Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• East Noble
    • Evansville Memorial

This poll is closed to new votes

28 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Good question.  EM’s offense has been pretty inconsistent this year - which I guess can be expected after losing a generational QB/WR combo like Lindauer and (Branson) Combs.

But one significant thing has changed in the tournament — the reps and touches that (Brock) Combs has been getting.  He was used sparingly on offense during the regular season.  Mostly just short yardage situations.  He’s been getting the ball a lot more during the post-season.  And I’d say it’s made a clear difference.

Mooresville did a fine job stifling the Tigers offense.  And they aren’t the first.  It’s been EM’s Achilles Heel this year.

Thank goodness Lindauer and Branson Combs are gone! Those guys were incredible.  But East Noble's weakness defensively is the big play. So that will have to be a point of emphasis this week.

Another advantage for the Tigers is their familiarity with State week, and playing in LOS.  How much will this effect the game?

26 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Another advantage for the Tigers is their familiarity with State week, and playing in LOS.  How much will this effect the game?

I think, personally, this will be the biggest factor in the game. Not saying that EN hasn’t played in big games, but playing in LOS under these circumstances is an entirely different animal. I believe experience will be Memorial’s biggest strength, as they have played on Thanksgiving weekend the last 2 years. The first quarter of the game will be huge. Can Memorial capitalize on experience early, or will EN come out ready to play and we have a great 4 quarter game?

1 hour ago, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

I think, personally, this will be the biggest factor in the game. Not saying that EN hasn’t played in big games, but playing in LOS under these circumstances is an entirely different animal. I believe experience will be Memorial’s biggest strength, as they have played on Thanksgiving weekend the last 2 years. The first quarter of the game will be huge. Can Memorial capitalize on experience early, or will EN come out ready to play and we have a great 4 quarter game?

You definitely have to think there will be some nerves from EN. For Memorial to make it to state again after moving up a class just shows how great their program is. EN cannot let nerves get the best of them and let the first quarter get out of hand. They especially cannot bring the turnover bug they caught in Semi State to LOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tango said:

Last year EM was defending champion with a lot of returning players.  Came out flat, gave up 2 TDS in 3 plays and was down in a 14-0 hole before the first tv timeout. 

And still had a decent shot to win at the end against a terrific WL team.

They went (twice) right after a backup cornerback who was playing for an injured starter.  I’m not much on wouldas and couldas (and, frankly, it was smart...I’m surprised that Chatard didn’t exploit the injury in the SS as WL did in the finals), but I think it was a difference maker.  It’s hard to come back from a two score deficit early in the game against a great team.

But EM had a juggernaut offense last year.  Not so much this year.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

It would appear that this game could be close, especially when smoothing out the "other factors" like played at LOS before, etc. It seems EN has answered every challenge this year and I would expect them to do the same vs. EM. Should be a good one though...just think EM inconsistency and some inexperience will ultimately be the difference, but who knows? 

Prediction: EN 24  -   EM 14

I will be sitting back enjoying the games Saturday...hopefully still smiling from a Chatard win Friday!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

inexperience

Ummm several of these kids started on 2018 team and played a major role. Another 5-6 either started or played significant minutes on 2017 team. A large number are suiting up for the 44th time in their varsity career.  Inexperienced?? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger391 said:

Is he #57? Kid has a monitor from what I've seen. 

Yes. #57, Leyth Al-Mohammedawi, can flat out ball! He makes tackles for loss with 2-3 guys on him regularly. You leave him one on one. He burns you. Two on one, he and the linebackers burn you. Three on one, the linebackers kill you. There's a reason why the two linebackers lead the state in tackles. #57. The rest of the D line in no slouch either. They don't miss tackles

This will be a replay of last week if the EN defense shows up.  Plain and simple. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CrazyBill said:

Yes. #57, Leyth Al-Mohammedawi, can flat out ball! He makes tackles for loss with 2-3 guys on him regularly. You leave him one on one. He burns you. Two on one, he and the linebackers burn you. Three on one, the linebackers kill you. There's a reason why the two linebackers lead the state in tackles. #57. The rest of the D line in no slouch either. They don't miss tackles

This will be a replay of last week if the EN defense shows up.  Plain and simple. 

Yep EN will get a taste of EM D like Fortville  did if we show up. Plain and simple. 

I’ve only seen EN vs Hobart. 
If that is representative, EM gets 2 INT’s minimum. I like EN OL. The key for EM will be to handle the pulling EN linemen and stop the run. If EN runs, it will be long afternoon for EM. 
There has been only one team score more than 2 touchdowns in regulation on EM starting defense. Eville North with big plays from super fast DMcKinney early in season. EM doesn’t give up the big scoring  plays anymore.  I didn’t see anything as explosive as what EvilleCentral has.
The EM defense will hold. EM offense will get just enough done with most likely scoring help from defense. 

EM 17

EN 14

14 hours ago, CrazyBill said:

Maybe some slight exaggerations here. 

14 hours ago, Screagle said:

Better hope EN doesn’t spot EM 17. Plain and Simple.  

Hopefully the turnover bug is out of their system. That being said, I think the EM defense is good enough to create some turnovers/put EN in some bad spots and EN's defense is good enough to do the same.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tiger391 said:

Yep EN will get a taste of EM D like Fortville  did if we show up. Plain and simple. 

I can see why you would draw that comparison.  I was impressed with Mt. Vernon for the most part, and they had opportunities in that game that they did not capitalize on.  Hopefully, EN can score points in those situations.  I think EN is better up front and I think Parker is more accurate than the Mt. Vernon QB.

A lot of their struggles is a credit to Memorial.  East Noble will need an answer to Memorial's 3rd/4th and Long package.  Lining up Combs inside and stunting him and #69 while bringing the RB #9 off the edge, could cause the Knights problems up front.  I see Memorial lining up in this defense quite a bit, even if its not on 3rd or 4th and long to try to get some pressure on Parker.

• Like 2