2020 is a weak class in Indiana.   

Doesn't surprise me that the state's supposed best team looks weaker than best of past seasons.   

2 minutes ago, DT said:

I do believe CG wins the rematch.  NP is gassed.  CG is fresh and growing.  Eric Moore never loses in season rematch games when he has lost the first game.   

Glad you believe it.  Doesn't matter.  Beat em twice.  Didn't win that rematch, did they?  

• Like 2

I get that this website is to debate, ponder what if’s, etc. However, New Pal has been the best team in the state ( no matter the class) for the last 2 years and idk how you can debate. Warren central was great with bell and I would have paid good money to see warren central play new pal last year but I still give new pal the edge. This year, I honestly think Valpo gave them their biggest challenge because of that amazing defensive line. New Pals defense is too disciplined and too good to get beat. They can stop the pass with hook, large, and luker and their rushing attack is just exhausting (coming from a coach that has scouted them for 3 of the last 4 years). If you think New Pal’s play style is not interesting or you don’t like them for some other reason, then fine. But you can not say that they are not the pound for pound best team until someone in 5A or a 6A opponent in regular season beats them. Valparaiso would have won 6A in my honest opinion.

Edited by Coach Hanson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

So what?  You are predicting 4 stars for sophs now?  New Pal won.  At their place.  By three scores.  CG got better?  So did NP.

Yes both got better. That being said this is all @DT needs to look at:

week 2 New Pal 28 Center Grove 9 at CG

week 9 Cathedral 14 Center Grove 9 at Tech

week 13 New Pal 35 Cathedral 10 at New Pal

the play on the field and not future Soph’s future prospect was determined.

• Like 1

Just now, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

But they couldn’t beat the Cathedral sophomores on their home field Last season. You want a loaded sophomore class, look no farther than the Irish. 

nope.  4 star athletes in waiting everywhere.   just incredibly unlucky to lose 5 games this year.🤣

5 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

But they couldn’t beat the Cathedral sophomores on their home field Last season. You want a loaded sophomore class, look no farther than the Irish. 

Do not get me wrong, I do respect talent. However, I also respect investment and dedication, and right now New Pal can not be beat when it comes to dedication. I look forward to seeing what happens next year, but right now New Pal has the throne and has a lot of pressure for next year because they are losing 6-7 key players that I am not sure if they can be replaced.

9 minutes ago, Coach Hanson said:

Do not get me wrong, I do respect talent. However, I also respect investment and dedication, and right now New Pal can not be beat when it comes to dedication. I look forward to seeing what happens next year, but right now New Pal has the throne and has a lot of pressure for next year because they are losing 6-7 key players that I am not sure if they can be replaced.

Should return 4 OL with starting experience, QB, and WR.  Lose 5 WR and RB1.  On defense, should return 1 DL (and a couple more with significant playing time), 2 LB, but lose entire secondary.  Some pretty big holes to fill.  I would say it will be a lot like 3 years ago.  Pretty good freshman group that lost 1 game in middle school.  But all will come down to commitment.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Should return 4 OL with starting experience, QB, and WR.  Lose 5 WR and RB1.  On defense, should return 1 DL, 2 LB, but lose entire secondary.  Some pretty big holes to fill.  I would say it will be a lot like 3 years ago.  Pretty good freshman group that lost 1 game in middle school.  But all will come down to commitment.

It will be interesting. It is almost expected that new pal’s lines on both sides of the ball will be top notch because of the strenuous strength and conditioning program that Ralph has. I will be curious to see what Roth and his younger receivers have in store next year. Good luck to your son at Toledo and I look forward to seeing what King does at Michigan state. I know Spegal was great but everyone knows that New Pal was a force even before he transferred there.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Coach Hanson said:

I was responding to Center Grove fan, not New Pal fan. Cathedral didn’t play New Pal last year at the freshmen level. New Pal is the undisputed champion this year. They were awesome in the 4th quarter against Cathedral in the Regional. 

9 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

I was responding to Center Grove fan, not New Pal fan. Cathedral didn’t play New Pal last year at the freshmen level. New Pal is the undisputed champion this year. They were awesome in the 4th quarter against Cathedral in the Regional. 

I also think Cathedral also could have won 6A this year. I think them, Carmel, and Center Grove are all pretty even.

Edited by Coach Hanson
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Coach Hanson said:

I also think Cathedral also could have won 6A this year. I think them, Carmel, and Center Grove are all pretty even.

Just to clarify. You believe that Cathedral, Carmel, and Center Grove are slightly below or even with New Pal and Valpo?