Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• East Noble
    • Evansville Memorial

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Let’s get it started!

Final score and why?

Memorial, ill tell ya those boys play ball. Well coached, great players, great winning tradition these past few years! Our warriors can atest to that too! 

Memorial has played far tougher competition and have faced far more established coaches than this EN team has the entire year!

The lack of competition has given EN a free ride to state and will also be the biggest downfall of this team!

Memorial wins this one simply because they have been here, done this, and will do it again!

EM: 35

EN: 20

I feel it important to say too, i think 20 for EN is a stretch vs this memorial team!

4 hours ago, jimsinchur said:

Memorial, ill tell ya those boys play ball. Well coached, great players, great winning tradition these past few years! Our warriors can atest to that too! 

Memorial has played far tougher competition and have faced far more established coaches than this EN team has the entire year!

The lack of competition has given EN a free ride to state and will also be the biggest downfall of this team!

Memorial wins this one simply because they have been here, done this, and will do it again!

I feel it important to say too, i think 20 for EN is a stretch vs this memorial team!

Hobart fans tried talking trash like this last week and look what happened to them...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thor77 said:

Hobart fans tried talking trash like this last week and look what happened to them...

With all due respect that’s not a EM fan. You won’t find any or I don’t think any will talk smack( unless playing Central or Gibson Southern😜) EM wasn’t expected to do much this year after moving up a class and graduated a tremendous senior class in 2018. I’m guessing only the true Tiger fans felt this team could make a deep run. Myself being one of those fans. 

I expect EM will have to play a perfect game to even have a chance to win vs East Noble.  

58 minutes ago, GATA said:

Fan(s) singular

Yeah, that’s one thing I hate about sports fans - imputing the behavior of one or a small handful of bad fans to the entire fanbase of a team.  It happens at all levels.

Somebody follows their team to an away game, a few of the home fans are jerks and, ergo, all that team’s fans are jerks.

Newsflash: every team has some bad fans...but most people are generally respectful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, GATA said:

Fan(s) singular

Yeah, that’s one thing I hate about sports fans - imputing the behavior of one or a small handful of bad fans to the entire fanbase of a team.  It happens at all levels.

Somebody follows their team to an away game, a few of the home fans are jerks and, ergo, all that team’s fans are jerks.

Newsflash: every team has some bad fans...but most people are generally respectful.

• Thanks 1

This game! This game! Not the marquee game of the weekend but this could be the most exciting one to watch! I’m back and forth on this, EM plays in a very tough SIAC and did very well (tied for 1st). East Noble is no stranger to Indy and comes in undefeated and #1 in Sagarin for 4A. Took Hobart’s best punch then knocked them out.

East Noble 34 

E. Memorial 28

• Like 1

Memorial 20-14.  Kind of getting tired of the talk the last few weeks about no one gave Memorial a chance this year.  I for one, said at the start of the year Memorial would be the best in the SIAC yet again.  Not saying they couldnt have made it back to Lucas in 3A but 4A was an easier path this year.  No real tough teams except East Central, which got knocked out prior to facing Memorial.  I was lookin forward to that matchup.  D has been good for Memoiral the past 2 years but overshadowed by the offense.  Offense is still pretty good but the D is shut down.  I would be stunned if East Noble score more than 14.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

And people said that I was crazy for ranking Memorial No. 1 in the 4A poll this season? I did drop them slightly after their loss. 

Hey, I said early, early on I thought they would show up in LOS.  

All I knew for certain was that they were supposed to have the same level defense returning.   That, along with the fact that 3A has simply been better at the uppermost end than 4A the prior 3-4 years,  made me feel pretty comfortable projecting that.

Still, bummed out that Memorial is the first 3A team to be playing in the 4A Championship....I really wanted my team of favor to be the first.

I simply can’t give the Tigers enough credit, though.  How the heck a 3A school has 2 Men’s Fall sports teams perennially playing at State Championship level is way, way more than remarkable.  

“Unbelievable” is the better word.

Best wishes to them.  

Hoping our kids can someday come up and play again.

A tip of the hat to the Tigers.

Edited by Lysander
  • Thanks 6

East Noble cannot afford to make as many mistakes as they did against Hobart. To turn the ball over 5 times and have a punt blocked deep in your own territory and still be competitive let alone win is impressive. Friday was one of the most exciting football games I have ever been to, and I expect Saturday to be just as exciting.

East Noble's offense has been putting up numbers all year, they nearly doubled Hobart's yardage even with the aforementioned turnovers. I think this goes without saying, but EN owes a lot to their defense. 

I don't know much about Memorial, so hopefully their fans can give some insight on players to watch other than Mr Combs. I know the defense is good, but is the offense good enough to score on EN's defense?

East Noble 35 Memorial 14

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

Jim is a Danville troll and has nothing to do with Memorial or Heritage Hills. 

He's about 1 more post away from a season ban

Good - hope it happens

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:07 AM, jimsinchur said:

WOW - Danville is done and gone which is where I thought you would be for the rest of this year. Oh well.

EN: 30

Memorial: 21

East Noble cannot afford to turn the ball over 6 times in this game.  I am worried about tipped balls at the line, but the offense will be able to score against the Memorial Defense.  Memorial wants to sit back in zone and let the pass rush control the game.  They do a fantastic job of bend, don't break defense.  However, if Parker has time or scrambles around he will hit guys down field or use his legs to get yards.

The EN defense needs to stop the screen passes and bubbles on the perimeter and stop the run.  I think if EM is forced to throw intermediate passes, that will give EN the best chance to win the game.

The biggest question in this game is will Memorial wear down in the 2nd half?  Finn McCool(best name in football), Combs, #14, #69, #82, #57, #77, and few others I am probably missing are asked to do a lot. It seems like in the games I watched, those guys were making all kinds of plays on both sides of the ball.

I expect a great game and atmosphere on Saturday afternoon. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

EN: 30

Memorial: 21

East Noble cannot afford to turn the ball over 6 times in this game.  I am worried about tipped balls at the line, but the offense will be able to score against the Memorial Defense.  Memorial wants to sit back in zone and let the pass rush control the game.  They do a fantastic job of bend, don't break defense.  However, if Parker has time or scrambles around he will hit guys down field or use his legs to get yards.

The EN defense needs to stop the screen passes and bubbles on the perimeter and stop the run.  I think if EM is forced to throw intermediate passes, that will give EN the best chance to win the game.

The biggest question in this game is will Memorial wear down in the 2nd half?  Finn McCool(best name in football), Combs, #14, #69, #82, #57, #77, and few others I am probably missing are asked to do a lot. It seems like in the games I watched, those guys were making all kinds of plays on both sides of the ball.

I expect a great game and atmosphere on Saturday afternoon. 

I can’t imagine EM will wear down. Several you listed have been making plays on both sides of ball for 3 years. I’ve noticed OL’s getting worn down trying to block EMs DL and LB.  I guess we will find out Saturday. EM has always asked a handful of kids to play both ways. I think that’s a big reason they’ve played Thanksgiving weekend the last 3 years. #6 didn’t play both ways much till week 7 and then again week 12, 13, and 14.  You will see a very fast hard hitting defense. If QB is on the run I like our chances. Can’t get away from #6 and #69.  

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Prospect said:

but is the offense good enough to score on EN's defense?

Good question.  EM’s offense has been pretty inconsistent this year - which I guess can be expected after losing a generational QB/WR combo like Lindauer and (Branson) Combs.

But one significant thing has changed in the tournament — the reps and touches that (Brock) Combs has been getting.  He was used sparingly on offense during the regular season.  Mostly just short yardage situations.  He’s been getting the ball a lot more during the post-season.  And I’d say it’s made a clear difference.

Mooresville did a fine job stifling the Tigers offense.  And they aren’t the first.  It’s been EM’s Achilles Heel this year.